M E S S

My Wife Is Straight

\“Sooyoung! I forgot something important at the hotel, could you go and get it for me really really quickly? The meeting starts in forty-five minutes, so I think it’d be best if you’d be in you car about now.” Jessica’s voice was both rushed and casual at the same time, like she was trying to act like it was the usual conversation but the tension in it was obvious. 

 

  “Seriously? How could you forget something important?” Sooyoung rolled her eyes as she arrived in front of Hyoyeon and Sunny. 

 

  “Who forgot something?” Sunny asked curiously, exchanging confused glances with Hyoyeon. 

 

  Yet again their tallest friend ignored them, she was too focused on something else. “It’s like when you were a kid and forgot to do homework, it just slipped past my mind okay? I have to go now, somebody needs me. Call me when you get back to the hotel and I’ll tell where and what it is alright?” Cut off. Sooyoung disconnected from her side and slid the phone into her pocket, sighing from slight annoyance. 

 

 “What is it? Who was on the phone?” Hyoyeon, with her million and two questions, was determined to figure out the answer to at least three of them. 

 

  “I have to go, something came up with...somebody. I’ll be back as soon as I can okay?” Sooyoung hurriedly explained and headed straight to the front door, not caring about anything else but finding Jessica’s forgotten document. She was opening the clear door when she ran into someone, and of course, not the person she wanted to see at the moment. 

 

  “Sooyoung! Where are you going? Are you leaving because you saw me coming?” That was it. Tiffany. Why now? 

 

  “No, no, I have to leave for a different reason, something important. Stay here for awhile, okay? I’ll be back soon,” Sooyoung didn’t even want to look into the brunette’s eyes while speaking, she was too worried about the face of disappointment. 

 

   Her feet speed-walked down the street toward her car, which was fortunately not too far from the shop. She unlocked it and was in the driver’s seat quickly, starting the automobile in the fastest time she had ever remembered. “Gosh Jessica, did you have to mess up now?” 

 

   The whole drive toward the room she could only think about what her friend was missing and how she managed to forget it, even the music on the radio didn’t help her. She had to get there as rapidly as she could and manage to get to Jessica’s work in time for the meeting. I can totally do that? No problem. Sooyoung thought confidently, though she was sure some part of her was just as worried as Jessica herself was. 

 

    Thanks to not too many red lights and stops, she got there in around six or seven minutes, a new record. She tried not to startle the car but at the same time shut off the engine a few moments after it parked. Locking the vehicle, she continued to scramble toward the building, her cell phone also coming into her hand. 

  “Jessica! I’m in the elevator for our level right now, tell me what I should find.” Sooyoung rasped into the phone, her head a full on mess. 

 

  Finally, her blonde partner replied, “Good, good. Wow, you got there quicker than I thought.” Even Jessica was mildly surprised by the feat. “Anyway, when you go into the room go straight to the coffee table that had my files on it and see if a light tan folder is there.” 

 

  “Got it, got it. Light tan folder,” she repeated the directions inside her mind as she opened the white door. Her eyes quickly searched the room, looking exactly for the coffee table. “I’m at the table, now, where is it?” She bent down on her knees and continued hunting for the folder, but nothing other than a black coat and a couple note cards with something about another dead guy. 

 

  “It should be there, go over to my suitcase and look.” Now Jessica’s voice was also uneasy, more fretful than before. “It might also be in a purple folder, I forgot which.” 

 

  “Jessica Jung! Tiffany and Hyoyeon are at the store right now confused out of their minds because of me and I have to go back to work to earn money so I can pay for the bills, I don’t have time to check for another folder!” After finally letting out her anger, Sooyoung felt actually somewhat better, more sane in the least. 

 

  “Can’t you calm down? I understand we’re both in a huge mess right now, but I think if we all stay cold-headed this will end up alright.” Jessica responded, her voice not as rushed as before, well, until she spoke again that was. “Someone just called that there’s thirty minutes until the meeting, if you grab it now and then jump out the window into you car you could make it on time.” 

 

 Like I’m totally able to do that, Sooyoung thought sarcastically thought, irritated a bit more. “I honestly don’t know where it is, I can’t find it anywhere.” While the conversation had been going on, the woman was going through everything inside the vicinity of the room, including the kitchen. “Are you sure you forgot it here?” 

 

  “I’m pretty sure I did, where else would I forget it? I’m sure I didn’t leave it back at home in Korea, or else I would be done for. Did you check everywhere?” 

 

  “Of course I did! Even under the bed! There was no light tan folder, there was a purple folder, although. I don’t think it’s yours because it talked about ice cream places or something like that-” 

 

  “Why didn’t you tell me you found it?” 

 

  “What?” Was all that Sooyoung could ask, it didn’t seem anything reasonable for one of the business woman’s important documents to be about ice cream places. “Are you serious?” 

 

  “Yes, I am. Now hurry up and get here!” Jessica’s voice raised a couple decibels but it was immediately lowered again, “I’m serious, my coworkers will kill me if I don’t have that information.” 

 

  “I’d kill you too if you didn’t have information on how much a chocolate waffle cone costs at Serendipity,” Sooyoung remarked, sarcasm yet again sparking her voice. “I can’t talk on the phone while I’m driving, so I have to go. I’m on my way.” She disconnected and rolled her eyes again, she seriously couldn’t believe it. 

 

“You’re here! Do you have the folder?” Jessica almost screamed as Sooyoung walked inside of the building, looking around the female in wonder and excitement. 

  Sooyoung held up the purple file dully, and the jumpy blonde had it in her hands within the next second. “Your work sure is something, you know.” 

 

  “I know, I have to go now though, the meeting starts in a minute or two!” And she was off. Sooyoung was tired out from all the chaos and found herself sitting down on a leather chair in the lobby, trying to figure out what had just happened in the last hour. 

 

   I don’t get as much recognition as I deserve, my life is hard. She had been sitting there, encased in her own thoughts, for another ten minutes before remembering why she had to be back at her own job. “Oh shoot!” 

 

 

 

“Tiffany! How have you been?” Sunny exclaimed as her friend hurried out and the other girl entered. She turned an even more bewildered Hyoyeon, “Sooyoung, Jessica, and I met her yesterday while going toward Specialty, she’s a road vocalist.” 

 

  “Wait, who’s Jessica?” Hyoyeon couldn’t get her head straight, there was too much going on for her comprehend. First she heard somebody’s married, then something mysteriously important came up and made Sooyoung leave, and now there’s two random woman she never heard of or met before. What the heck.. 

 

  “Are Sooyoung and Jessica here? I’ve been meaning to thank them for an interesting and fun day yesterday,” Tiffany commented jubilantly, stopping her footprints in front of the two. 

 

  “Sooyoung left because something showed up randomly, Jessica though hasn’t been here all day,” Sunny replied normally, not trying to reveal too much about the marriage, it seemed that Sooyoung didn’t want Hyo to know yet. 

 

  “Can someone answer just one of my questions?” Hyoyeon complained, stomping her right foot like a child. 

 

  “Sorry H. Hyoyeon meet Tiffany, Tiffany meet Hyoyeon.” Sunny continued to explain in a relaxed tone, not trying to stir up something. 

 

  “Hi Hyoyeon, I’m Tiffany Hwang from California. It’s nice to meet a friend of a friend!” Tiffany kept her voice cheerful, though there was some hint in her eyes saying otherwise. She let out a   palm with a general smile on her face, and the blonde shook it without much consent. 

 

  “California eh? No wonder you’re too happy,” Hyoyeon scoffed, rolling her eyes. She turned back to Sunny, the whining regaining in her voice, “Now please explain everything.” 

 

  “I don’t think I can explain everything, because it’s mostly Sooyoung’s story to tell. I only met Jessica, met Tiffany, went out for lunch, left early, returned to work, got a bottle of wine, and returned home to take a well deserved bath.” Sunny described her day before in just the right amount of detail for the other person to understand that she didn’t do that much. 

 

  “Really? But who’s this Jessica everyone’s talking about?” Hyoyeon still seemed a bit taken aback from the whole thing, though less confused. 

 

  Tiffany, on the other hand, was completely silent, odd but not at the same time for a girl like her. She was examining Hyoyeon thoroughly, from her shoe type to how she speaks. It seemed that ‘H’ was close with Sunny and Sooyoung, but had clearly missed out on the seemingly very important marriage of Jessica and Sooyoung. By her posture and tone of voice, she was a strong minded individual that wanted hard cold facts rather some soft lies. Though on contrary, she had the curiosity of someone different, only focused on one thing and not caring about the rest. 

 

  “You’ll probably meet her later, so don’t worry.” Sunny responded and turned to the zoned out singer across from her, “Why don’t you look around? I don’t know how long ago you’ve last been here, so feel free to venture around.” 

 

  “Thanks Sunny,” Tiffany said, still warm. She began to slowly walk around the first aisles, checking the prices of a few to show that she cared to them.  She had been looking through a clearance rack when she noticed that Hyoyeon was no longer speaking and that Sunny was going on about some relative, nothing to her interest.

 

   That continued to go on for a couple minutes until one of them spoke up, “Hey Tiffany, Sunny said you sing, can you demonstrate for me?” Better than any other question, Tiffany thought. 

 

  “Sure thing, what song?” She headed back to the front, just realizing that the shop had been completely empty except the three of them, unusual for a semi-popular small business. 

 

  “Anyone you want, as long as you sing as well as this one says you do.” Hyoyeon nudged Sunny as she spoke, a friendly teasing gesture, and it appeared to Hwang that she had forgotten about what had been bothering her all that much not too long ago. 

 

 “I’ll sing some Katy Perry for you, as long as you’re fine with that?” Katy Perry was the first artist to come to mind that seemed in the middle, not too bad nor that good.  

 

  “I’m fine with that, now go.” 

 

  She went through a few small voice exercises before actually starting, you can’t just jump in with a good voice you know. The brunette continued on with beginning the song ‘Firework’, one of her personal favorites. Her eyes watched the expressions of the two the whole time, not even surprised by Hyoyeon’s content face. 

 

  “Not too bad,” Hyoyeon interrupted when she was halfway through the song, “do you do birthday parties?” 
 

  Tiffany stopped singing and beamed one of her signature eye smiles, pleasure in her voice, “Thanks, and I’ll do them if you want me to, as long as you pay me.” 

 

   Hyoyeon laughed in response, “I’ll only pay if you dance too.” 

 

 

 “Are you so unsure of my abilities? I can dance too if you want,” Tiffany replied, more serious than her shorter colleague. Apparently that had shocked the other two, as they exchanged curious glances. With no words, Tiffany then began to a medium level dance she had learned from when she took glances in high school. 

 

  “What is this, a talent show?” Taeyeon commented as she strolled inside, Sooyoung a foot or two behind. “I’d expect more people to be here right now, why are there only you guys?” She looked around a bit wonderingly, therefore not expecting her best friend’s surprised hug from the side. 

 

  “Taetae! I knew you’d come!” Tiffany acclaimed, excited. She had invited the shorter girl earlier that day, though she was surprised that she managed to come with her busy schedule. 

 

  “Sooyoung! There you are!” Sunny also cheered, but staying where she was. Hyoyeon also called out, her tone with more irritation rather than joy. 

 

  “Sorry it took me longer than I thought, I was having troubles,” Sooyoung replied, walking over to her two comrades. She leaned against the counter and glanced around for her eyes to accept that there was currently five of them in the building. 

 

  “About time you got here, I was getting worried,” Hyoyeon commented again, crossing her arms across her chest. 

 

  Sooyoung put her arm across her friend’s shoulders and tried smiling to change the subject, “Worried about me? How sweet!” 

 

  “You know what I meant, you weirdo.” Hyoyeon moved the other person’s limb off her body and let it drop. “Now can you please explain what has been happening today?” 

 

  Agh, of course, Sooyoung went out of the mush of people and started sauntering toward an aisle, still trying to distract the conversation away from more explaining. Raising her voice, she said, “How about we talk about that later? I’d rather all five of us go somewhere and have fun, right?” 

 

  “That’s a great idea! We should go to the park!” Tiffany called out in response, peering at the others for confirmation. Three of them agreed, nodding enthusiastically. 

 

  “I’ll just close the shop for today, unless one of the other employees decides to come in,” Sunny added in cheerfully, gesturing her hand to Hyoyeon and Sooyoung so that they could join the crowd toward the door. 

 

  The two came reluctantly met up with them, but were fine with the idea of the group going to the park. While the others walked ahead, Sunny stayed behind to whisper to Sooyoung, “You sure know how to procrastinate don’t you?” 

 


hehehe I don't blame you if you don't like Hyo from first glance. Also you are allowed to call this filler but since hopefully none of you have read this on Soshified you don't know why c: If any of you are reading any of my other stories I sincerely apologize for not updating in over two weeks! I have writer's block for both and have been working on something else, along with school starting.