Chapter 14

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Apparently, Yoongie is hired by me and not the company” Jessica snapped when she heard about what Mr. Kwon wanted to say to her “Fine then. Wild Romance would be my last activity here in BigHit”
 
“Look, I don’t really plan to do this … but the investor, our investors were furious”
 
“You don’t need to explain. I understand. Thanks for everything” She stood up and bowed.
 
After that meeting, Jessica went to the orphanage to talk to sister mae.
 
 
“My contract wouldn’t be renewed” She informed sullenly
 
“You’d be fine” Smiled sister mae and rubbing Jessica’s arm for console “We’d find a better company, okay? Someone who is nicer than that Mr. fakey Kwon”
 
“I can’t believe that all this while … he’s being nice to me because he wants to oust me in the company …”
 
“It’d be fine. You’d be fine. I’ll prepare your favorite, okay?”
 
“This ” She lied down on the bed, still giving deep sigh. BigHit is her first-ever company, and she didn’t expect that Mr. Kwon wouldn’t want to renew her contract because of an investor’s rage.
 
--
 
“Yoong, can you fetch me here?” She called Yoona in a rush
 
“What’s wrong?” Asked her with concern. Why her voice does sounds not like the usual?
 
“I’ll message you the address … Please fetch me here as soon as possible”
 
“Copy that” She didn’t waste time asking and just rode the scooter.  The orphanage??
 
Jessica was busying herself with playing a game as she waits for Yoona to come. The kids were sleeping while the Sister’s was getting ready to do so. She didn’t want them to worry so she gave Yoona a call instead.
 
She can notice that there’s a guy walking back and forth in front of the orphanage and a car; that was following her for a few days now, parked on the next street.
 
“Yoong!” She called and didn’t even hesitate to ride the scooter “Do you have a lot of gas?”
 
“Yes, why?”
 
“Drive me out of here. Let’s travel. Let’s not go home. Someone’s following me” She whispered and encircling her hand on Yoona’s waist
 
“Wear this first” Nodded Yoona and outreaching the spare helmet
 
 
Well this guy’s a tough one.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“Just keep on going”
 
But instead of going in circles to avoid the car, Yoona headed for Busan.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“Where are we?”
 
“Gyeongsangnam. We’re heading for Busan, but we’re low on gas already.”
 
“And him?”
 
“Don’t worry; we’re in the best hotel that this province has.” Smiled Yoona
 
“Thanks for coming to fetch me, and I’m sorry for the trouble”
 
“Don’t mention it” She then lead Jessica to the lobby
 
 
“Who is that guy anyway? Sasaeng?” Yoona asked after they have settled to a room
 
“Err, no. I think that guy is a hired worker of that FNC whatever.” Answered Jessica. They keep on pestering me since the first time we met!
 
“And why would he chase after you?”
 
“His mate told me that the boss wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter