Chapter 19

Is it...... love??

Meanwhile, Anna is restless in her bed the next door. She couldn’t stop thinking about him either. Never in his 20 (according to Korean age it is) years of life had she been like this before. ‘Okay, Anna, you need to calm down and sleep now. You’ve got a full day ahead of you tomorrow. You can’t be exhausted when the lecture is on. You might miss something important. And every detail is important if you want to pass the exam,’ she thought.

                   Anna still tosses and turns in her comfy bed. She is still thinking about the man who’s probably asleep next door. ‘Why does he need to stare at me like that? It’s not like I did something wrong. Okay, agreeing to stay in this house might be a little strange. But he still doesn’t need to stare. It’s rude,’ she thought, laying on her stomach and putting her head on her crossed arms on the bed.

                  ‘Come to think of it, why am I thinking about him? I don’t usually think about anyone that talks bad about me let alone somebody who just stares! But then, this is my housemate (so to speak) I am talking about. I mean, I’m going to live with him for five years to come. And this year isn’t even going to end soon. It’s not even June yet. Speaking about months, mom is going to freak out if I don’t call her soon. What time is it now?

                   She frantically searches anything that can tell her the time. Her eyes stop on the side table where an alarm clock stood. ‘Ahah! Found it!’ she exclaims in her head. She craws toward the side table, intending to grab the clock but she somehow manages to trip along the way and ended up on the floor with a loud thud and her head banging the side table making the clock fall and hit her wrist. She groans in pain. The clock is much heavier than she thought it would. ‘Way to go Anna. That’ll probably give you a visible bruise unless you intend on wearing very long sleeves or gloves to class which is impossible since you have neither of them,’ she thought dully.

 

 

                  All the noise from Anna’s room immediately wakes Minhoup. He is a very light sleeper. So, even the slightest noise would wake him up. He didn’t really thought about it at first. Then, he heard a faint groan from Anna’s room. Her voice makes his heart jump in concern. Curiosity got the best of him. He quietly leaves his room and stands in front of Anna’s.

                He hesitated for a while since it’s a girl’s room he is entering. ‘She might need my help,’ he thought to comfort himself. He opens the door to find Anna on the floor trying to get up. Anna heard the door knob twisted and she looks up to see Minho standing there looking at her as if she’ an alien. She looks at him with her eyes widen.

               ‘Why is he here? She thought frantically. She blushed out of embarrassment and swiftly covers her bruising wrist so Minhowouldn’t notice. What she didn’t notice is that, Minhosaw her flinch when her palm made contact with her wrist. ‘Ah, she hurts her wrist,’ he thought.

               “What’s wrong with your left wrist?” he asks. Anna is startled. She looks at Minho with her eyes full of questions.

                 “N-n-nothing’s wrong with my left wrist. Why are you here?” she said stuttering a bit. Minhosmirked. He walks towards Anna, grabs her left hand and examines it.

               “It’s so obvious you are trying to cover this bruise up,” he sad showing her now purplish bruise. He pulls her out of the bedroom towards the kitchen.

                “Where are you taking me? Ow!” she said when his hand accidentally made contact touches her bruise. “Sorry,” he murmured. Instead of holding her upper wrist, he holds her warm hand. Anna keeps shut after that. If her earlier blush was subtle enough, this time, people will really notice if they see her now.

                 They arrived at the kitchen and Minho sat her down on a chair before searching for an aid kit that he kept somewhere in case he is minorly injured, which happens quite a lot as he loves sports. Anna just watches him as he quietly searches from one cupboard to another.

                  Minho himself isn’t so sure where he puts the aid kit after the last time using it. He notices that Anna’s face become red when held her hand just now. His smirk grew wider when he turned his body around to look for the aid kit in the cupboard. Finally, after what felt like hours to Anna, he found it.

                  He sits in front of Anna and takes her left wrist. “Sorry for the long wait,” he said in his usual monotonous voice. Anna notices that the man who sis treating her injury right now is not very friendly. He is the opposite of his cheerful and out going mom. She flinches a little when he wraps the bandage a little too tight around her wrist. “Sorry, he murmured, not taking his eyes of his work on Anna wrist. Anna continues to stare at his seemingly perfect features. From his dark, wavy hair, his focused, warm, and brown doe eyes, his nose, his pink lips…

              Anna quickly snapped out of it when Minho’s eyes suddenly meet hers. They stare at each other for an immeasurable moment, lost in each others eyes. Anna looks away the same time Minho did, both blushing from what they did earlier.