Chapter 22

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi, how's work?" Jessica opened her arms as soon as she heard the door opened.

 

 

"It was tiring yet enjoyable. I learned a lot" Krystal dashed to Jessica who's laying down at the couch and lay down beside her "How about you? Early dismissal?"

 

 

"Just photo shoot for the day. Hyeyoung unnie resigned from bighit to join me in HGC. CEO told me to wait for a few days and he will make the preparations for a comeback"

 

 

"You said you have a possible US tour"

 

 

"I was just kidding" she giggles "you're here for good, what more will I do in us? Besides, I am not that popular to fill concert arenas"

 

 

. It's those giggles that makes my heart beat irregularly

 

 

Or is it just because I hadn't seen her for a long time??

 

 

Does it mean you're longing for her??

 

 

Noooo! Get a hold of yourself Im Yoona!

 

 

"Did you eat dinner outside?"

 

 

"No, and I am hungry. Did you finish making supper?"

 

 

"I will set the table. Change your clothes" She taps Krystal's arm

 

 

"I hope you made a lot, because I've been craving for your kimchi fried rice for so long" She pry herself from the couch to head upstairs and change her clothes "Eewna, stay for dinner. To make up with unnies unnecessary request of you to work while I work"

 

 

"And don't decline for whatever reason" seconded Jessica, already pulling Yoona towards the kitchen

 

 

I thought this brat never enters the kitchen

 

 

"There's an egg!" Krystal glee seeing the food on the table, already poking her fried egg as she starts to eat

 

 

"Don't rush yourself, you may not digest well later and sulk at me"

 

 

"Hmm," she savours the dish with eyes closed "just like how I like it"

 

 

"Thanks for the meal" Yoona digs in and was stunned after the first bit

 

 

It was not something incredib--

 

 

What's this? It feels like something usual, yet it tastes something out of the ordinary

 

 

"Krystal was like that too when she had it the first time" Jessica smiled proudly, thankful that Yoona liked the dish she prepared "Partner it with this"

 

 

"Unnie, eat with us" Krystal beckoned Jessica to sit on her place as she put a dumpling on Jessica's plate too

 

 

"Yes. What would you like to drink? Water only or juice?" asked her, already at the fridge to get their drinks

 

 

"Water" answered Krystal

 

 

"Hmm, this is better than before" Jessica praised her own dish. "The soup is my new learned dish, so I am not yet confident"

 

 

"It's good. I really like it" nodded Krystal, taking another spoonful of the soup.

 

 

She cooked this?? It's so good!

 

 

"You should stay at home more often"

 

 

"You still have a few weeks to make a full use of me"

 

 

"Are you going to pack me some lunch tomorrow?"

 

 

"What do you want?" Asked Jessica removing the dirt on Krystal's lips

 

 

"Anything you can cook sounds nice to me. I prefer home cooked – your home cooked food more than anything"

 

 

"Okay! I will try to whip something tomorrow"

 

 

 

--

 

 

"Unnie!" Jessica squealed in delight after meeting Hyeyoung again.

 

 

Those who have worked with Jessica for a long time have decided to go the same path. They just waited for the time they need to render after tendering their resignation letter.

 

 

"Everyone's here"

 

 

"Of course, who would know you better than us?" Yewon, the hairstylist answers. "No one can curl your hair manually like I do"

 

 

"You're right" She nodded, giving each one a hug before going for a group hug

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

Jessica treated the ladies to lunch as her way of saying her little thanks for being with her despite them working for bighit for years and that bonus season is just around the corner.

 

"What did you make for Krystal for her lunch box?" Yoona asked after they have bought iced coffee to kill some time before heading their next destination.

 

 

Oh wow. How bored is she for her to initiate a conversation?

 

 

For real Yoona?? You're the one who started talking to the brat?

 

 

"Just omelette and spam. I woke up late" She sips her coffee before continuing "speaking of the devil, let me check something first before we go"

 

 

Is she able to follow thru that list on her phone?

 

 

"Hmm," Jessica nodded satisfied with her list "let's go, or else we'd be left with the not so good parts"

 

 

What's with the not so good? What is she talking about?

 

 

Yoona's question was answered when Jessica have led her to the wet market.

 

 

She's going to shop here? The bratty princess?? Omg???

 

 

"Hi"

 

 

"Hello! I hope I am not too late for the good parts" The first thing they went to was the meat section. "My sister is at home, so I would be buying meat more often"

 

 

"I would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter