Chapter 10 : Lee SoonKyu

College Life

 

[TaeYeon POV]

 

LeeTeuk's eyes widened.

He had never seen me yell at someone so loudly.

"What? What are you saying, TaeYeon?"

 

"You really think I wouldn't find out?" I breathed out loudly.

 

"Find out about what? I don't know wh-" 

 

"Stop your lies, LeeTeuk." I smirked and leaned on one leg. 

"I saw the note about your bet. I'm not stupid. I really thought you would be different. That maybe I would actually have a guy friend for once."

 

He gasped.

 

Yeah, I found out your little secret.

 

"How did you...? Anyway, it doesn't matter, TaeYeon. I wanted to be your friend because I wanted to be. Not because of a bet."

 

"Hah! Like I would believe you. I have no trust in you whatsoever." I chuckled at his idea.

 

"C'mon, Taeyeon. I made a mistake, and I know that. Why can't we just start over?"

 

"I already gave you a chance, LeeTeuk." I sighed out and faced him. 

"I actually was starting to trust you. A guy. I've never talked to one in years. But, why did you have to bet for my friendship? Do you know how that makes me feel?"


I was shocked at my confession. I wasn't one to share my emotions.

And to a guy? That was strange.

I then shook my head before he could respond.

 

"Whatever, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm going."

"Where?" LeeTeuk watched me pass by him.

"Out." I slammed the door and leaned back against it.

 

Why are boys so complicated?

 

[LeeTeuk POV]

 

Ugh! LEETEUK!

How could you do something so reckless?

I ran towards my room after TaeYeon had left., trying to find one thing as I rummaged the thing on my desk.

When I found it, I ripped it in pieces.

 

I called up HeeChul and he picked up on the third ring.

 

"Hello?"

"HeeChul?"

"This is...?" 

"LeeTeuk. Wow."

"Sorry! Anyway, what do you need? It's only... WOW ITS ONLY 8AM ON A SUNDAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"I just wanted to tell you... The bet's off." I breathed into the phone in quick words.

"WHAT? WHY?!" 

"Why are you yelling?"

"Shut up! Why are you backing out? Afraid you're not going to be able to become friends?" I heard him snicker.

"She found out."

 

Silence.

 

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"What she say?"

"She... Got mad and stormed out. What do I do?"

"She usually goes by the church when she's upset. Well that's what Jessica told me."

 

I hung up the phone and ran out the door.

When I was on the sidewalk, I realized I didn't know which church to go to.

 

Ugh, this is going to take a long time.

 

[TaeYeon POV]

Sigh...

I strolled down the grassy path towards the church.

God, where are you?

 

I opened the doors of the vacant church.

I sat in a bench three away from the stage, looking up at the hugs cross nailed on the wall high up.

 

God, how are you?

How is Mother?

Is she doing fine in Heaven?

 

I sighed and bent my head down.

 

When I heard a creak come from behind, I whipped my head back.

A small figure walked down the aisle.

 

"Oh, sorry! I didn't see you here, I'll just lea- ... Wait.. Is that you? TaeYeon? Kim TaeYeon?"

The tiny girl looked at me.

"Do I know you?" I glanced up.

 

Her body was short but she was perfect in body size.

Her hair was blonde and she was wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans, while sporting on a pair of converse.

 


"It's Sunny!"

"Sunny...?"

 

Then a flashback hit me.

 

 

*Flash Back*

I glanced up to see my Mother pushing me behind her, while Father approaching closer.

"TaeYeon. Run. Run outside. Come back later, just leave."

"What? Why, Mother? I want to stay here with you, I wan-"

"Now." 

 

It was weird hearing such authority in my Mother's voice but I listened and ran out the back door while hearing another argument starting from inside.

 

As I skipped down the sidewalk, I spotted a girl that was clutching at her knee, right beside a fallen bicycle.

 

I jogged to her quickly.

 

"Are you okay?!" I shouted while falling on my knees and grabbing her shoulders.

She looked up at me. Her eyes were teary and her face was a little pink.

I glanced at her knee and saw blood coming out.

 

I gasped and patter her shoulder.

"It'll be okay! Don't worry!"

I reached for my pocket and dug around.

Ah! Bingo!

 

I pulled out the item I needed and ripped the wrapping off.

"Why do you keep a band-aid with you?" The girl asked between her sniffles.

"Just in case this happens!" I smiled at her and pressed the band-aid down on her knee, while helping her up.

I picked up her bike and pushed it towards her.

 

"Here you go! Your bike is really pretty by the way." I grinned at the girl.

"Thank you so much... Unnie?"

"Oh, I'm only 7!"

"Me too! I guess we're chingoos then!" She smiled back at me.

I chuckled and smiled back.

She wanted me to walk home with her so I did.

I probably wasn't able to even go home yet.

 

When we reached her door, I saw her parents at the door.

 

"Who's this, honey?" The woman asked her.

My friend spoke in a high voice.

"She helped me up when I fell! See!" She pointed at her band-aid.

The mother gasped. "Are you alright?!"

"Yep! She helped me!" 

I could tell that my chingoo was a happy kid all the time.

"Hmm. Do you go to her school, little girl?"

The father looked at me in a confused face.

"Oh, no. I don't go to school!"

"What?!" The adults say together.

"My parents don't want to pay for me, so I just stay at home! We're too poor anyway. It's okay though, I like cleaning up my house!" I smiled at them but they frowned.

"You should get going then, little girl." The mother said at me. "Your mother must be worried."

I bowed at the three people and walked away.

But before I did, my chingoo ran up to me.

 

"What's your name, chingoo?" She asked me.

"Kim TaeYeon! And you?" I smiled at her.

"Lee SoonKyu! But I don't like that name." Her eyebrows pulled into a frown.

"Really? Then get a new one when you're older! Something that describes you well!" I suggested.

Her eyes widened. "THAT'S A GOOD IDEA!"

I laughed. "Well, you are a very jumpy person! And you are really funny! Maybe something like .. Sunny?" I asked her.

"I love it! Thank you, chingoo!" She waved me good bye and I left her house.

 

I was dreading to go back home, but I had to.

 

Bye, Sunny!

 

*End of Flash Back*

 

"Yeah. Sunny... You don't... You don't remember me? Is it because of my hair?" She grabbed a strand and stared at it.

"No... I think.. I think I remember you! Lee SoonKyu, right?!" I got excited.

"Yeah!" Sunny smiled at me. "I actually changed my name, like you said!"

"That's good." I got up and shook her hand.

 

After we caught up together, we started to talk about schools.

 

"So, do you live in a dorm or are you living somewhere else?"

"In a dorm. I live with a male room mate... Apparently the school wanted him to be with someone responsible."

"Oh.. Weird. By the way, what happened to your hand?" 

 

We both looked at my bandaged palm.

"Ah. I accidently cut my hand with glass. But my door mate helped clean up the blood and bandaged it up."

She thought for a second. "Who's your dorm mate?"

"Uhm... LeeTeuk? Park LeeTeuk." I sighed as I spoke his name.

 

Her eyes shot wide open.

 "Park LeeTeuk?! The guy with a pointy nose?"

I chuckled at her description "That's the one."

"And he cleaned up your blood?!" 

"Why are you so shocked?"

 

She sighed.

"Park LeeTeuk was my high school friend."

 

What a small world we live in.

 

"Why are you so shocked about him cleaning blood though?" I questioned her.

 

"LeeTeuk can't stand blood. He never got close to it." 

 

What?

 

"Whenever did out blood tests during school, he ditched." She took a breath and continued "The guy can't stand the sight or smell of blood. He gets sick and sometimes faints."

 

"Then how did he clean up mine?!" I asked her loudly.

 

"There was this one time where he did have to be near it. When his ex-girlfriend got in a fight and one of the big girls slashed her with a knife on her arm. LeeTeuk helped her clean it up and everyone was shocked. He only could stand it if there is someone important to him involved."

 

Through her explaining, there was a phrase that stuck to me the most.

"He only could stand it if there is someone important to him involved."

 

"Haha. I'm not important to him."

"How would you know?" She was now asking me the questions.

"He just moved in my dorm. Plus, I've been cold to him ever since. He also made a bet with his friends that he could become my friend for money."

"LeeTeuk doesn't seem like the person to do that..."

I laughed "Well he did anyway."

"I just want to tell you, TaeYeon... LeeTeuk can easily be pressured to doing stuff. Maybe he was forced to do this?"

"No way." I laughed it off and waved good bye as she had to leave then.

 

As I was walking out of the church, I began to think about the things Sunny said about LeeTeuk.

 

Sick of blood, will only be near in an important situation, and easily pressured.

 

LeeTeuk, who are you?

 

"TAEYEON?!"

 

I turned around and saw a male running towards me.

 

It took everything in me not to run away from him.

Memories of my Father running towards me with a weapon came flashing in my mind.

But this time, Iit wasn't my Father.

 

It was LeeTeuk.

 

--------------------

How is this chapter guys ><?

Hoped  you guys liked it ^^

BONUS :

I'M PRETTY SURE THIS IS TAEYEON AND LEETEUK

AND IF IT IS 

OMGOGMOGM ♥