Chapter 8

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yong, Do you have time?" Jessica asked after the said guy answered her call "No. Scratch that. Make time for me. Let's meet at x coffee shop at 7. I'll wait for you"

"Why?"

"I need to talk to you about something urgent. This can't wait"

"Okay then"

She dropped the call and changed her clothes. She headed for the company to talk to the CEO first before going to the coffee shop she said awhile ago.

 

"Hi" Yonghwa greeted and standing up to give her a kiss but she rejected and sat

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush. Let's make this short and clear"

"What is?"

"Let's break up"

"Why???!!"

"Why?" She scoffed "You're cheating on me and you're asking me why? Do you think I don't know? I even saw you last night"

"Last night?"

"You were with a girl holding hands while heading to your unit"

"That's my cousin!"

"So they must be your cousin too? Wow. You must've had a lot of cousins when your mom is the only child and your dad only has 2 sisters" Jessica took something from her bag and scattered it at their table. It was photos of Yonghwa and different girl at different time

"You know that those pictures were taken before us. You changed me, I don't do that anymore"

"Oh really? How about this?" She pulled out the 'last' card which is a picture of him and Seohyun "I believe that it's the same girl I saw you with last night"

"We just met for some drinks. She live nearby"

"Don't give me a crap. Seohyun lives in Noryangjindong while you live in Jangsadong. Do you have your own map at your own country for them to be 'nearby'?"

"Babe ..."

"Maybe if i'm like your girls you playtime. Maybe." She added before standing and turning to leave but Yonghwa held her wrist tightly

"You're not going anywhere. No one ever dares to break-up with me"

"I just did. Let go" She answered looking back but only to contort in pain because he held tighter

"When a girl said it's over, it's over. When she said to let go, you let go. Don't do otherwise" Yoona held Yonghwa's wrist "Do you want to make a scene here?"

"Just who are you?"

"I'll let you know that. But first, let her go" She also gripped tighter that causes Yonghwa to let go of Jessica "That's more I like it."

"WHO ARE YOU??!!" Yonghwa gritted his teeth and giving a fierce glare to Yoona

"I'm her bodyguard. So when you do anything to hurt her, you'll face me instead. What a jerk. Hurting a girl"

"What?" He was going to hit Yoona but the latter is quick enough to grab it and kick his groin while going behind so Yonghwa wouldn't be able to do anything

"Like I told you, It's not very nice to hit a girl"

"Leave him. Let's go" Yoona let go of her hold. She's sure that Yonghwa wouldn't be able to follow them since that kick must've hurted a lot

"Are you okay? Were you hurt anywhere?" She asked when they reached the parking. Instead of an answer, she got hugged instead.

"Thank you for helping me back there"

"What if I hadn't followed you? You could've been hurt" She pats Jessica's back "I didn't know he's a jerk like that. Don't worry, I wouldn't leave you alone today in case he'll follow you home"

"Thank you ... But you don't need to do that. Also, we won't be meeting for the next week." She smiled pulling away "You can go home now. I'll be safe"

"You hurted your wrist ..." Yoona pointed to Jessica's wrist that got held by Yonghwa. It's reddish and a little swollen "Let's do something about that before we separate ways"

So Yoona took Jessica to the hospital. Good thing that it isn't that bad and would only need to be casted for the next few days so she won't hurt her wrist further.

"I have to go now"

"You sure?"

"Hmm"

 

--

"Good morning! Are you up yet? But anyway, I sent you this message in case that brat didn't tell you. You don't need to go to work this day or the next few days. Hope you have a good day :)" Is the first message I saw when I woke up from my deep slumber. Yep, It was past my call time.

"Why? Where is she?"

"She went overseas. I don't know the reason why she did it so rashly. But she talked to the CEO about it already. We'll just call you once she's back again" Came another reply from Hyeyoung unnie. I wonder why she have to  go overseas though. Is she that scared? Isn't she confident with me?

"Please do. Thank you unnie :) Hope you have a good day too"

"Yoongie, it's been a while and I'm wondering how you're doing. You haven't contacted me since the last time you dropped by. Can we talk after your work?"

"I'll head there after having breakfast. See you in a bit"

*sigh*

I just couldn't avoid her, right?

But,

Is it the right time to do so?

 

Just like I've said, I went to her office after having my breakfast.

"You don't have work?"

"Hmm"

"Do you have a problem?"

"Uhm, no ..."

"The thing you were going to say last time ... What is it?" Should i tell? Should i confess? What should i dooooooo

"Uhm ...I was just going to ask you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter