Chapter 9

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, I'm on my way home. Please update me my schedule. Thanks and sorry for leaving with short notice"  
 
"It's good that you're not forgetting that I'm your manager. Didn't felt it the moment you left" Hyeyoung sent a reply as fast as she could when she received the message Jessica sent her 
 
"Of course! You're the best ^^ Don't be sad anymore" 
 
"Who says I am? I didn't even miss you at all" 
 
"Oh? I didn't say anything about that. But it seems like you did hehe~ I missed you too!" 
 
 
-- 
 
Yoona woke up real late. If it weren't for Hyeyoung's call, she would still be in her dreamland 
 
"Yes Unnie. I'll be there, I'm sorry" She answered as she rush her way to do all the things she have to and making sure that she arrives on Jessica's house by 9:45 because it was said that Jessica would continue her promotion to music programs. 
 
"Seems like you're loving the day off you had when you acted like you don't like it before. Been watching movies till midnight huh?" Jessica asked her with a smirk on her way down to the living room "I'm flattered" She added 
 
"H-Huh?" 
 
"Why are you looking at me as if you're trying to memorize every part of my face?" 
 
"O-oh. Nothing" She embarrassedly scratched her nape. Gahd she looks prettier. She looks radiant with that smile – Wait. What am I thinking of? Gahd Im Yoona. Why are you like this? 
 
"Let's take something to eat and head to the studio already, okay? I don't want to be late since I don't want them to wait for us" 
 
"A-ah. Y-yeah" What's happening to me? Why am I stuttering like this? This is embarrassing! 
 
"Exid?" She asked with a giggle. Aish! See! She knows how to make fun of people 
 
I wonder why is she timid today? She's not giving me that murderous glare of her, right? 
 
Shrugging their thoughts, they left the house with the snacks Mrs. Choi prepared for them. 
 
"Yoong – Sasaeng!" Jessica pointed to the exit of that studio so Yoona immediately went in front to look while her hands barricade Jessica making sure that she's safe. 
 
"There isn't anybody …" 
 
"There was. Maybe he got scared of you" She bluffed and Yoona pursed her lips and gave a disapproving look on Jessica 
 
"I'm flattered. You look like you're about to sleep while watching but bodyguard mode on when I pranked you" 
 
Aish! What has gotten to her? She looks – shrug it, she's so happy. Even have time for pranks huh 
 
Is she not on the mood today? But she looks so cute with that stoic face of hers 
 
But wait, Did she just call me Yoong or did she? 
 
"Are you done already?" 
 
"No, not yet. I was just given a 5 minute break since there's a problem with the lighting"  
 
"Ah" 
 
"Yeah. Ah yeah ah yeah ah yeah" Yoona sniggered at Jessica's antics  
 
"How childish" 
 
"Pft. Why? Do you want me to be a Yoona 2.o?" 
 
"Why? What's wrong with being me?" 
 
"You always have this" Jessica tiptoed to point at Yoona's almost colliding brows 
 
"You had it too" When you broke up with him "When you're in a variety" 
 
"Sometimes only. Unlike you who have it even when you're just talking" 
 
"I do not" Yoona defended flailing her hands 
 
"See! You do" She stifled giggles because Yoona really had it 
 
"Filming resumes. Stop playing around" Hyeyoung quipped in and Jessica went back to the stage "I wonder what has gotten to her. She's so – She's way too happy the moment I saw her again" 
 
Yoona smiled "Yes she is. Maybe her sis is okay now" 
 
"Hmm, Maybe she and Yonghwa met there too" 
 
Oh right – They just broke up.  Is she trying to be happy so she could hide the pain? 
 
 
"Thanks for the hard work" She bowed to the crew at the studio. The filming for the broadcast took hours to finish. But now, they're all done and good to go. "Yoong, Let's go home first before you drop me off in the company" 
 
"Alright" 
 
Jessica went home because she forgot to bring the stuffs Krystal bought for the CEO. Krystal said it was her only way to show gratitude since Jessica had the time to be with her. Jessica also added some since the CEO is really nice to her. 
 
"I'd be fine here. You can go now" 
 
"What?" 
 
"I said you can go home now hehe. Unnie will be the one who will drive me to the company" 
 
"It's .. still early" 
 
"I won't be going out anyway. I'll just practice and it will take some time so yeah. What do I do when filming ended early?" 
 
"Let me help you with that stuffs before going home" 
 
"And your scooter?" Jessica asked crossing her arms over her chest "No. You will only go back and forth" 
 
"But – Hmm, okay" 
 
Yoona helped Jessica with the stuffs that she's going to bring before saying her goodbye 
 
 
 
-- 
 
"Mr. Kwon, I brought some stuffs for you" She smiled after the CEO's secretary ushered her inside the room "My sis and I had this for you as a sign of our gratitude. I spent the 7 days well" 
 
"You didn't have to" 
 
"We insist" 
 
"Well .. Thank you. And, Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter