Eleventh beat!

Exo Beats

    

 

The boys were taking a break at the cafeteria, Suho’s treat, because of their most successful plan ever.

 

 

“I can’t believe it actually worked!” Kai exclaimed, being proud of his hyungs.

 

“We’ve all done well, you know,” Kris boasted.

 

“All you did was kiss a girl’s cheek, hyung,” Chanyeol teased.

 

“And you call yourself a man full of charms,” Baekhyun continued.

 

“Yah,” Kris said back. “At least I wasn’t scolded by the teacher for being all so noisy.”

 

“At least we didn’t kiss a girl on the cheek without an intention of loving her.” Chen smirked and the beagle-trio high-fived when Kris’ nostrils flared.

 

 

All the other members laughed at the scene, except Tao. Luhan’s eyes landed on the said one, and he saw that Tao is getting uncomfortable. Why?

 

 

“Oh. I forgot. Mr. Kang is calling for me and Tao if we have free time,” Luhan abruptly said to the group.

 

“He did?” Tao asked, completely innocent of the situation.

 

“Uh...yeah, he just told me when you weren’t around. Can we go now?” Luhan asked. Say yes, you idiot.

 

“Okay, sure. We’ll be leaving, then. See you later,” Tao bid his hyungs goodbye and they did the same.

 

 

Kris eyed Luhan with suspicion, but Luhan just smirked in return.

 

 

You idiot. You know you have a boyfriend but you keep acting like that.

 

 

**

 

 

“Uh…hyung, why are we here? I thought Mr. Kang is looking for us.”

 

“Come on Tao. Don’t tell me you didn’t see through my lie.”

 

 

The two of them went up to the rooftop instead of the faculty room. Now what?

 

 

“Now what, hyung? Why are we here?” Tao asked again.

 

“Kris…” At the mere mention of his name, Tao cringed.

 

“What’s with Kris hyung?” He asked.

 

“Do you…like him?” Luhan asked. But he doesn’t know the truth. How could he possibly like him?

 

 

**

 

 

At the cafeteria

 

 

Kris continued eating and having fun with the others, but he can’t stay still.

 

 

“Wait, I’ll just go to the restroom,” he said.

 

“Okay hyung. Be back,” Suho said.

 

 

He didn’t go to the restroom. He went to the faculty room and looked at the teachers having their lunch. His suspicion got bigger when he looked at Mr. Kang’s table. Mr. Kang is absent. Where—

 

 

Kris immediately realized what happened and rushed up to the rooftop. Please. I hope it’s not too late.

 

 

**

 

 

“Nevermind, just don’t answer it anymore—“

 

“I do hyung. I like Kris hyung.” Luhan stopped. He was about to say something when Tao continued.

 

“Why?” Does he know?

 

Tao let out a sarcastic laugh. “I ask myself the same question, too. Why do I like him? He’s not even my boyfriend. We’ve only known each other for a month or so. And you ask me why, hyung? I tell you, I. Don’t. Know.”

 

 

Luhan was completely shocked by Tao’s sudden change of mood. And now, he felt sorry for bringing him to this place just to let out the feelings he was hiding.

 

 

And I made him cry again.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” was all Luhan could say.

 

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Luhan hyung. What are you sorry for?” Tao asked in between sobs.

 

 

Because I know something that I shouldn’t, but you should, Luhan said in his head.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” someone whispered behind the rooftop’s door and left.

 

 

Luhan caught a glimpse of that certain someone.

 

 

Kris…please don’t make it any harder for Tao anymore.

 

 

 

**

 

 

It was in the afternoon. The sun was setting and everyone is going home.

 

 

Or not.

 

 

Going to the rooftop before going home became Luhan’s habit. He came a little bit late today, because a teacher asked him to do favors from here to there.

 

 

“Ahh. It’s such a tiring day today.” I need to freshen up a bit.

 

 

He was about to enter his comfort place when he heard grunts.

 

 

“Ouch! Ow! Ugh! Ah! S-stop! I-I--ah!” then he heard a loud thud that seems like someone fell to the ground.

 

“I can’t take this anymore, hyung. Stop this thing already…” It sounded more like a plead rather than a statement.

 

“Shut up, you filthy thing. You have no right to beg like that,” the other one answered.

 

 

Luhan was shocked when he recognized the voices. He took a little peek through the small hole of the door.

 

 

And his suspicion was right.

 

 

He saw Kai lying on the floor, and he seems hurt from the punches that the other one gave him. And he couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

 

 

“D.O…”

 

 

What exactly does this mean?

 

 

**

 

Just a little fact: originally I wrote this chapter the day before I took the University of the Philippines College Admission Test. Just sayin'~ ^^