Chapter 2 : A New School

College Life

[LeeTeuk POV]

"Are you sure you want to do this, LeeTeuk?"

I looked at my father that was driving me towards the college area.

"Yes, father. I've made my decision, and I'm sticking to it!" I said confidently.

My father chuckled a low and deep laugh. "Alright then."

 

When we arrived there, I went to the trunk of the car and grabbed my luggage.

"Starting in a new school is hard, LeeTeuk. Be sure to stay safe an-"

"Yes, father. I know." I cut him off and gave him a pat on the back.

"I'll come visit on holidays, alright?" I asked him and he gave a quick nod.

"Tell mom and brother I said 'bye'!" And for the last time I gave my dad a hug and walked to the main entrance of the college.

 

When I first entered, the colors inside were plain. White and Blue.

I smiled as I entered the office. It was warm, comfortable, and had a friendly environment. 

The secretary must have saw me smiling like an idiot around the place so she motioned me towards the desk.

"Name?" She asked me while typing on her computer.

"Park JungSoo or Park LeeTeuk." It was strange to tell someone my name.

In my old school, everyone knew who I was. Even if I didn't know them, they seemed to know everything about me.

 

"Okay, Mr. Park. Here is your schedule and your dorm keys. You'll be staying at Dorm 139."

I smiled and bowed at a 90 degree angle,turning around and leaving the filling office. Must be a lot of new comers.

I looked at the sheet of paper the lady gave me. My schedule was printed onto it.

"Arts - Singing & Dancing . Room C95"

 

C95? What the.

I looked at the map that was on the back of the sheet and it just made everything more confusing.

 

People must have noticed me standing in the middle of the hall for minutes.

I continued to look down at the paper. I thought squinting at it would help, but I was wrong.

I sighed and just continued to walk around, hoping to find C95 soon.

 

I bumped into someone, dropping their books and papers.

"Oops, I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologized and bent down to clean his papers up.

 

"No, no. It's fine! No harm done." He flashed me a smile and I grinned back.

"You look new here... Are you a transfer student here?" 

"Yup! I'm in Arts - C95. Though I have no idea where I'm going. I"m hoping it's somewhere near here."

He chuckled at me and told me "This is A25. You have to go up two more levels. I'm in the same class so I'll take you there. My name is SiWon, by the way."

I shook hands with him and smiled. "I'm LeeTeuk. Nice to meet you!"

 

We walked up two staircases, sharing our stories and interests when we reached a door.

"C95 ... Wow, we actually made it here." I chuckled and looked at SiWon.

"Yup! Now, let's go in now. We'll be late if we don't! By the way, the teacher is called Mr. Lee."

 

I nodded and followed behind him.

 

When we entered the room, I felt a cold breeze flow through me.

I rubbed my arms quickly, trying to somehow rub away the coldness. My white sweater wasn't thick enough.

I looked around and only saw couple students here and there.

Groups of people on one side, while solo people on the other.

Where I went to school, when I entered the room, everyone would come and surround me.

Not here though. Everyone didn't even notice me and SiWon was already walking to a bunch of people.

I went with him and stood outside his group of people as he chatted with them.

 

"I don't want to alarm you, SiWon. But there is someone that's behind you and he's been standing there for a while."

I heard one of the men whisper in the group and SiWon just laughed.

"This is LeeTeuk! He's a new student here and I met him on the way to class."

Everyone bowed and welcomed me, making room in their circle.

One by one, everyone told me their names.

"Hello! I'm Dancing King, EunHyuk!"

"Hey, I'm DongHae. I'm known for being a fish." Uh okay?
"I'm Milky Skin, HeeChul." He said while checking in a mirror.

"I'm KyuHyun, the best gamer on Earth!"

I smiled and bowed at them.

"I'm LeeTeuk! I hope that we'll have a good year!" 

"How old are you, LeeTeuk?" I looked at the guy named HeeChul.

"I'm turning 27 this year."

Everyone looked shocked except the guy who asked me.

"What?"

"You're so... OLD!" They laughed loudly and I smiled with them.

"Yah! We're not old!" I looked at HeeChul. He must have been the same age as me.

 

They continued to fight while I stood there and watched them argue.

When I looked around the room, I saw other people too.

A small group of 4 girls in one corner, another group of 4 in different space, and one that sat by herself in the back.

I left the men slowly and walked towards the girl from behind. She was reading a book.

"Hello there. My name is Park LeeTeuk. I'm new here, and I saw that you are here alone too. Are you new as well?"

The lady looked up me with a bored expression and gave a loud sigh, while rolling her eyes.

She packed her books in her bag and stood up, walking away from me.

I saw her take the seat near the front, all the way away from me.

I frowned and walked back towards my group.

 

"What's wrong with that girl?" I said, pointing at the lady who ignored me.

"Oh... That's Kim TaeYeon." I heard EunHyuk say. "She doesn't like any guys."

"What? Why?" Being curious, I decided to ask more.

"Something about her childhood... Anyway, class is about to start, let's take our seats!" DongHae said.

 

Even though the teacher was taking the attendance, I couldn't take my eye off TaeYeon.

She didn't seem to be paying attention at all.

 

"I heard there's a new student here. Park JungSoo?"

I turned away from the student and towards the teacher.

"I'm here. Call me LeeTeuk please." I smiled and bowed at him.

 

After a quick announcement about an upcoming play, the teacher started his teaching.

I took small notes about the lesson though it was pointless, having it all already in the handout he gave me.

We had a small vocal exercise, showing us how to control tones.

When it was TaeYeon's turn, I was surprised.

For a small lady, she had a voice of an angel.

 

The bell rang and it was time for lunch.

It was then I realized I still had my bags.

I thought it'd be a good idea to run towards my dorm and drop everything off first then come back.

 

It took me 5 minutes to find out my direction and soon enough, I was there.

Room 135.... 137... Ah! 139!

I turned my key inside the door and opened it.

 

To my surprise, the room was neat and tidy, yet there was someone elses stuff in it.

And it wasn't guy's stuff. Was I sharing dorms with a girl? Did they make a mistake?

I made a quick call to the office and according to them, it was not a mistake.

I shook my head and hung up the phone.

Guess I'll have to get settled here. 

I found an empty room and dropped all my bags and luggage there.

The room was all white with a white desk and had a large closet to fill my clothes in.

After settling, I went to the kitchen. Man, was I starving!

 

I placed my instant noodles in a pot and waited for it to cook.

As I walked down to the table, I heard the door opening. My room mate?

I had no idea who it would be so I was anticipating the person.

 

I saw the same girl from my class walk in.

TaeYeon?

 

"Uhm... What the heck are you doing here?"

Those were the first words that came out of TaeYeon's mouth.

"Uh, I'm your new dorm mate."

 

"How?! You're a male." TaeYeon said it in a disgusting tone.

"I don't know. The office said I was in the right place..."

She stood there frozen for 5 seconds then groaned and threw her keys on the table, walking away from me.

 

 

And that was my first encounter with TaeYeon.

 

----------------------------------------------------

TaeYeon doesn't seem to be so happy about LeeTeuk being her new dorm mate D:<

Anyway, thanks for reading !!