After Afterlife #1: The Brave Brother And The Neglected Son

Exo Beats

Hello guys! So hey, I'm not doing anything tonight, so I made up the first chapter of the special series: After Afterlife! Okay, so the concept of After Afterlife is they met again after they obliterated in the Afterlife, that's why it's called the After Afterlife. And I thought about bringing them back to the real world. Reincarnation, I think. :)

 

 

So the first chapter is featuring the first couple: SuLay!! I hope you enjoy! ^^~

 

 

**

 

CHAPTER ONE: THE BRAVE BROTHER AND THE NEGLECTED SON (SuLay)

 

 

 

“Hey, how are you guys?” Suho smiled and placed each bouquet of flowers on top of each tomb. “It’s been 10 years now, hasn’t it?”

 

 

Suho just finished his work. It’s still early at night, around 6:30 PM, and as he remembered the date today, he immediately bought two bouquets of fresh white roses and proceeded to the cemetery to visit his siblings’ tombs. It’s been 10 years since the incident, and luckily, Suho has moved on from his own family members being killed.

 

 

“You know, I decided to become a detective two years ago. I’m 20 years old now, and I’m barely 18 when I started. I worked really hard, and guess who my first victims were back then.” Suho let out a weak smile. “Those guys who killed you both.”

 

 

Suho still remembered that day. An old woman has visited his detective agency, and told him that she noticed some men following here and loitering around the house. That woman said that they might be robbers, so one night Suho stayed at the woman’s house and it turned out that those suspicious persons were the same ones that Suho and his siblings encountered as kids.

 

 

Eventually those two got arrested, but after that event, Suho’s heart felt like it was ripped apart, and the heartbreaking incident that happened to his poor siblings flashed through his mind. Suho went on hiatus of his work for a whole month, but after reconciling it with his parents, he finally let go of those hard feelings and moved on.

 

 

“They’re in prison now; no one can harm me anymore.” Suho sighed. “How is it up there in heaven? Do you like it?” He looked up at the starry sky, as if he’s really talking to them. “I know you do.” Suddenly tears were starting to form on his eyes. He quickly wiped them away. “Sorry, I just really wish you were here…with me.” He silently cried for a moment.

 

 

But then he heard someone singing on the street, accompanied with the sound of an acoustic guitar. A lot of people gathered around, so he followed where the sound came from.

 

 

And what’s really strange is that the song seems familiar to Suho.

 

 

“Excuse me…excuse me, please.” Suho made his way through the crowd. As he went in front, he saw a handsome guy with soft brown hair performing while strumming his guitar. While he was singing, his eyes were closed. The song was so good that Suho also closed his eyes while listening. Later on, his mouth followed as he sang along as if he knew the lyrics. As if he memorized them by heart.

 

 

As he fluttered his eyes open, a pair of brownish black orbs met his. The singer’s eyes were boring into him.

 

 

After his last song of the day, all the people left, but Suho stayed, still looking at the stranger as if he knew him all his life.

 

 

“Do you need anything?” The stranger asked him. That’s when Suho snapped out of his mind.

 

“Oh, uhm…” Suho bit his lower lip and tried to think of something. “The song you were singing…what’s the title of that?”

 

“Oh, that one.” The stranger smiled, showing off his cute dimple. “It’s actually a special song. It’s my own composition, you see. It just popped into my mind out of nowhere. The lyrics came by one at a time until it became a whole song.” Suho looked at him for a second then he finally gave up.

 

“Okay. I think it’s nice though.” Suho smiled. “What’s your name?”

 

“I’m Lay. And you?”

 

“I’m Suho.”

 

 

They shook hands, and unbelievably, both of them felt something strange. They looked into each other’s eyes, and their heart stopped for a millisecond.

 

 

“Do I know you?” Suho asked with his brows creased. There’s something with Lay, and he can’t figure out what.

 

“I know I haven’t met you before,” Lay said innocently. Suho just smiled at him.

 

“Yeah. Sorry. You just seem…familiar.” Suho paused for a while, examining Lay for the last time. “I’ll go now. I guess I’ll just see you around.”

 

 

**

 

 

“You were the one who lost that customer’s receipt!”

 

“No, I gave it to you and you’re the one who lost it!”

 

“You didn’t give me anything!”

 

“You weren’t listening to me that time!”

 

 

Lay went home late at night as always after performing. He carefully hid his precious instrument at their stock room because he’s doomed if his parents found out what he was doing.

 

 

And, as always, they’re fighting again.

 

 

Lay carefully sneaked up to his room. He freshened up a bit by taking a shower. As he sat down on his bed while towel-drying his fluffy brown hair, he thought about the guy he met earlier. Suho.

 

 

Suho seems nice, but something tells Lay that they did meet before this night. Suho asked him the question related to his thoughts earlier. But Lay answered that honestly. He can’t remember anything about Suho or if they even knew each other before.

 

 

“What the hell,” he whispered to himself as he lay down. He closed his eyes and stayed like that for a while. But then suddenly…

 

 

“Hello, I’m Lay. I hope you like music, Luhan hyung.”

 

 

Lay heard himself speak to someone. Luhan hyung? Did he know someone named Luhan?

 

 

**

 

Suho went back to his detective agency. He sat on his office chair and drowned himself in deep thoughts. He put his hands together as he thought about Lay over and over again.

 

 

“Think, Suho. Think,” he repeatedly told himself. “You’re a detective, aren’t you? Use your brains.”

 

 

When Suho closed his eyes, that’s when pictures of moments passed through his mind.

 

 

“Welcome to the club! I’m Suho, the leader. All of us here form a group called EXO.”

 

 

EXO? What’s that?

 

 

And what about Lay? What does Suho know about him?

 

 

“Lay plays for the school band, and he talks about music all the time.”

 

 

**

 

 

Lay’s eyes pried open as the moments started to flow continuously.

 

 

He remembered himself saying he composed a new song. And…

 

 

“I can’t wait to show this to Suho. I hope he’ll like it.”

 

 

Suho. Suho. That name. He knew him. Lay knew him.

 

 

“Why don’t you tell him?”

 

“Tell who what?”

 

“Tell Suho that you like him.”

 

 

And then everything went clear. He knew Suho. He was a part of a group named EXO, and Suho was the leader. He was friends with everyone, but his heart tells him that Suho was more than that.

 

 

That’s when it hit him.

 

 

He liked Suho.

 

 

And he still does.

 

 

He rushed outside of the house to find Suho.

 

 

**

 

 

“Don’t. Don’t go…please…”

 

“Don’t leave me…”

 

 

Suho opened his eyes widely when he remembered everything. He was the leader of EXO. Lay was a member, and that’s how they met.

 

 

But when he saw Lay disappearing, he also saw himself pleading for him to not go. And Lay…

 

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

 

Suho stood up abruptly when he saw Lay’s sad face. No. No. No…

 

 

He lost Lay once. He doesn’t want to lose him again.

 

 

He immediately got his coat and rushed out of his office. He ran as fast as he could to the street where he saw Lay.

 

 

And luckily, the one he was looking for was there.

 

 

No words were needed. Suho approached Lay and he did the same. As they were in front of each other, Lay was the one who spoke first.

 

 

“Suho…” Just by the mere mention of his name, Suho’s tears welled up and he let out a soft laugh. He didn’t speak. Instead, he responded by hugging the younger one while crying.

 

“I love you…” Suho whispered. Lay hugged back tighter. He let go of Suho after a few moments.

 

“I’m glad I found you, Lay. I remembered everything and—“

 

"I know, I know. Me too. So...how are you now?"

 

"I'm a detective now. I'm doing good, actually. How about you?"

 

“I perform on the streets. Actually, a bar manager found me, and I've been thinking about accepting the job.”

 

I think you should. You'll do great, Lay. Suho sent a sincere smile. Lay smiled as well, the smile that causes his eyes to sparkle.

 

Want some coffee down the lane?

 

I would love that. Lay put an arm around Suho as they walked together towards the coffee shop.

 

 

Because being together is all that matters.

 

 

**

 

 

How was it? Was it a good concept? Or not? Can you comment on it? ^^~

 

But hey, thank you for your continuous support. I REALLY love you all. <3 One day, something good will happen to you. I promise. Haha. ^^~ <3 *huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs*