Fifteenth beat!

Exo Beats

 

 

 

“Excuse me! Excuse me, please. Excuse us! Someone just fainted!”

 

 

Luhan was running through the crowded corridors as he lifted Sehun to the infirmary. He talked to the nurse who was assigned and they immediately helped him. After they checked the patient, the nurse turned her attention to him.

 

 

“Are you Mr. Oh Sehun’s friend?”

 

“Uh…yeah. How is he?”

 

“He’s fine. I think he didn’t eat anything that’s why he fainted. You can stay here if you want.” The nurse immediately left to look at the other students.

 

 

Luhan pulled a chair and sat down. He looked at Sehun, and noticed his facial features. He’s almost perfect. Why didn’t I notice it before?

 

 

The day went on and Luhan just stayed at the clinic. And eventually, he fell asleep.

 

 

**

 

 

“Everyone! Please let us not fight over the supplies! We only have limited number; we must know how to use it wisely.”

 

 

Oh God. We are trapped inside an unknown tunnel, and I don’t even know if we can get out of here. I immediately helped the people who are having difficulties.

 

 

“I’ll try to find a way to get out of here,” I announced. I faced the opposite way and started walking. I reached a dead end, and went back to the people.

 

“I’m sorry but there’s no way out. There’s no signal, either. I think we’ll just have to wait for someone to actually find us.”

 

 

All of the people, especially the elder ones, gave me sad looks. I felt sorry because I can’t do anything to help.

 

Days passed by. The supplies we had are becoming small in amount. I haven’t even eaten a thing for the past 2 days; I sacrificed for everyone to eat more.

 

 

“Hey. You’re taking medicine, too?” Someone asked me. I immediately recognized the face. I’ve been seeing him in school as I walk through the hallways.

 

“Yes, we’re in the same school, actually. I’m Luhan. I recognize your face. What’s your name?” I asked him.

 

“I’m Choi Minho, nice to meet you. God, I’m happy I can talk to you because you seem so knowledgeable.”

 

“Nah, I’m just a student like you,” I replied, but I admit, I feel a little happy about what he said.

 

“Really, Luhan? Okay, if that’s what you say,” he lied down. “It’s been a week, and I feel like dying already.”

 

“Yah, don’t say that,” I immediately countered him. “Just have faith; we’ll get out of here.”

 

 

But no, I can feel myself getting weaker as well.

 

 

Another 2 days went by. I really felt numb. I laid down on the floor the whole day. I can already feel it. I’m dying.

 

 

I got my wallet and pulled out a piece of paper I always bring. I brought out my pen as well.

 

 

The paper read,

 

ORGANS TO DONATE IF I DIE

[ ] kidneys

[ ] lungs

[ ] liver

[ ] brain

[ ] pancreas

[ ] heart

 

 

And there were many more. I checked all of them. If I will die like this, then might as well do this. Even if I die, I want to help other people who are going to continue their journey to life.

 

 

I signed the paper. I dropped the pen, and I immediately fell asleep.

 

 

In other words, I died.

 

 

**

 

Luhan woke up with a start.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Someone asked him. He immediately looked and Sehun’s face was what he saw.

 

“Yeah. I’m fine,” he said, but Sehun spoke again.

 

“Are you sure?” After those words, Luhan looked at him straight in the eyes and immediately felt comfortable.

 

“It’s…I…”

 

“Hmm?” He hummed.

 

“I remember how I died.”

 

“Oh,” he whispered.

 

“Isn’t that a good thing?” He asked.

 

“Well, you can say that.”

 

“What do you remember?”

 

“Everything.”

 

“Can you tell me about it?”

 

Luhan smiled before telling him. “I wanted to become a doctor. I want to continue with my life hearing other people saying ‘thank you’. My sister always said those words, and after she died, I can’t help it. I studied hard, too. Then I got caught into a train accident. We had difficulties, and after a few days, I died.”

 

“But my organs were up for donation. I bet I saved someone’s life there in the real world.” Luhan smiled at the thought.

 

 

Sehun was just listening then suddenly, he touched Luhan’s cheek.

 

 

“I’m sure that certain someone will forever say ‘thank you’ to you.” Luhan smiled at him but then he realized something.

 

 

“Then my life wasn’t so bad at all, right? But even if I don’t have any more regrets, I could’ve been obliterated by now, haven’t I?”

 

“If you don’t have any more regrets, then you would’ve been gone.”

 

Luhan thought for a while. “But they’re here.” The EXO members have been with me through my downfalls and such, I can’t just leave them alone.

 

“I see. You still want to be with them?”

 

“Of course I do. They’re my friends now. I still have one more wish left, though.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I wish that everyone would overcome their lives like I did. And together, we will exit this world and rest in peace. I don’t think a new life can be all that bad.”

 

“You agree?”

 

“Yeah,” Luhan said, but he stopped when another realization came into his mind.

 

“Hold on, is this the feeling you want everyone to understand?” He asked Sehun.

 

“You didn’t know?” Sehun innocently asked. AISH!

 

“Are you kidding? Of course I didn’t! How can I possibly understand if you didn’t tell us? And think about it! You stabbed me on the chest the first time we met! Do you think I can interpret that in a different way, huh?”

 

“You asked for it, didn’t you?” Sehun’s aura is full of innocence. Ah really! He gets me so frustrated I want to punch myself. Just how bad can he be in communicating with other people?

 

“You’re saying we’ll probably have fun if we participate in all school activities, and we’ll be happy if we take classes regularly?”

 

“Of course, that’s the main purpose why you went to this kind of afterlife.” And he got me more confused!

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Didn’t you notice that the people coming here are all young?”

 

“Y-you’re right. So? What now?”

 

“People who die that come here are the ones who haven’t had a chance to live their youthful days. This world gives you your second chance, right? If you died earlier, probably when you were a student, you go here and live the life you should’ve had.”

 

 

And Luhan got the point.

 

 

So that’s why it’s a school. This place is designed to save young souls. If Minseok made the goal last time, he would’ve probably been gone by now. Kris found what he was looking for, and Lay achieved his own dream. Those two gave justice to their death by doing what they really want to do here in this world.

 

 

Nobody’s here because they wanted to. We are put here to fight against an unfair life. But Sehun says otherwise. All he wanted was to show us a fair life, a normal student life. That’s why he prepared those activities and programs. He wanted to persuade those who remained living here. He wanted to give justice and for us to achieve our own happiness and satisfaction so we may rest in peace.

 

 

And all we did was fight.

 

 

“Ah really! You’re so bad in communicating.”

 

“I know that.” Luhan had a sly smile on his face.

 

“Good thing, then.”

 

“You kept on saying it, that’s why.”

 

 

I pity him. He had no friends here, because if he had, then those friends would’ve been obliterated and Sehun would’ve been always alone. Oh God, I didn’t realize the hardships he had to face.

 

 

“You’re the first one to stay with me without being obliterated,” he said, as if he read Luhan’s mind.

 

“Oh.” I don’t know what to feel.

 

 

Suho. He was the one who had the most trouble in his life. He had the worst one among all the members, and now, after realizing Sehun’s point, I wanted to help him overcome that memory of fear. I’m a part of them, but I’m also Sehun’s friend. I don’t know if this is right, but I just feel it will work.

 

 

“Say, can you help me?”

 

“Shouldn’t I be the one to say that?” He asked me back.

 

“Oh. Yeah. Right.”

 

“What?”

 

“Listen, Sehun. We’ll help the others. We’ll make everyone from this school graduate. We’ll help everyone get out of this world and achieve their genuine happiness and fight against the unfair life they had.”

 

 

Sehun smiled, and I smiled back.

 

 

**

 

“We found out that someone swapped Mr. Oh Sehun’s papers in attempt to soil him. We confirmed with the handwriting and such, and it appeared all so well. Thus, he will be returning to his seat as the Student Body President, and Mr. Kim Kibum will return to being the Vice President.”

 

 

**

 

 

“Ah! I hate detention so much!” Baekhyun cried out loud.

 

“We can’t do anything about it now,” Chen said.

 

“Stop whining, we still have dozens of bundles of papers to look on as punishment!” Chanyeol scolded.

 

“Aish. Seriously, just shut your mouths and continue with what we are doing,” Suho said that shut them up.

 

“Right,” D.O spoke for the first time since they got inside.

 

 

Luhan stayed quiet as he did his part of the job, and just remembered his conversation with Sehun.

 

 

“I need you to come back as the President. You’ll have to make everyone follow you for us to go with our plans.”

 

“That strategy seems nice,” he complimented me.

 

“I still haven’t planned everything out, but when it’s over—“I immediately stopped talking when I realized what I said.

 

 

When it’s over, what will happen to us?