Fourteenth beat!

Exo Beats

     

 

TWO WEEKS LATER

 

“Ah really Chanyeol hyung! I ordered that for Kai but you ate up all of it!”

 

“D.O-ya, I was hungry, okay?”

 

“And do you think Kai wasn’t?” D.O’s eyes are now becoming red, a sign of him wanting to hypnotize his hyung.

 

“H-he was…Sorry. I’ll just buy another one,” Chanyeol immediately announced and left.

 

“Yah, hypnotizing Chanyeol isn’t a good thing,” Baekhyun complained.

 

“He started it.” D.O felt indifferent and just ate.

 

 

All of the members are taking a break at the cafeteria. After the incident, D.O just hypnotized all of the students who were unconscious and erased their memory of the bloody battle. But, he just hypnotized all the students who were unconscious, and there was someone who was lying on the ground but he had his eyes open: Suho.

 

 

After their break, they proceeded to their respective classrooms, but Luhan and D.O were pulled by their leader into the secret room.

 

 

“Suho hyung, what are we doing here?”

 

“Sit. Both of you,” he ordered. They immediately took action because Suho was serious about it.

 

“D.O, your hypnotizing ability is no joke. I don’t care how many years it took you to learn it, or what ways did you use to achieve it, but I would like you to use it in a helpful way.”

 

“How?” Luhan asked.

 

“I want you,” he pointed a finger to the youngest one, “to help Luhan hyung bring back his memories.”

 

 

Luhan gulped. This is it. I’m not sure if I’m ready, but if this is the only way to remember, then I’ll try.

 

 

“Okay.” D.O was hesitant at first, but immediately started.

 

“Look into my eyes, hyung. We can’t do this if you don’t focus.” Luhan was startled, but he complied.

 

Focus. Focus. Allow me to enter your mind.”

 

 

Luhan was completely lost. In a blink of an eye, his mind was filled with pictures from the past.

 

 

**

 

 

“This won’t hurt, okay?” The nurse assured the patient and attached the dextrose into her hand.

 

 

I put my basket of fruits on top of the table and sat down. I looked at my sister and immediately smiled.

 

 

“How are you, hmm? Have you been doing well?” I asked her and I patted her head.

 

“Yes, oppa. I’ve been taking the medicines, and I eat a lot of healthy foods, too. Have you brought something for me?”

 

“As always.” I smiled and pulled out a book from my bag. My sister immediately smiled as she received it.

 

“Thank you, oppa.” She smiled.

 

 

She immediately started reading it. It was always like this, anyway. I saw a stack of books beside her bed. Those were all the books I’ve been bringing to her every week. She would finish one within three days, or sometimes longer. And after reading one, she would just ask for another book to read.

 

 

“By the way, oppa,” she stopped reading for a moment, “how are you? Is school hard?”

 

 

I go to school every day and try to achieve a higher grade, maintaining my scholarship. After school, I got a part-time job for me to pay her expenses in the hospital because our parents were already dead. She was clueless about my job, but I just can’t tell her because she will worry for me, and I can’t give her more stress because she’s already sick.

 

 

“School’s fine. I’ve got nice friends, too, so I always have fun around.” I smiled as I told her.

 

“How I wish I could go to school, too,” she said sadly. I patted her head and told her it was fine.

 

“If you go to school, you’ll just get stressed because of your weak body, so you don’t have to push yourself.”

 

“You’re right.” She sighed. “What happened today at your school, oppa?”

 

 

I told her what happened today, and she was just listening to me while smiling and sometimes inserting comments on my story. She was always a good listener; a sister was all I could ever ask for.

 

 

“It’s 7:30 PM already; you should go home, oppa.” I checked my watch and saw that she’s right.

 

“I will. Take care, okay?”

 

“I will. Take care, too.” I kissed her on the forehead and left.

 

 

Every day it was like that. The days passed by within the speed of light, and before you knew it, the first snow has fallen.

 

 

“Waaah, the snow looks so nice.” We looked out the hospital window and admired the view. Indeed, the snow was nice.

 

“Have you heard of the event that is happening on Christmas Eve?” I asked her.

 

“Oh, I heard the nurses talking about it. They said that they will light up all the trees with beautiful Christmas lights for an entire month. Ahh, how I wish I could see it, though.” She felt sad after that.

 

“We will see it, so don’t be sad.”

 

“Really? Thank you, oppa!” She hugged me.

 

 

From all the thank you’s I’ve been receiving from her, I felt that this was the happiest and most sincere thank you that I’ve ever heard from her.

 

 

I sneaked her out of the hospital. I dressed her with many layers of thick clothing, because it was really cold outside, and she was sick. We went to the main street, and saw the lights flickering among all the tall trees standing. It was so beautiful.

 

“Oppa, thank you,” she suddenly said.

 

“Yah, you didn’t have to. You know that oppa will always do anything to make you happy, right?”

 

“That’s why I thanked you, because you always make me happy.” I stayed silent after that.

 

 

After that beautiful night, it was never the same.

 

 

“Oppa, I’m tired. Can I sleep now?”

 

“But it’s just 6:15 in the evening. Have you eaten anything yet?”

 

“I ate, and I took the medicines, too. Don’t worry about me. You can go home early today.”

 

 

And so I did. Every day, she was slowly becoming weak. I’ve been going home earlier and earlier and earlier. Until it was New Year’s Eve.

 

 

“Oppa, can we light some fireworks?”

 

“Only small ones, it’s bad for your health, considering you’re a patient.”

 

“Can we light them now? I’m excited.”

 

 

And so we did, we held them up with glee. Some fireworks boomed into the night sky, too.

 

 

“Oppa, I…I…” I looked at her. She let go of the stick she was holding not so long ago and fainted. I called some nurses and they examined her in the Emergency Room.

 

 

I waited. I can’t stay still. I am so worried about her health, and her condition is really critical right now.

 

 

“Luhan-ssi?” A doctor came out and I immediately stood up.

 

“I’m Luhan. How’s my sister?”

 

 

The doctor fell silent. “I’m sorry,” was all he could say.

 

 

And that’s it.

 

 

My sister died at exactly 12:00 AM, on the first day of January.

 

 

**

 

“STOP!” Luhan shouted.

 

“Hyung? What happened? Did you remember anything?” D.O asked with concern. Suho sat closer, too, to see if he was okay.

 

“I…can I go out for a while?” He asked. He didn’t wait for an answer, he immediately stormed off.

 

 

And he went to the rooftop. He opened the doorknob, and saw that someone was also there.

 

 

“Sehun?” Sehun looked at him with blank eyes.

 

 

Luhan stepped closer to him, but noticed that Sehun became pale. And all of a sudden,

 

 

Sehun fell to the ground and became unconscious.