Chapter 8

Is it...... love??

Mrs. Choi snaps out of her daydreaming. She still has the trash she wants to throw in her hand while standing at the front door. She smiles herself to her carelessness. She should at least throw the trash first and then daydream about her sons. ‘How silly of me,’ she thought to herself.

                She steps outside the house wearing windbreaker. Tonight is kind of cold. As if it would rain at any moment. She quickly opens the gate and went to get the trash can when she saw a body lying limp in front of her. She is surprised. At first, she thought it is a drunken person. But when she sees that it is a girl with a pale face, she feels sorry for her. She is suspicious, but her maternal instinct tells her to bring the girl inside the house. With all her strength, she manages to bring the girl in the house and puts her in an empty bedroom beside her second son, Minho’s bedroom. ‘Well, all that hard work in the gym finally paid off,’ she thought, surprised at her own ability to carry this girl to the second floor by herself. ‘Or maybe she’s just too light,’ she thought again.

              She wets a small towel and wipes the girl’s face. The girl doesn’t look like a bad person. She has a pure face. She doesn’t look like a Korean girl though. ‘Maybe she is a lost tourist,’ thought Mrs. Choi. The girl suddenly started to regain consciousness. Her forehead is creasing as if she is in pain. opens and she groans. Her tears started to fall down her cheeks.

               “It hurts,” she said, sobbing. She still doesn’t open her eyes. She clutches her stomach, hoping it would help reduce the pain. It only gets worst. “It hurts,” she repeats the word again. Mrs. Choi starts to be panic. Her former nurse working can now be put to good use.

                “Do you have gastric?” she asks in English fluently. 12 years in US makes her tongue fluent enough to talk freely without awkwardness. She sees the girl nods. She quickly prepares a bowl of porridge and takes a bottle of painkillers back in the room. She makes the girl sit and eat the porridge while she watches her doing so.

                 “What’s your name?” Mrs. Choi asks the girl after a while. She is just trying to make some conversation with her. She is sure that the girl is still in pain. But she needs to know her first.

                 “Huh?” said Anna, startled. “Oh, my name is Anna. Anna Melissa Smith. I’m a student in the Universityof Seoul,” she answered the woman’s question with far too much information. ‘But the woman doesn’t look bad,’ she thought. “Can I ask you something? Who are you? And where am I?” Anna asks the woman back. She had already forgotten about the incident that brought her there in the first place.

                “I am the owner of this house. Just call me Mrs. Choi. And you are in Incheon. What brought you here from Seoul? That’s quite far from here you know? I found you unconscious in front of my house. You should have put something in your stomach before coming here.” She answered. “Here, take some painkillers. You must be confused. You can stay here for the night and then think about this thing tomorrow. Okay?” and she puts two tablets on a small plate and a glass of water on the side table.

                  Anna just stares at it. ‘Should I? Or should I not?’ she argues with herself. Mrs. Choi gives her a warm smile.

             ................................................................................................................................................................................

I know it's not enough to cover such a short chapter I posted before, and I'm sorry, really. I don't really know much about the people who have gastrics......but I hope that I somehow turned to be correct...kekeke....please comment and subscribe!!