Chapter 23

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You said you're sick. Yet, here you are" Yoona pants after catching up with Jessica who is now more knowledgeable riding a bike "are you just kidding with me?"

 

 

"Hmm, I don't know~" she playfully sang leaving Yoona as she sped away

 

 

"Miss-- Je- Boss!" Yoona wanted to shout her name but decided not to ruin this place when she disclosed that they play here. It's more work for her at the end of the day.

 

 

"Here" Jessica returned with two bottles of water and some snacks. "Relax, okay. You're more worked up at my rest day than at work. Definitely, more strict than Hyeyoung unnie"

 

 

"I wanted to ask this for a long time now" Yoona chugs the water as if her life depends on it. She even poured some on her forehead after craning her neck backwards "Why did you hire me - a bodyguard?"

 

 

"Hmm, force of habit" Jessica answers her casually

 

 

"For real"

 

 

"It's real at some point ..." explains Jessica, tapping her chin as she gives it a good thinking "at first, it felt awkward. Until, I was almost taken away. I was hit by a security guard. I am mobbed at events or places"

 

 

"Why not request security from Bighit? Why do you hire personally?"

 

 

"I don't want to demand from the company. If I do, it means others would have one too. Managers is already handful at some point, bodyguards would just be an additional"

 

 

"About your sickness ... Are you okay? Now?"

 

 

"Yes, I am"

 

 

"Does your sis know it?"

 

 

"Of course!" Giggles Jessica "We only have ourselves, what's the point of hiding?"

 

 

"So they don't worry?" asked Yoona with puzzled look on her face. Jessica isn't as complex as she thought and perhaps be the most simpleton person she will ever know.

 

 

"And when it gets worse and she finds it out later on doesn't worry her?"

 

 

"Point taken" nodded her

 

 

 

--

 

 

"Unnie, let's go out" Krystal beamed after seeing Jessica who entered their home

 

 

"Why are you home early?" Side eyes Jessica

 

 

"I rushed my way back home so that I will make it back just in time before you can cook~"

 

 

"And why is that so?"

 

 

"First paycheck!" Krystal fished out an envelope from her bag "I am giving this to unnie, and also treating you for dinner"

 

 

"Silly!" She slapped Krystal's arm dearly "You don't have to give it to me. Just save it up, so you can buy the things that you want"

 

 

"I heard it's a fruitful work for me if I share my 1st salary to you, my family. Besides, I insist. This is just the start"

 

 

"You do know that I am not charging you, or is asking you for payment, right?"

 

 

"I know." Nodded her "That's why I am putting you in charge of my money"

 

 

"Okay then," Jessica took the envelope from Krystal and pulling her arm away so she can be free from Krystal's hold "let me change first. If you're this excited, it must be somewhere fancy"

 

 

Yoona, Jessica, Mrs Choi, and Krystal headed out to eat.

 

 

"Wow, this is one of our target places" Jessica awes at the place Krystal asked Yoona to go. It was the restaurant famous for their sea foods – something jungsis really loves.

 

 

"I told you that I will take you here if I come back" boasted Krystal "stand there unnie, I'll take some pictures for you"

 

 

Jessica posed for some before pulling Krystal with her and asking Yoona to take it for them.

 

 

"Hmm, fancy food" Jessica nodded with delight after they have finished the food and only waiting for the bill to arrive

 

 

"I like it too"

 

 

"The French toast is ... Not quite" she shyly admitted "the bakery we used to buy it from is much better"

 

 

"Good old days" Krystal smiled, pausing a while as she reminisce the past "Remember when you used to eat French toast most of the time because I wanted the more expensive bread? You say it's your favourite but we just don't have money"

 

 

"French toast is yummy!" Retorted her, as usual, wiping off the food stains on the corner of Krystal's lips

 

 

"Sometimes you look at other bread but never bought it. I am kind of handful to you, I know"

 

 

"No, you're not. Don't ever feel that way" she assured. "If I were to be born again, I wouldn't re-do anything. Taking care of you, feeding you, and everything. You're precious to unnie, Soojung"

 

 

"I love you" Krystal went to Jessica's side and gave a hug

 

 

"You'll get used to it" Mrs Choi spoke for Yoona who craned her neck to the jungsis table "They're always inseparable, and they always speak affectionate towards each other"

 

 

"I can conclude that too" she nodded

 

 

"Let's take a selfie" Jessica initiated already raising her right hand with her phone while holding the wine glass on her left

 

 

"Do you want me to take it for you?" The server offered, setting aside the bill he brought

 

 

"Thank you" Jessica gave her phone to the server and then hugs Krystal closer to her for the first shot and then giving a kiss on the cheek for the second one.

 

 

"Do you usually eat at places like this?" Yoona asked Mrs Choi to take off the curiosity in her. Jessica is a well know spoiled brat princess. This place must be one of the places Jessica goes oftentimes

 

 

"Just occasionally. And yes, they will always take you with them when they eat out or drink."

 

 

"Occasionally?"

 

 

"Hmm, like for events or celebration. Believe it or not, Jessica controls the flow of money very well. I can still remember the first time that we had steak, it was an invitation from a brand that she promotes. She looked at the menu of that venue and told me why we never had it before and why steak is only for certain occasion"

 

 

"Are you two done eating?" Krystal turned to them "did you like the food?"

 

 

"Yes. It's very delicious. I like the pasta and the ... “Mrs Choi points to the now empty plate in front of them "the orange one in here"

 

 

"Salmon? We liked that too!" Krystal nodded with a smile "let's have dessert outside"

 

 

"Thank you dduddungie" Jessica takes one last glance of their table before standing up and rubbing her tummy

 

 

"Let's have red bean fish!"

 

 

Mrs Choi and Jessica giggled causing Krystal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter