An afternoon in Heaven

Is it...... love??

                    The lunch turns out fine. Nothing awkward happens until Mrs. Choi’s question about Anna’s lunch break time was answered by Minho. Mrs. Choi just smiles mysteriously and Minho, not used to being a bit embarrassed by his mom decides to talk a walk in his back yard.

                  Mrs. Choi’s face brightened; glad she hadn’t taken Anna there yet.

                “Minho-ah, since I haven’t had the time to take Anna there yet, why don’t you show her around? There’s much more time before her lunch break is over,” she suggests Minho. Her words certainly shock them both because they choke on whatever they have in their mouth at the time. Mrs. Choi tries hard to suppress her chuckle.

                As much as they don’t think it’ll be comfortable with all the things that happened between them, they have to agree to her. It’s not like they have any other choice. Mrs. Choi can be really tenacious at times.

               So Minho stands up when he sees Anna had already finished with her food and gestures her to follow him out. She follows him silently, not sure whether she should say anything or not.

              “Minho-ssh, Oppa, how big is your backyard?” she finally said, almost messing up with the formality stuff again. ‘Seriously, what in the world is wrong in this family? They just have to give nicknames to themselves and torture people like me who have trouble remembering even someone’s name!’ she thought to herself.

                Minho chuckles at her almost failed attempt to call him Oppa. She’s not comfortable with it and he knows it. And he had to give her credit for trying though, she’s just too cute.

               “My house is not that big, but I do have a spacious backyard,” he said honestly. He leads them to what he said ‘his spacious backyard’ and Anna’s mouth fell open. The backyard is almost like a small forest with a beautiful garden and a pond in the middle. ‘Wait a minute, is that a pond or a swimming pool?’ she thought.

                 “Um, Minho Oppa, is that a pond or a swimming pool?” she asks him in a daze. Minho looks at her and smiles at her expression.

                 “It’s a swimming pool, Anna. I swim in there when I don’t feel like exercising outside,” he answers her question simply. “You too can swim in there if you want to. I always come here when I have too much things in my mind. That’s why I build this garden in the first place. It’s a place for me to relax,” he said, taking a deep breath and letting in out. Anna is still in a daze though.

                To Anna, the place is almost like heaven. She could picture Minho, sitting on the bench near the pool, doing nothing but staring out into the space. There, a complete heaven with an angel. ‘Wait, what? What is Minho doing inside my thoughts?’ she snapped back to reality. Minho is sitting on the bench just like she imagined it. But he isn’t staring out into the space; instead, he stares at Anna.

               “You know, you’ve been standing there looking at me for the past three minutes, you made me feel self-conscious. Is there something wrong in my appearance somewhere?” he asks her.

              “N-no, there’s nothing wrong. I was just thinking about something just now,” she said, stuttering a bit. ‘Aigoo, embarrassing!’ she thought, turning her body so she’s backing Minho.

             “Anna,” he calls her. She turns around quirking her eyebrow.

             “Why won’t you sit down next to me? Am I that ugly that you have to stand three feet away from me?” he asks playfully. Minho is confused with himself. Why is it that he feels that he’s not himself when she’s around?

                Anna gives up and sits down next to him. Together they sit there for a while, appreciating the nature that emerges in the middle of a busy city thanks to good planning and building.  She suddenly feels tired. She puts her hand on to muffle the yawn that’s escaping, hoping that Minho won’t notice it.

                She decides to lean back and rest her eyes for a while. Minho is still staring at the waterfall when Anna’s head falls on his shoulder. He reflexively turns his head and his lips brush against her hair. He gasped in shock but he then hears her steady breath, indicating that she’s asleep.  He adjusts their position so that Anna’s head would rest on his lap.

               He runs his fingers through her hair, taking off her hair band and letting her hair fall down. Then, he thinks of something a bit naughty. He takes out his phone and takes a picture of Anna sleeping peacefully on his lap. He smiles as he set the picture as the background of his phone. He makes a mental note to not let anybody touch his phone.

                He thought about the expression of the people if they ever found out about it. They are shocked maybe, probably because he never changed the background of his phone since 2 years ago, when he last set it. He looks at the sleeping Anna.

               “You wouldn’t play with my phone would you?” he asks her. Then he chuckles to himself for talking to a sleeping person like someone crazy. He exhales his breath. He’ll think about the phone later, not now. Not now, when he has a sleeping angel on his lap and scenery like in heaven. At the point, he feels like his life is completed. He doesn’t know what this feeling is, but he wants it to stay.

                 ..........................................................................................................................................................

There, I'm on a roll today. Don't know what's wrong. I'll intoduce antother character and no, he wouldn't be Minho's rival. Just stick tot he story to find out. And don't worry there's more to come. Ain't this couple sweet and innocent?