Fourth beat!

Exo Beats

     

 

The members are gathered inside the secret room. Classes just ended, and today’s Friday, meaning, they’ll push through another plan.

 

 

“The performance will be starting in a few minutes. Have you brought your weapons?” Suho asked. The members showed him their deadly weapons one by one. How ironic, because they’re already dead.

 

“Are you ready?” They all nodded. Suho was determined as ever. Tonight, other than this plan, he has his own plan.

 

 

He decided that it’s time to confess.

 

 

He didn’t actually plan it from the start. But after that talk with Luhan, he thought about it for a while. He felt his heart thump at the thought of simply confessing, and decided that now’s the time.

 

 

He wasn’t sure if he’s ready. But he already made up his mind. The important thing is that he will finally say what’s on his heart.

 

 

He glanced at Lay who was tuning his guitar. He smiled. He hoped that tonight will be great. He somehow became nervous at his plan again. He wasn’t sure about Lay’s feelings, but he was sure about his own. He shrugged his worries off.

 

 

“Okay. Let’s go.” He placed his hand forward and so did the others. “1, 2, 3!”

 

“EXO SARANGHAJA!”

 

 

**

 

 

So far the plan was working. Baekhyun, Kai, D.O, and Suho were somehow shocked when Cheonsa fell for the trap the second time around. They didn’t know if he’s just gullible or a total idiot for not noticing them.

 

 

As they went inside, the same scenario welcomed them: folders of activities placed on top of Cheonsa’s desk. Suho grabbed his camera from the small bag he brought and started taking pictures of the sheets one by one. Baekhyun, Kai, and D.O just looked at him with stunned bodies.

 

 

“Hyung, that’s not part of the plan…” Kai was the one who took the courage to speak. Suho stopped for a while and glared at them.

 

“I don’t care. We need to get out of here immediately.” The other three exchanged glances, and they all felt the same way towards the leader: anger.

 

“Why?” Baekhyun asked, trying to test him.

 

“We need to get inside that damned hall before the performance ends.” Suho continued to take pictures.

 

“Why?” D.O asked, completely getting Suho’s attention away from the activities and passed onto them. The three of them had their eyes widen when they saw how Suho looked so desperate.

 

“I need to go. Please…” Their anger and irritation quickly faded away when they saw Suho go like that. It’s the first time that they’ve seen him or heard him plead. Now, he’s not their leader. He’s Suho. Just Suho…that wanted something so bad to the point that he’ll plead. 

 

 

They quickly helped him finish taking some pictures. And together, they ran towards the MPH.

 

 

**

 

 

“Good evening, everyone!”

 

 

Loud cheers welcomed the band before they performed. Cheonsa managed to sneak from the members and walked being unharmed.

 

 

But the thing is, for this time, Cheonsa did try to stop what’s going on. He talked to the persons assigned in the sound system for that.

 

 

The staff immediately turned the speakers off. All the students made noises and asked what was going on. One of the band members of ran to the back stage and to the equipment room. Some staffs were stopping him, yes. But he didn’t give up. He tripped over several times, but finally, he managed to turn the switch from on to off.

 

 

Just then, Lay was dumbfounded by the sudden stop of the show. He looked at the audience, and found the person he wanted to see the most. Suho.

 

 

He smiled to him. Maybe this is the right time. I’m already happy, Lay thought to himself. He went to the side of the stage and picked up his acoustic guitar. As he started to strum, the speakers were already on. He started singing.

 

 

Luhan, hearing the song from the outside, recognized the set of lyrics and the tune. He smiled, but then he remembered something very important.

 

 

After the first chorus, in which Luhan is most familiar with, he was shocked when Lay continued with the song. Does he…oh no.

 

 

If Lay will sing the whole song, that will mean that he’ll be saying everything he wanted to say. Then he’ll be happy. Then he’ll be…no, no.

 

 

Tears escaped from Suho’s eyes when he realized that Lay has been staring at him for the whole time. And the second part of the song’s lyrics was about…Lay’s feelings towards a certain someone.

 

 

Is it..me? Does he feel the same? Suho thought.

 

 

He looked at Lay in the eyes once again. And, as if to confirm his thoughts, Lay smiled even more and nodded.

 

 

“Oh my…” Suho whispered.

 

 

Just as Lay finished the song, Suho was about to go up there, hug him, and show him his feelings of love.

 

 

But everyone gasped when they saw that after the song, Lay is slowly disappearing…

 

 

This is it, Lay said in his mind. I’ve already done what I wanted to. I already sang my heart out to the world. I hope my parents would be proud of me…

 

 

Suho’s tears were nonstop. Why now? After he finally had clarity of his feelings…Why must he go? Why can’t he just stay and they can love each other forever?

 

 

 He ran to the stage, wanting to prevent his loved one from disappearing. He desperately grabbed onto Lay while crying.

 

 

“Don’t. Don’t go…please….” Suho said in between sobs. Lay looked at him blankly. But before he knew, tears rolled down from his cheeks as well.

 

“Don’t leave me…” Suho hugged Lay’s knee, as if it would do anything. Lay looked away, not wanting to see Suho like this…especially if it’s because of him.

 

“I’m sorry…” Lay said.

 

 

Luhan, along with the other members, ran inside of the hall.

 

 

But it was too late.

 

 

They saw Suho on the stage, crying, along with a lonely and cold guitar lying on the ground.

 

 

“No! No…no…” Suho didn’t care anymore. Even if there were a lot of students watching him, it didn’t matter anymore. Lay’s gone…Lay is now gone…what’s the sense in continuing life here?

 

 

The other members were stunned. Suho had always been smiling at them, telling them that he will do his best in everything. He always had leaded them with determination, and protected them like a big brother. But now they’re seeing him like this. He looks so broken…so pitiful…

 

 

And their tears started to flow as well…

 

 

**

 

 

Thank you to checkmate-vinchi for your lovely comment. I appreciate that. Thank you thank you thank you :)

 

 

And to all the people supporting this. I appreciate it very much. Your comment, upvote, subscription, or even by just silently reading...I appreciate that. Thank you. I love you all :)