Tenth beat!

Exo Beats

        

 

Not all of the members are gathered. The people who aren't part of the plan went to their testing rooms already. The unlucky ones are now inside the secret room 10 minutes before the bell rings.

 

 

"Everyone, are you ready?" Suho asked. 

 

 

Luhan, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, Kris and D.O exchanged nervous glances, especially Chen and Luhan. They were afraid they might fail, considering the time when they joined the group. But this is not the time for that. They were chosen so that they can prove themselves. Determination struck the members’ minds.

 

 

"Yep, we're ready."

 

"That's what I'm talking about." Suho smirked. "1, 2, 3!"

 

"EXO SARANGHAJA!"

 

 

**

 

 

The members went inside the testing room. Luhan flinched when he saw Cheonsa sitting while reviewing his Math book. He really wasn’t comfortable around that guy. His eyes landed on a box placed on top of the teacher's table in front. The other members picked a piece of paper and so did he.

 

 

"What's this for?" Luhan asked as he picked his piece.

 

"Your seat number." Luhan's mouth made an 'o'. So dumb, Luhan. So dumb. Of course it would be the seat number. You're in a school, remember?

 

"I got 13!" Baekhyun suddenly shouted. They started sharing theirs too.

 

"Mine's 19! We're seatmates!" Chanyeol exclaimed and hugged the short one.

 

"Yah me too! I got 25!" It wasn't long before Chen was included in the seatmate-group-hug.

 

"I got 9..." D.O said, not sure if he’s happy or he regretted it.

 

"I'm on the 23rd," Luhan said and showed his paper while nodding his head.

 

"I'll sit on the 30th, the last chair," Kris also showed his number.

 

"What'd you get, leader?" Baekhyun asked after realizing Suho hasn’t spoken yet.

 

Suho smirked before showing his number. "The 1st. I am exactly in front of the enemy."

 

 

The other members cheered. Suho smirked even more as he realized how lucky he was.

 

 

They went to Kris's place, on the 30th seat because it was the farthest and they discussed the plan. Good thing no one dared to get near them.

 

 

"Since I am the luckiest one here, I will become the most important part of the plan. Here's what I'm going to do: if the teacher passes the answer sheets, I'll get two papers. One for me, the other for him. Then I'll write ridiculous answers on 'his' answer sheet and that's the one I'll pass with his name on it. Any objections?" Suho said in a calm and low voice for the others might hear them. Everyone nodded. Somehow, Suho seemed really smart after he said his plan.

 

"What'll happen to his real paper?" Luhan asked.

 

"I'll keep it. I'll pass the other one," Suho answered. There he goes with his questions again.

 

"With his name?" Luhan asked again, making Suho realize the point he's trying to say.

 

"Yep—oh," Suho stopped for a moment. Oh no.

 

"What is it, hyung?" Chen asked.

 

"What am I going to write on the name part? I can't write Cheonsa, can I?" Suho put his hand below his chin and posed as if he was thinking. The other members started to think intelligently too.

 

"How about 'student body president'?" Except for the dumb idiot Chanyeol.

 

"Nah, that's too..." D.O complained.

 

"Out of style," Kris commented. He didn’t want to say ‘That’s too dumb and obvious.’

 

"Aish. This is annoying. Luhan hyung, can you go ask his real name?" Suho pleaded since Luhan was the one who reminded him of it.

 

"Why me? Why not Kris?" Luhan asked. There he goes again with his why-me-why-not-him.

 

"Because that's not my style. Now go ask him," Kris just calmly said and smirked.

 

"Aish. Okay I'll go." Luhan can’t do anything about so he walked slowly to Cheonsa.

 

 

This is it. I'm just going to ask. No need to be nervous, Luhan. You're just going to ask for his name.

 

 

Luhan stared at the enemy for a moment. He decided to go first to the restroom and think about it. His presence makes his heart beat so fast.

 

 

But someone pulled his polo from the back and stopped him from going. Cheonsa.

 

 

"Where are you going? The test is about to start." Luhan was stunned and can't move for a moment. Cheonsa is preventing me from going! What am I going to do?

 

"Uh...I'm a little nervous, I'll just go to the restroom." He scratched the back of his head and fake smiled to the person in front of him. What a dumb excuse, Luhan.

 

"But the teacher will arrive soon," Cheonsa implied, tightening his grip on Luhan’s polo shirt.

 

"Uh..." Luhan realized that this is his chance to do what he is supposed to do. He breathed in and breathed out before he spoke. "Uh...what's your real name? If you don't mind telling me. We've met a couple of times, right?" Like you stabbed me in the chest or something like that, Luhan thought.

 

"Sehun. I'm Oh Sehun." 

 

Sehun...that's a nice name for someone so innocent like him, Luhan thought. He smiled at Sehun. "Uh...okay. Sehun, I'll just go back to my seat. I won't go out anymore," he said as he realized that Sehun is still staring at him and his hand on the doorknob.

 

"Okay." Sehun let go of him and went back to his seat as well.

 

 

Luhan talked about it to his friends and they congratulated him for a job well done.

 

 

But deep inside his conscience is eating him.

 

 

**

 

 

The test started. After an hour, the teacher asked them to pass their papers. Luhan was passing the paper as well when he noticed the beagle-trio/92-line in the front making a scene.

 

 

"EVERYONE! LOOK AT US! WHOOOO YEAH!" They continued shouting as they got everyone's attention, even the teacher. Chanyeol’s deep voice plus the Baekhyun’s and Chen’s high-pitched voices were heard as they shouted like crazy people in front of everyone.

 

 

But Luhan's eyes were fixated on Suho. He saw Suho smirk and exchanged the papers before passing them in front.

 

 

So that's why. He chose those three because they can get attention easily, even Cheon--Sehun's. So Suho can do the plan without anyone noticing...

 

 

**

 

"Great job, you three. You didn't fail me." It was the break in between tests and Suho cheered for the trio.

 

"We sure did!" Chen shouted quite proudly.

 

"Even though the teacher scolded us," Chanyeol said but he just smiled.

 

"But it's okay!" Baekhyun high-fived with the two. They looked like idiots, though.

 

"Kris, you're next. Just go make a scene with your charms. I know you can do it. That's why I chose you," Suho said and smiled.

 

"Huh. I'm handsome enough to do that," all of them just groaned in his last remark.

 

 

The teacher arrived and another test started.

 

 

**

 

 

"Everyone, pass the papers."

 

 

The truth is, Kris still doesn't know what to do. He just looked everywhere and saw Suho staring at him, like telling him 'Go! What are you waiting for? We're running out of time!'

 

 

His mind went blank and just kissed his seatmate's cheek. The girl squealed and got everyone's attention.

 

 

Success, Kris thought. But I don't like her, though.

 

 

**

 

 

"I already saw that coming, but that was great, Kris hyung," Chanyeol said and patted Kris’ back.

 

"Kissing a girl's cheek without any intentions of loving her. Ugh, that's bad," Chen teased. Kris just glared at him.

 

"We don't know about Kris hyung's love life though. Who knows, right?" Baekhyun said as he shrugged.

 

 

I do, Luhan thought. It's his turn to smirk at Kris. But Kris mentally told him to shut up or else he’ll kill him.

 

 

"You've done great, Kris. Okay. D.O, you're next." Suho looked at D.O who was staring outside the window.

 

"Next in what?" D.O asked with his eyes wide open.

 

"In distracting the class," Suho said as if it was nothing.

 

"H-How am I supposed to do that? You know I'm not good in this..." D.O hugged his Physics book tightly.

 

"You're seated diagonally behind him right? Yours is simple. Just ask Cheonsa out."

 

"W-WHAT?!" D.O shouted which made everyone look at him. They apologized for the scene they made and continued discussing.

 

"Just say this: 'I'm sorry if I didn't take note of the place and time. But Sehun-ah, I really like you. Can you go out with me?' Mention his real name, that'll make it sound more sincere. Okay?"

 

"Uh..." D.O looks like he is about to cry.

 

"Come on D.O! You can do that! Yours is much simpler than ours!" Chanyeol cheered him up.

 

"Simpler than mine, too. Haven't thought of that," Kris said with a bit of regret in his voice.

 

"B-b-but—“

 

 

The teacher arrived and everyone went back to their seat.

 

 

**

 

While the teacher is roaming around to check if there were cheaters, Luhan just stared blankly at his paper.

 

 

Is this really right? Why don't I feel like it? I think this is wrong. Sehun seems nice. Maybe we just got the wrong impression of him. He’s not doing anything wrong, right?

 

 

And before he knew it, the teacher already ask them to pass their papers.

 

 

And...

 

 

"I'm sorry if I didn't take note of the place and time. But Sehun-ah, I really like you. Will you go out with me?" D.O suddenly blurted out which caught everyone's attention once again.

 

"Please consider the place and time before asking me out," Sehun said coldly.

 

"O...okay." D.O said gloomily and sat down.

 

 

**

 

 

"D.O, it's okay, stop crying. It's not like you really like him," Baekhyun patted the younger one's shoulders to comfort him.

 

"But...but...you know I'm anti-social and I'm really emotionally scarred right now *sniff*"

 

"You'll get over it, dear. We still have tomorrow until Friday for other exams, and I'll make sure I won't make you do something like that again," Suho compensated.

 

 

Luckily, Luhan didn't have to do anything weird because he got his role done: ask the real name of the enemy.

 

 

It's just a small deed, but it was also a critical part of the plan, Luhan thought.

 

 

 

**

 

 

Exams are finally done. It was Friday in the afternoon, and Luhan was taking a walk in the corridors when he saw Sehun come out of the faculty room.

 

 

Luhan was about to talk to him (for an unknown reason) when he noticed something.

 

 

"Se—“he abruptly stopped when he noticed that the mentioned one kept his head low. Did something happen?

 

 

Or...

 

 

His thoughts were pushed aside when the students were called for a short assembly on the grounds.

 

 

"Everyone, listen. Mr. Oh Sehun won't be the student body president anymore. The vice president, Kim Kibum, will take charge of the position from now on."

 

 

I knew it.

 

 

 

He saw the other members' reactions: they were all happy.

 

 

 

But why can't I be happy, too?

 

 

**

 

Hey! I finally finished editing (?) this story. Nothing much changed. I reviewed all of them and they seemed fine to me. I hope they'll be fine with you, too. Now I'll be posting ALL of them till the end!! ^^~

 

 

THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED ME THROUGHOUT. I REALLY APPRECIATE EFFORTS LIKE THAT. <3

 

 

SARANGHAEYO~