Chapter 7

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Just why do I always see you at places?" Jessica asked taking the vacant seat of where Yoona is drinking alone. She even took the freshly poured soju and drank it in one shot

"Ehem! You do because I'm your hired bodyguard. Fire me if you don't want to see this gorgeous face"

"Thick skinned"

"And, It's not like we 'always' meet after working hours. I believe this is the first"

"When I was eating ramen at the convenience store the other time"

"Excuse you Miss Jung, You didn't see me that time. I did"

"But anyway, why are you here all alone?"

"Would like to ask the same"

"I didn't came alone though. I just approached you alone"

"O-oohhhhhh!" Yoona took her shot "But wait, you aren't allowed to drink, right?"

"Says who?"

"Unnie" Jessica took another shot from Yoona 

"Then, I'll make you the reason. I'll tell her that I saw you drinking alone and out of pity, I wanted to comfort you so I had no choice but to drink too"

"YAH!" Yoona took the shot glass away from Jessica "Go with your friends and I'll be pleased"

"I did. And now we're drinking together"

"Me?!" Yoona asked pointing to herself

"Hmm! Aren't you?"

"I mean ... others ... I thought you came with your friends ..."

"Friends? Who?"

"Uhm, Your friends?"

"Kindly define "Friends" for me" Jessica answered before taking another shot. They started exchanging shots when Jessica came and devouring the food in the table too

"Friends ... Hmm .. someone you hang-out with, do things together and anything? Someone you can share your secrets with"

"I only have one. And unfortunately, that someone already has a family so I can't invite to this kind of place"

"Who?"

"Sunny"

"Don't you have any other friends?"

"Oh! I have one more! But she's busy filming her drama"

"Who?"

"Minyoung unnie"

"I mean, you have a lot. Choa, Halla, and those from Mamamoo or whatever is it"

"Ahh! They're .. labelmates. I don't have any friends beside Sunny and Minyoung unnie"

"How is that different?"

"Labelmates are the ones who you get along with for the sake of formalities or whatever is it"

"Tch. So you did came alone" Yoona scoffed pouring the last of the soju

"Did i? At least I won't be leaving alone though"

"Who are you leaving with?"

"You. Let's have drink somewhere else. My treat"

"Who says I'm going with you? I'm already having a nice time in here."

"Aish fine" Jessica frowned craning her head left and right before standing up

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere. Other than here" She managed to answer before dashing out of that bar

"Aish! I was having a good time already" Yoona mumbled to herself before approaching the bar "Dave, Please tell Yul that something came up and that I have to go"

"Copy that" She looked for Jessica but the girl seems to be gone in a flash. Luckily, When she was going to give a call, she saw Jessica with plastic bag in her hand and heading for the car on the other side. She isn't sure that it's Jessica but since the girl had the same height as Jessica and is wearing the same type of clothes, she just concluded it.

"Miss --" She called before approaching where 'Jessica' is heading to. "I'm right. It is you"

"Did I forgot anything?" She asked 

"No. Let's go"

"What changed your mind?"

"Who else"

"Ooooh! As expected!" Jessica snapped her fingers before giving Yoona the plastic bag and going towards the driver's seat "Hop on!"

 

Jessica did the driving and Yoona could only be a passenger. She doesn't really know where they are going or whatever is the plastic bag for.

"Don't worry, It's just beer and some sweets. I wouldn't buy a bomb or anything" She broke the ice "We'll be there in less than 5 minutes" It was a long-drive but still in Seoul. They stopped near the river

"Here?"

"Yeah"

 

"Why are we here?"

"To drink" She answered taking one can of beer from the plastic bag and opening it before taking a chocolate bar

"Aren't we drinking at the bar awhile ago?"

"We were. But I'm not really a fan of soju."

"Then you could've just said so"

"And I saw my ex." She added as quick as after Yoona ended her sentence "I don't like it" She confessed before chugging the beer

"Ex? Who ... If i can ask ..." She asked with precaution since the topic is personal and not to mention a private matter.

"Yong."

"Yonghwa?"

"Eyy. Why are you so annoying?" She asked taking a bite from the chocolate bar

"You two broke up already?"

"Hmm. He's cheating on me"

"If you want ... If you want to cry ... You can do it. Don't keep it for yourself"

"I guess things came so fast that I actually don't have the time to grieve about it."

"..."

"Of course it hurts. It always does. But what to do? He's not the one,...  again"

"What do you mean cheat though?" She asked taking a can of beer for herself

"I saw him hand in hand with a girl towards his unit"

"And?"

"That's it. I don't need to see more. I left"

"So basically, you two still havent broke up. You just saw him but you didnt break up with him"

"That's where it'll lead anyway. How do you expect me to trust someone who's cheating on me?"

"You got cheated and I feel cheated. Cheers?" She asked lifting her opened beer for a toast

"Ohh your boss" They toasted before sipping the beer

 

"But ..." Yoona broke the silence that took over after Jessica shared the reason why she's drinking tonight "Uhm.. no, forget it"

"Ask it"

"Who says I'm going to ask?"

"I can actually read peoples expression. It's weird but I like this side of me"

"I was just wondering ... If you didn't see me at the bar or rather, see me tonight, what'll you do?"

"Probably drink some whisky"

"..."

"I don't drink much. I was just left with no choice. Somehow I still feel sad over what happened"

"And no one to talk to?"

"There is someone that I would if I hadn't see you"

".. who ..?"

"My sis. But thanks to you, you just saved me from getting nagged"

"Wouldn't your sis comfort you than nagging you?"

"She saw it coming"

"Huh?"

"She expect us to break up soon. I think you two might have read the same article"

"Ahh that"

"Funny, isn't it? She even said I don't love him anymore because I chose her without hesitation"

"Chose ... what?"

"He or me? She asked. I answered with you of course and then she told me that I don't love him anymore. Don't ask me, I didn't get it either"

"But you said you read peoples expression?" Yoona asked before sipping her beer ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter