Chapter 3

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Heart Buing Buing*

*Heart Buing Buing*

"Good Morning Taeyeon-ah~" I greeted as im still laying down at my bed.

"Yah lazy . When are you going to stop making me your alarm clock?"

"I did?"

"You are not waking up if i won't call you, Isn't that making me your alam clock?"

"But, Isn't it nice to have someone gorgeous to wake you up in the morning?"

"You don't need to sugarcoat your words and you can't fool me."

"I was being honest tho."

"Whatever choding. Rise now for you still have a job to do." As if Yoona was a remoted toy, Really did woke up and sat to warm up. Stretching her body.

"Ne. Bye~"

"Hmm. I'll see you after work then. Will text you the info later."

"See? Yah. Don't ---" But Yoona was was cutt off for Taeyeon already hang up the phone.

ARGHHH!! Why didn't you let me finish what i was about to say? And why did you say vivid stuffs? Tsk.

Yoona prepared for today. Isn't she the happiest? She'll meet Tae today afterwork.

 

As early as Tae woke her up, Yoona arrived at Sica's house 5 minutes early despite the traffic at all.

"Good Morning!?" Yoona greeted but was shocked that no one is in the living room.

"Mrs. Choi? Where is Jessica?"

"Oh. She is taking a bath."

"How about Hyeyoung unnie?"

"She already left for the meeting."

"Owh. Okay thanks."

"Hmm. Just sit and watch tv there."

"Ne~"

 

After awhile Jessica was walking down the stairs and Yoong stood up immediately hearing Jessica's footsteps.

"Oh? Yoona-yah? What are you doing here?"

"Work of course."

"Tss. I know you're my bodyguard. But i told unnie to text you on not to come to work today."

"But there's no text mess--" Yoona showed her cellphone but was shocked to see a message which she didn't see awhile ago. Or maybe it came when she was taking a bath and forgot to look at her phone after that?

"I told you so. You won't be working today for i have to go somewhere."

"But that's my purpose tho. To be with you, to guide you."

"Don't you like rest day and no work day? Anyways im off, Bye~ Bye Mrs. Choi. I will be leaving now." Jessica said to inform Mrs. Choi

"Okay Jessi-ah~" Mrs. Choi left was she was doing just to reply to Jessica

"Yah. Miss Jung!" Yoona said following Jessica to the car.

"Miss Jung!!" 

"Don't leave. Wait for me!! JESSICA!!" But too late cause Jessica entered the car fastly, locked the doors and sped hurriedly.

Yoona read the message sent to her first. And was shocked that today wasn't her free day but Hyeyoung was asking her to never let Jessica go to Secretly Something.

"I knew you were into some mischief." Yoona said as she put her cellphone back to her pocket and wore her helmet to follow Jessica. Eventhough Jessica sped fast, Yoona was sure that she will just go into the place she isn't allowed to.

 

Yoona and Jessica are now travelling but at at a different speed. Yoona was faster than Jessica so Yoona caught up to her a little.

"You liar. No work huh?"

Jessica saw Yoona was catching up to her so she turn left-right-left-right. 

Yoona lost the sight of Jessica's car. 

"Hmm? Using that way huh? I know you'll end up in one place tho."

 

 

"Uhm? Excume me but you aren't allowed to come inside."

"No. I am looking for Jessica. I was with her last time if you still can remember me."

"Jessica? Ms. Jessica didn't come today."

"I know she's there. Im not paparazzi or some sort of tresspasser."

"I know Ma'am. But, She really isn't here. I already know you. I recognize faces easily."

"Really? She really isn't there?"

"Hmm. She won't come here because its 19 today."

"What's with 19?"

"Miss Jessica and Miss Sunny never come here every 19th of the month."

"Can i know why?"

"Tho it is vivid but there was never a time  of the  month that they would come here at 19."

"Oww. Okay, Thank you ahjussi" Yoona left confused. Where is her brat-naughty boss?

 

"Argh. Where are you? I can't even call Hyeyoung unnie cause i know she'll be mad at me for not doing my job well. Ugh. Annoying brat!" Yoona rant to no one.

Yoona was now driving back to Seoul for she don't know where to go anymore.

 

But her stomach suddenly grumbled.

"Oh yeah~ I still haven't had any breakfast. Better look for some stores to buy some food first."

So Yoona was driving aimlessly looking for some place to fill her hungry stomach when she spotted something she was glad to see at the moment.

Restaurant?

Cafe?

Hotel?

Grocery?

No.

It was Jessica's car parked outside some sort of a rather shabby place. Yoona went to Jessica's car and parked beside it.

"What is she doing here? And Why is she here? Is this a restaurant? Did she get hungry too?" Yoona asked no one as she remove her helmet.

She knocked at the gate.

"Hello? How may i help you?" A nun appeared near the gate.

"Uhmm Good Morning, This is a .. ??" Yoona asked as she bow to the nun.

"Are you a paparazzi or some sort of media?" 

"No, I was just passing by, Is this perhaps a cafe? Or restaurant?"

"No. This is an orphanage." What is she doing in an orphanage?

"Orphanage? Really?"

"Hmm."

"But that is Jessica's car right? What is she doing here?"

"What is your relationship with her?"

"I'm her bodyguard. I was supposed to be at her side but she left me behind."

"I'll let you in but don't tell her i did. Okay?"

"Oh-Okay." The nun opened the gate and let Yoona in.

"Where .. is she?"

"Follow me." The nun lead Yoong to the 2nd floor of the building.

"Sit there first. I'll grab you something to eat." Yoona settled herself into the chair and waited for the nun to return who got back fastly.

"Here. Eat now, I've been hearing your stomach growling." The nun returned with cupcakes and tea.

"Where .. is she?"

"Eat first. I'll show you where she is after."

"Oh, Thank you .."

"Sister Mae. Just call me Sister Mae." Yoona stood as she bow to the nun and show her hand to shake.

"Yoona. Im Yoona. Jessica's bodyguard." The nun takes Yoona's hand for a handshake and beckon Yoona to continue eating as she also sat to take a sip of the tea.

"You know .. I know that you are  not a paparazzi by the way you talk and you don't look like one. I can also see the sincerity in your eyes."

"You don't let any paparazzi's in?"

"Its not that we don't but when Jessica is here, we are cautious about them."

"Why is that so?"

"Jessica, doesn't like to tell the press what she's doing in here."

"Tell what?"

"I think they are now done eating and you too, Look for yourself then. Follow me." Sister Mae then lead Yoona to the balcony of the floor where they can see the field and the garden.

"Wait, You said "they" she ate here too?"

"Hmm. With the children downstairs."

Jessica is now with the children just having some talks with them..

"Really?"

"Yes. She is already close to all the people here. And, I am not suprised that you don't know."

"Ah, That's because im just her new bodyguard. I was hired just days ago. So yeah i don't know much."

"That's not it tho. Even her manager don't know about this place. I mean like, no one really does. Well, now. Except you." Im the only one?

"Her manager don't know the she comes here?"

"Yeah. She always came here without no one else knowing about it. This place is a shabby one so it is not really noticeable by many."

"Wait, Is she going home already?" Yoona asked as she saw Jessica stood from where she was sitting and walked away.

"I don't think so. Because if she will, She wouldn't let the kids wait at the garden for her."

 

After 10 minutes of waiting, Jessica really came back with paper bags in her hand filled with toys.

"So that's why she bought guns and barbies, Its for the kids." Yoona mumbled but sister mae heard it.

"I always told her not to buy too much toys for the kids and food for us. She's already giving us money yet she's still buying groceries for us." So i was getting the wrong impression of her all this time huh?

"......" Yoona watch as Jessica gave the toys one by one.

Sister mae beckon Yoona to sit where they were sitting awhile ago.

"Jessica here, Is something different from you saw and hear from tv. In here, she do whatever she wants to. She even confines with me at things bothering her. There, can you see that kid sitting with a pink headband?" Yoona looked to where Sister Mae pointed out. "She and Jessica often talks heart to heart inside the library privately most of the time."

"How often she will come here?"

"She come here every month. Depending on her schedule. If she's not busy, She will come here 4 times, that's one day every week of the month. If not so, twice a month. If she's too busy, just once a month."

"She came her very often and yet no one knows about it?"

"Yes. Jessica, Isn't the kind of girl to brag what she does. So maybe that's the reason why she isn't telling anybody about this."

"You sounded like you know Jessica very well ..."

"How can we not when she basically make this as her home?"

"She sleeps in here too?"

"Sometimes. When she had no schedule the other day."

"Ohh."

"Hmm. Do you still want to stay here? I've got to fix the lunch later for them."

"Can i still stay in here?"

"Sure. You can also roam around. But please, don't let Jessica see you."

"Thanks but i'll just watch her from above here. I'll go home the same time she'll do."

"That would be late noon already. You'll get bored there. You sure you'll just stay there?"

"I'll be fine. Thank you very much."

"No problem. Go down when you need anything okay? I'll be at the kitchen downstairs."

"Ne~" Yoona answered and bowed to Sister Mae.

 

Yoona stood at the balcony to look at what Jessica and the kids are doing but she was shocked that no one in the field or in the garden.

"Where are they? Are they eating already? Its only 11:30 ..." Yoona stopped her thoughts as she heard Jessica's voice.

"Whoever wins against me and wendy will get an reward. Deal?"

"Ne!!" The kids replied

"Wait wait! No fair."

"Why? What's the problem?"

"Jessica noona and Wendy noona at the same team?"

"Hmm. Both of us versus all of you." It was like 10 kids around.

"No fair."

"Why?"

"Jessica noona is so great to this game. While wendy noona, eventhough she is blind, she is expert too."

"Oh come on. We're both girls. And look how many you are."

"Okay noona."

"Unnie .." Wendy called as she grasp Jessica's hand. Jessica kneeled down to be at wendy's ear level.

"I - i i don't want to play."

"Why?"

"I may cause you to lose."

"Why are you thinking that way?"

"I can't see .."

"Oh come on. You are great in soccer. You heard shin say that too awhile ago."

"But still i .."

"Don't worry and just enjoy the game. Just have fun." Jessica said as she ruffle wendy's hair.

First she visit here without no one knowing, now, even playing sports? People sure do have the wrong impression of her. Even i was one of those people ... Can't believe i am seeing another side of her right now ... She's not so bad afterall huh? In here, She's not the brat i used to know.

Yoona watched as the game begins.

"Wendy, To the left." Wendy passed the ball to Jessica to the said direction.

"Pass. Right."

"Back."

"Goal! Assa! Wendy is so great~"

"I did? I made a goal?"

"Hmm. High five." Jessica and Wendy did a high-five.

 

The game came is coming to end with Jessica and Wendy's team with 1 - 2 Boys team.

"Left."

"Right."

"Front right." Goal! Wow. She's good in this game. But why at TV she acts as if she doesn't do much? She should change from modelling to acting then.

"Woo~ We scored. The score is tied now."

"Assa~ you're still great at playing unnie."

"You too. You've improved your kick. Keep practicing more and you'll get better and better."

"So, noona, do we get the reward? who won?" Shin asked as they all form a circle and  indian sit.

"Did you have fun?"

"Of course. You're fun to play with."

"Ne~" came a response from the other kids.

"If you have fun, then that's it. Winning or losing doesn't really matter as long as you have fun."

"Ohh."

"Don't worry. After lunch, We will have an Ice Cream~~ Who likes to eat ice cream?"

"Me!" Shin raised his hand

"Me!"

"Me!" And the rest of the boys did raise their hands.

"Okay okay. I will buy later okay? For now, Let's all take a bath. We all stink."

"Noona, You don't even stink. You still smell nice."

"Aren't you too young to be saying cheesy stuffs?"

"Hehe. It was just an honest statement noona."

"Okay okay. Lets go go go." Yoona saw them walking out of the field so she decided to just sit back and play with her phone.

 

"1 new message." Yoona read what is written on her phone screen. How focused was she to the game the she didn't even notice that received an text message?

From : Hyeyoung Unnie

         "Did Jessica went to secretly something?"

To : Hyeyoung Unnie

         "No she didn't."

From : Hyeyoung Unnie

         "Are you with her right now? I mean, Are you together?"

To : Hyeyoung Unnie

         "Yes. Why?"

From : Hyeyoung Unnie

         "Doesn't sound like it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter