Sixth beat!

Exo Beats

  

 

 

“I have a question,” Luhan almost whispered, but Baekhyun, being as loud as he is, answered him in a shouting voice. Not to mention they’re in a public place.

 

“WHAT IS IT HYUNG?” Chanyeol immediately put his big hand in front of Baekhyun’s small mouth to cover it.

 

“Hush down, someone might hear you.” Chanyeol smacked the back of his head, silently warning him to not act like that in public or he’ll eat his lunch alone.

 

“What the , another question,” Suho whispered. Luhan laughed at a little at their sudden reactions, slightly embarrassed of course.

 

“So now, your question?” Kris spoke, waiting impatiently because of his misbehaved co-members.

 

“Well…” Luhan looked nervously at the spot a few tables away from them, a spot where Cheonsa is quietly eating. “Why is…uh…you know, Cheonsa…his name…” Luhan was so nervous he hadn’t spoken properly, which irritated Tao, who sat directly in front of him and was listening to his hyungs speak.

 

“You mean why is Cheonsa named ‘Cheonsa’?” Tao said with his what-the-hell-is-taking-you-so-long-to-talk voice. Luhan pointed at him with his finger, nodding in complete agreement.

 

“Yes, yes, that one.” Tao rolled his eyes while snickering, which made Luhan blush crimson red.

 

Xiumin was the one who answered him. “Well, that’s because, uhm, it’s not really logical, but look,” Xiumin pointed at Cheonsa eating his ddeokbokki quietly on the table far away from them. “He’s the only one wearing the white version of our uniform. All of us wear the black one, right?”

 

 

As Xiumin mentioned, only then did Luhan notice that Cheonsa was the only one wearing white among all the other students in the school. Why…

 

“Well, an angel can be represented by the color white, right? So, yeah, that’s it. We don’t know his real name though,” Xiumin said and continued eating his hot pot. Luhan thought it sounded like he didn’t really care, on which was true. He sighed to himself.

 

 

And I thought you guys were better than this, Luhan thought.

 

 

Luhan’s head turned to the direction of Cheonsa, and he stared for a while. He was eating quietly, looking completely satisfied with the ddeokbokki as he took the last bite. He watched as the small tissue wiped Cheonsa’s fair skin, and his body frame stood up in a quick motion, which made Luhan jump a little, which made s jump a little as well.

 

 

“Are you okay, hyung?” Kai asked with worry, who sat beside him. Luhan’s eyes were only on Cheonsa, who silently made his way out of the cafeteria, ignoring the glances of other students.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Luhan picked up his spoon and continued munching. “I’m fine.”

 

 

But he might as well just continue eating.

 

 

**

 

 

That day, all the students were assembled on the school grounds for an important announcement.

 

 

Cheonsa, being the student body president, spoke up.

 

 

“Everyone, I would like to inform you that next week, we’ll have our annual ball games,” the president started. The students cheered loudly because they were all looking forward to it. Luhan was in the lineup of his class, and it’s the first time he’d seen Cheonsa interact with the students regarding the activities he prepared, and he’s quite amused that the students did like the activities. He wondered if the EXO members agreed to this…

 

 

“It’ll happen for one whole week. If you want to join, you have to build your own team. You can pick anyone, may it be from the other year level or so. It’s fine,” Cheonsa smiled as he saw the excitement spreading around. He wanted everyone to participate, and being a normal student, he looked forward to next week as well.

 

 

“That’s it everyone. For more information regarding the event, please check the bulletin board on the first floor of building A. Thank you and have a good day,” he finished. The students started to talk around, finding teammates as soon as possible. Luhan’s head turned around as well, looking for the EXO members, and he saw that they made their way out of their own lineup and proceeded to building B, the building with the secret room. He wondered if that’s okay, so his eyes turned to his classmates, but his eyes landed on the stage, where the student body president is standing tall.

 

 

And Luhan swore that Cheonsa was staring at him.

 

 

He looked to his left and right side, in case Cheonsa was looking at someone else. When he looked at the stage again, and Cheonsa is now gone.

 

 

Luhan just shrugged it off. He made his way to building B, and kept telling himself that it’s impossible for Cheonsa to look at him. Luhan didn’t know him. Cheonsa didn’t know him, either. It was impossible.

 

 

That’s what he’s been telling himself.

 

 

**

 

 

The hallways were busy, every single one of the students were excited. They started building up their own teams. But for the EXO members, a secret meeting was once again held inside their secret room.

 

 

“As you’ve heard earlier, next week will be the sports festival,” Suho started as the leader. He’s in a good condition now, which gave him more confidence to keep up with his team.

 

 

“Everyone must form a team, join any sport you want, but remember this,” he stated firmly. “You must win against the other teams, better if against Cheonsa. That is, if he’s joining.”

 

 

“What if we lose?” Luhan asked, being the newbie. Luhan expected that Suho will get irritated by his question, but Suho showed an expression he was least expecting.

 

 

“Good question.” Suho smirked. “If you lose, you’ll face a severe punishment much worse than death itself.”

 

 

Luhan gulped. Is something even worse than death?

 

 

“So winning is your only option. Good luck everyone!” he said as if he just didn’t scare Luhan off.

 

 

Yeah, I’ll need that. Luhan thought.

 

 

**            

 

 

Luhan walked into the hallways, on his way on to the rooftop, when he bumped into a certain person.

 

 

“Oh, I’m sorry—“he stopped when realized who the person was. Cheonsa.

 

 

 

Luhan noticed that Cheonsa’s body is so light he actually almost fell from the sudden impact. Luhan was about to ask more when he felt he heard something. Dugdug. Dugdug. Dugdug. A heartbeat…

 

 

His eyes widened at the sudden thing he heard. He knew it was his heartbeat, he was sure of it. He can feel himself getting nervous. Not because his heartbeat can be heard, but because he can’t feel something at the left side of his chest. Why can’t he…

 

 

Luhan completely about the person in front of him for a moment. He was about to say more, but Cheonsa just looked at him blankly and left.

 

 

It was strange, though. Because as Cheonsa walked away, he can feel his own heart being taken away…

 

 

**

 

 

To clear his thoughts up, he went to his comfort place, the rooftop. He found someone was also there, but this time, it’s not his singing buddy, Lay, anymore. It was his first friend in this non-realistic world, Xiumin.

 

 

He was about to say hi when he realized that Xiumin was staring in awe, probably thinking about something sad. He looked like he’s drowned in deep thoughts, and somehow, his aura tells Luhan not to come nearer and not to talk to him.

 

 

It was not long when Xiumin noticed him and immediately plastered a smile on his face, completely erasing Luhan’s thoughts about Xiumin’s earlier state.

 

 

“Hey, have you been there long? You should’ve said hi to me at the very least,” he said as Luhan approached him.

 

“Well, I don’t want to disturb your thoughts, Minseok.” Xiumin’s expression turned into an unexplainable one but immediately changed into a happy one, not wanting Luhan to worry about him.

 

“What sport will you play for the games?” he asked, successfully letting Luhan’s mind wander from his curiosity. He didn’t want to talk about what was on his mind for now.

 

“I love soccer, so, I’ll be joining that one. And you?”

 

Xiumin couldn’t be happier with what he heard. “I love soccer too! Let’s team up, Luhan! Maybe we can win,” he said, trying to hide his excitement, but, of course, he failed. Somehow, Xiumin’s mind wondered to soccer as well, and forgot about his sad thoughts earlier for a while.

 

“Oh, I’d love that,” Luhan just smiled when he saw how cutely Xiumin’s face had become after hearing his favorite sport. He was glad that he could see Minseok’s happy smile again, not a face that looked like he carried the weight of the Earth.

 

“Hey, Xiumin, uhm, would you mind if I ask you what was on your mind? You look like you’re drowned in deep thoughts earlier,” Luhan asked hesitantly.

 

Xiumin stiffened, and didn’t want to talk about it. Being himself, Xiumin just smiled, but he can’t hide his sadness from his friend beside him. “I just...well, I’ll tell you when I’m ready, okay?”

 

“Okay.” It must be really important, Luhan thought.

 

“Let’s go down for now,” Xiumin said and was the first to walk. He knew Luhan had a lot of questions in his mind, but for Xiumin’s sake, he didn’t ask any more. Xiumin mentally smiled for Luhan’s consideration.

 

“Okay then,” Luhan followed suit as they made their way downstairs.

 

 

**

 

 

“Say, Luhan, have you heard anyone’s story yet?” Xiumin handed Luhan a can of coffee as they walked into the cafeteria.

 

“Only Suho’s...and Lay’s,” he answered back. He kinda fringed when he mentioned their names, remembering the sad event that happened for them. Such a pity, they could’ve been together since they like each other.

 

“Oh. Suho had the worst ones.” They sat down at one of the benches near the soccer field. Luhan remembered how Suho told him his life story. It seemed like the other members were sad for him, even Luhan. He frowned when he realized how it was so painful for Suho to encounter something like that before.

 

“Mind sharing yours with me?” Luhan asked. He wanted to know more about Minseok because he seemed to smile a lot. What could be the story behind the smiles that made their way to his lips every time?

 

“Well, okay. Mine’s not as worse as his. I died because I had brain tumor. I got it when I was playing soccer, and my head accidentally hit the goal post while trying to catch a ball. Boring, right?” Xiumin just laughed it off, which took Luhan aback. He wondered how someone can just laugh when they remember the way they die. That’s completely impossible…

 

“Yah, don’t be like that,” Luhan commented. He’s talking about it as if it was nothing to him.

 

“What’s yours? Did you remember yet?” Xiumin got Luhan’s mind off again. Luhan did remember something about his past, but he decided not to talk about it for now. Death is still a sensitive topic to Luhan, and he didn’t want to talk about his own.

 

“No, haven’t remembered a thing,” Luhan said sadly, which got Xiumin quiet. Xiumin knew something was off, but it’s the first time he heard Luhan’s voice go low, so he knew better and decided not to speak more.

 

 

After their talk, they made their way back to the secret room. They knew the members are always here after school, but it was so quiet. That’s impossible, since they were always loud, especially Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

 

Xiumin unlocked the door with his palm again. It still mesmerizes Luhan on how it could be possible to do something like that. Even if he hasn’t gained all of his memories yet, at least he knew it was unusual for a door to be doorknob-less, and it was even more unusual to unlock a doorknob-less door in that kind of way.

 

 

When they opened the door, an empty room welcomed them. Xiumin’s brows creased. Where are those idiots? The both of them searched around the school, but they found nothing. Xiumin got worried easily, and even took a glance at the rooftop incase someone’s shoe might fall off again. Nothing. Completely nothing.

 

 

Where did they go?

 

 

**

 

Edited one again! Hello to new subscribers! Thank you for supporting this story! ^^~ Saranghabnida~

 

 

P.S. The pictures! Aren't they cute? Ahhhh XiuHan~