Eighth beat!

Exo Beats

 

 

 

 

**

 

“Yah, Minseok-ah. What’s wrong?” Luhan followed Xiumin after he left. No one’s in school now since all the students went to their dorms already.

 

 

Xiumin didn’t talk.

 

 

“Minseok-ah?” Luhan questioned again, hoping for an answer this time. Xiumin just continued walking until they reached the soccer field. Luhan just followed Xiumin as they sat down on the grass, and that’s when Xiumin finally said something.

 

“Nothing’s wrong, Luhan.”

 

“Do you dislike Chen that much?” Xiumin’s eyes widened at the sudden statement. So straightforward.

 

“That’s not it.” Xiumin sighed as he looked at the view of the soccer field. “I’m thinking about something else.” Luhan was about to open his mouth to ask what is it, but chose not to. Xiumin mentally thanked Luhan for his consideration, but his heart is somehow uneasy. He’s been keeping his feelings to himself all this time. He guessed that maybe it’s about time when he said something about his life.

 

“I was a soccer player when I was alive,” Xiumin started. Luhan looked at him in surprise, and he decided to listen. Xiumin laughed weakly before continuing. “I...my team...we played for the nationals back then.”

 

 

“We’re one goal behind,” the coach said. “There’s barely 15 seconds left. Once the ball is passed to you,” he pointed at me. “Go for it, okay? We’re counting on you, Minseok.”

 

 

“We’re about to win, I felt it. They trusted me with the game, Luhan. But...”

 

 

“Minseok!” The ball was passed to me. I made my way near the goal. I defended the ball as much as I can, but I felt my brain tumor attack, so the ball was stolen and the opponent made the goal instead.

 

 

We didn’t win.

 

 

“Do you know how important this game was for our team?!”

 

 

“The coach scolded me. He didn’t know I had brain tumor that time. They all didn’t.”

 

 

“This kid, seriously. Letting himself be confident when he doesn’t know how to play at all.”

 

“After all the years for hard work...we gained nothing.”

 

 

“My seniors. They all blamed me. So I blamed myself as well.” Xiumin closed his eyes to stop his tears. People may laugh at him because he’s crying because of sports, but Xiumin didn’t care. It was his everything.

 

“Chen...that kid. His voice made me feel nostalgic. Somehow, his voice makes you feel different. As for me, it made me think about my past. That’s why...that’s why... Xiumin’s voice cracked. Luhan continued for him as he patted Xiumin’s back and gave him comfort.

 

“That’s why you didn’t want to listen to him.” Because Chen’s voice made him remember everything. Xiumin silently nodded.

 

 

And they didn’t know that someone was listening to them as well.

 

 

**

 

 

The day of the ball games came. Xiumin and Luhan decided to just make a team out of the members of EXO. Although the required number of players for soccer is 11 (and they’re just 9; Suho was excluded because he’s the one who’ll give the punishment if they lost), they somehow managed to join the games. And, Xiumin didn’t want Chen to join them at first, but because of Luhan’s persuasion, he said yes.

 

 

The members’ style of playing wasn’t much. It seemed like they were just enjoying themselves. Because they kept their ground low, some teams against them had the guts to cheat, but they saw through them and managed to win consecutive games.

 

 

Luhan kept watch of Xiumin all the time. Xiumin’s a great player, yes. But Luhan noticed that Chen always tries to keep the ball away from Xiumin, as if he didn’t want Xiumin to play. Luhan didn’t know why, but it seemed like Chen knew something that he wasn’t supposed to know.

 

 

The members managed to make their way to the top until the final match.

 

 

“So, who’re we up against in the final game?” Chen asked.

 

“Shut up,” Xiumin said, maybe because he noticed Chen’s actions while they’re playing.

 

“What? Just asking,” Chen said to annoy the elder one, which it did. Xiumin controlled himself from kicking Chen’s shin, with the help of Luhan.

 

“Let me see,” Chanyeol said as he read the scoreboard. His eyes widened when he realized the team who got the highest number of wins besides them.

 

“Who is it, Yeol?” Baekhyun approached him and got the scoreboard’s results. “Oh, the student body’s team got the highest—“Baekhyun stopped when the realization hit him.

 

 

Now they’re up against the real enemy. Cheonsa.

 

 

And, as if on cue, the student body’s team arrived at the soccer field. The members’ knees immediately weakened. But as they got closer and they got a clear view of Cheonsa, they thought about all the times they’ve attacked him, and how much they wanted to eliminate him from this world. In no time, their confidence was back.

 

 

As they played, they somehow didn’t have difficulties. All they did was to enjoy the game, without forgetting the real goal there. They wanted to defeat the enemy. It was the last 2 minutes when the scores were tied.

 

 

The ball was with D.O. With his small body and all, he was being cornered. But having a small body got its benefits too: he can move faster.

 

 

“Thinking that they can beat me? Huh,” he said as he kicked the ball towards Kai’s direction.

 

 

Kai had sharp eyes. He was alarmed when he saw that black-and-white thing going towards his way. As he caught the ball with his feet, someone tried to trip him while he was running with the ball. But Kai knew better. The opponent’s plan backfired: he was the one who tripped instead.

 

 

“Cheating doesn’t lead you anywhere,” he said to the poor guy who had his face down to the grass. He kicked the ball happily towards the giant’s direction.

 

 

Chanyeol was almost twice as his opponent’s height. Since the EXO members lack in players, two of them are surrounding Chanyeol. Chanyeol couldn’t move at first, but he kicked the ball so high that discriminated the opponent’s heights. He ran away with the ball bouncing on his head.

 

 

“Being a giant sure is helpful at times,” he said as he motioned the ball towards Baekhyun, who was completely unguarded.

 

 

Cheonsa immediately ran towards Baekhyun’s direction. Baekhyun glared at him with his amazing eyes, which somehow scared Cheonsa away.

 

 

“Thank you, eyeliner.” He smirked as he passed the ball to Tao.

 

 

Baekhyun was not the only one who had scary eyes. Tao had dark bags under his, which intimidated the one surrounding him.

 

 

“Oh God, I thank my parents for these.” Tao then passed the ball to another giant.

 

 

Kris was doing nothing at all, saying that soccer wasn’t his style. His thoughts were disturbed when the ball bumped onto his arm. It bounced back, which went to the opponent’s side. Kris quickly ran towards them, with his long legs and all. He successfully retrieved the ball back to his team.

 

 

“Losing this game isn’t my style either.” Kris smirked and kicked the ball towards another soccer fanatic.

 

 

Luhan glanced at the time and saw that there’s less than a minute left. His eyes landed on Xiumin, and he passed the ball without hesitation.

 

 

“Minseok-ah! Let’s finish this!”

 

 

Xiumin watched as the ball made its way to him. He got it under control. He glanced at the goal, and to the ball, and to the goal again. He stopped midway as everything seemed familiar. It was like that time. It was as if it’s all happening again.

 

 

Xiumin’s thoughts were disturbed when he heard the familiar whistle that called a time-out.

 

 

“Hyung, is there’s something wrong?” The members were worried as they saw how stunned Xiumin was in his earlier state, as if something stopped him from breathing.

 

“Nothing’s wrong.” Luhan’s fists clenched as he realized what his best friend was trying to do.

 

“Are you planning to get obliterated?” Lay just scarred our hearts. Please don’t do the same, Luhan thought.

 

 

Xiumin’s eyes widened, the other members’ too. They didn’t know what Luhan was talking about. Except for one.

 

 

The referee called them in for the game again. Less than a minute was left, and the scores are still tied. One goal more, and they could win the game.

 

 

The ball was with Xiumin. 10 seconds left.

 

 

9.

 

 

8.

 

 

Xiumin ran as fast as he could while handling the ball.

 

 

5.

 

 

4.

 

 

The ball wasn’t with him anymore. In a split second, Chen got the ball.

 

 

2.

 

 

1.

 

 

Chen made the goal instead.

 

 

The members cheered as they realized they won. They lifted Chen and congratulated him, totally welcoming him as if he was a part of the group for a long time. Xiumin was stunned. He was supposed to make the goal, but that bastard stopped him from doing so.

 

 

Xiumin saw how happy s were because of their victory. He smiled. It didn’t matter anymore.

 

 

Suho approached them, being the proud leader he was. Luhan mocked him, telling him that he didn’t even play, so he had no right to be proud of them. Everyone laughed instead.

 

 

**

 

 

Chen walked alone to his dorm with a contented smile on his face. He’s beginning to like the new people he met just a week ago. And not to mention, it seemed that they liked him too, especially after what happened.

 

 

“Hey.”

 

 

Chen stopped his tracks. He knew whose annoying voice was that. He turned around and faced the eldest member of EXO.

 

 

“What? I’m going home.” Chen didn’t mind if he spoke informally to someone older. Xiumin walked closer to him, making him crease his brows.

 

“Why?” Xiumin’s voice was different. “Why?”

 

Chen pretended to not know anything. “Why...what?”

 

“Why did you do it? Why didn’t you let me? Why?” Chen’s eyes widened and he looked away. Of course he knew. He knew that Xiumin will ask him about it.

 

“I’m unguarded, that’s why. Cheonsa was behind you, waiting for his opportunity to steal the ball from you. I just got first.” Xiumin’s eyes challenged him. Xiumin knew he was lying.

 

“It was me who was totally unguarded, and Cheonsa was surrounding Luhan that time.” Xiumin walked another step. “Don’t even think about fooling me.”

 

 

Chen shut his mouth, not knowing what to do. He honestly didn’t want to tell Xiumin the reason, but Xiumin didn’t want to leave without knowing the truth as well.

 

 

“So why?”

 

“I...I...” Chen sighed in defeat. “I heard your talk with Luhan hyung the other day. And I...”

 

“You what?”

 

“Honestly...I don’t want you to be gone.” Xiumin was completely dumbfounded. He didn’t expect the answer. He wasn’t even expecting anything at all.

 

 

But at the same time, Xiumin felt relieved. He knew that if he made that goal, he would’ve been obliterated by now. Xiumin glanced at Chen with his eyes sparkling.

 

 

The next thing he knew, he was already hugging the younger.

 

 

“Thank you...thank you...” Xiumin closed his eyes as he felt his tears come. It felt so good that someone prevented him from going. It felt so good that he’s still here, along with the other members.

 

 

But it didn’t feel good when he felt that Chen pushed him after a few moments.

 

 

“Yah! Why the hell are you hugging me?!” Chen shouted with all hate, while he was blushing crimson red.

 

“Yah, don’t act like you didn’t enjoy it too! You should’ve pushed me away immediately if you didn’t want it!”

 

“You—“And they chased each other with the sun setting from the sky.

 

 

But you can’t deny the smiles they had on their faces.

 

 

**

 

AHHH XIUCHEN XIUCHEN XIUCHEN <3

 

 

Sorry for the long wait! :( I'll try to update more if I'm not that busy. I'm doing my best! :) 

 

 

And how was this? Comment about anything, okay? I'd love that ^^ <3

 

 

Hello to new subscribers! Thank you for that :) Hope you enjoy so far~

 

 

So, that's about it. Thank you everyone! Saranghaeyo~