Chapter 1 : One Nightmare

College Life

[TaeYeon POV]

 

I snuck downstairs, carefully avoiding the loud creaks that came from the staircase.

It was way past my bed time, but I didn't care.

The front door opened and there was loud commotion from downstairs so I came down to see what was happening.

It was father.

 

"Why are you home so late...?" I heard a small whisper from the kitchen.


Mother had prepared a romantic dinner that night, filled with many dishes.

It was their anniversary.

 

"Why do you care?" 

I whimpered as I heard father stumble towards the dark kitchen, only being lit by a small candle.

 

"Why wouldn't I? It's our 8th year married, Kim KyuHyuk.."

"I DON'T CARE!!"

 

Father had obviously taken more than the usual bottles of soju that night.

 

I heard dishes being placed into the sink and the light was blown out.

Mother had walked towards the living room quietly while I hid deeper into the closet, watching my parents.

Father took 5 big strides toward her, surprising my mother. I could tell because of the way she looked.

 

"What are you-" She started but was interrupted.

Father pushed her down and slapped her.

 

I gasped quietly.

 

"Who said you had a say in things?! You are a woman, in fact. Bow down to the man."

And he kicked her right in the stomach.

I heard a loud cry come out of my mother and I covered my eyes, while running back upstairs, ignoring the noise it made.

 

"Look what you did! You woke her up!" Father yelled even louder and slapped her right across the face.

 

I slammed my door and hid under my covers, hoping that Father wouldn't come to hit me tonight as well.

 

Loud foot steps came up the stairs, and soon a shadow was bouncing off my door.

 

I feld my hands together and shut my eyes, making a quick prayer.

 

Then the door swung open

 

 

I gasped loudly and sat up straight.

I clutched my chest and my eyes blinked twice before regaining my vision.

 

Checking my surroundings, I made sure that Father was no where to be seen.

I was clearly alone in my room and it was just early morning.

 

Every night that passed by, I always had the same nightmare.

 

The same thought whenever I saw a guy.

 

The same hatred I felt whenever a man came close to me.

 

 

It's been 18 years.

 

---------------------------------------------------- 

How do you guys like the story so far?

:) Hope you're enjoying it!

Not TaeTeuk moments yet!

But hold on, it'll come sooner or later >:D

 

Read my other fan fics while you're at it !!

 

Comment && Subscribe ^^ ♥