Chapter 21

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I were Yoona who doesn't know her closely off camera, I would think how absurd and crazy this sight is. Not anymore, though.

 

"Yoongie, why are you with me?" Jessica asked with a giggle. "Where's K?"

 

"She told me not to follow her and stay with you instead" Typical Soojung. Of course, as predicted.

 

"Works for me" She nodded "Can you help me get those please?"

 

Yoona reached for the oyster sauce on the top shelf that Jessica has been pointing

 

"Not just one," complained Jessica "get five"

 

"Are you going to an island or what?" Yoona asked as she took the last bottle.

 

Is this how rich people usually shop? In bulk, and at the wholesale store?

 

"You save more if you buy in bulk"

 

Well, that answers my question.

 

Jessica took one last glance of her cell phone that has her list of what to buy and her cart. She nodded when everything she needed is already in the cart.

 

"Can you bring this to Mrs Choi at the counter and bring another cart?"

 

Yoona did as asked and found Jessica already holding some stuffs.

 

"You know, you have a busy schedule. I didn't know that you're the one buying groceries for yourself"

 

"Every people you meet must've been rich" She smirked "I am not"

 

Yoona is mum. Jessica continued "why ask someone to do something for you when you can do it yourself? Besides, you can be free with your choices when you shop by yourself"

 

And I didn’t know idols can buy groceries this freely. When you browse twitter or naver, you can always see idols being spotted and approached by fans. While her, she barely have people approaching her. Is she not as famous or what?

 

To give her the benefit of doubt, there was an instance where she was spotted by people who want to ruin her career and some of her fans. The one when we ate and washed the dishes.

 

"Are you going to buy me ice cream for a job well done?" Krystal approached, linking her arms with Jessica's as they push the cart "I finished my cart and even brought it to Mrs Choi"

 

"Are you okay?" She pats Krystal's head "Tired?"

 

"Not much. And stop doing that with your finger" She gave Jessica's hand a flicker who's biting her nails again

 

"I can't wait for you to start working so that you will stop on doting me with this"

 

"You speak as if I will work in the US" Giggles Krystal "stop doing that, okay? It's dirty" commanded Krystal as a matter of fact. However, biting of nails has been a habit of Jessica’s since little. Killing a habit wouldn’t be as easy as imagined.

 

"I'll think about it" Which means no. This helps me relax my thoughts. It won’t be easy to do as you please, little sis.

 

The shopping spree ended and they headed home after having chicken and pizza for dinner. Krystal also had her mint chocolate ice cream.


 

--

 

Heart bbuing bbuing

 

Heart bbuing bbuing

 

"Hello Tae, do you want to have dinner with this cute one?"

 

"There must not be a lot of people calling you these days for you to know that it's me calling"

 

"It's telepathy"

 

"Your so called telepathy is wrong, because I am not asking for a dinner. Instead, a last full show movie date with you"

 

"Okay! Popcorns on me!"

 

Yoona helped in unloading the stuff they bought before calling it a day.

 

Normally, she would be thrilled to be invited by Taeyeon. Everything that has got to do with Taeyeon excites her. Heck, Taeyeon used the word ‘date’. It used to send butterflies in her stomach.

 

Her way home was filled with questions about how she truly feels and how everything was not as giddy as before.

 

On her way home, she had thoughts of what to reason – whatever she could use to decline the invitation. Something foreign to her. She never declined Taeyeon’s invitation. Much more, a movie date. It was their bonding. Taeyeon always manages to acquire buzz worthy movies.

 

"Taeng, you know ..." Yoona started a conversation after they have found their seat.

 

Even though it was a last minute invitation, they were able to meet 30 minutes ahead of the airing time.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Everything feels weird lately"

 

"Is your so called bratty boss rubbing her weirdness to you?"

 

"Now that you mention it ... She might have ..."

 

"I hope you're not planning to resign" Taeyeon turned to her with worry "Her schedule is packed, she will need you more"

 

"No" chuckles Yoona. "I can get by with her silly antics now"

 

"Then what is weird?"

 

"Well ..." Yoona gave it a thorough thinking before reaching a final ultimatum whether to say it or not. "You invited me"

 

"Yes. And how is that weird? I've been inviting you since ever"

 

"I mean ... You invited me ... Usually, I would be smiling from ear to ear as I excitedly wait. I would be undecided with what to wear. It just doesn't, and I find it weird" explained Yoona perplexed at herself. She felt indifferent.

 

"Maybe you like someone more than me now who makes you feel that way"

 

"What ...?" Yoona frowned. Is she saying she knows that I like her???

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter