Good-bye Baby

My Wife Is Straight

yes...it is the last chapter ;; sorry it took so long, I was getting so into the naliz one I forgot about the others! Do not worry though, this isn't the end! There's an epilogue :) (which you'll read later after I finish it lol)


 That was it. The two weeks were over already. Sooyoung was leaving and everything was supposed to be going to back to normal. But that wasn’t going to happen, of course. First of all, a finally happily married couple was going to be broken apart for a little bit. That wouldn’t be the best, especially for this dysfunctional couple. 

 

 But there they were, all four of them. Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, and Jessica. At the airport, waiting for the plane back to Las Vegas. Sooyoung and Jessica weren’t sure what to do next, since there wasn’t anything else to do other than say goodbye. 

 

  Sooyoung’s plane was called when the ‘drama’ began, and everybody was rushing to say the dreaded words that meant leaving each other for an unknown matter of time and returning to life at their original homes. Yuri was the first one to step up for it, hugging the other girl and then going back next to Yoona in front of her. 

 

  “This is goodbye I guess, for now, of course.” Yuri was a bit more outgoing after the proposal was accepted, and became more of an extrovert. “I’m sorry about some things, and thankful. It’s sad that someone had to build a permanent dent in our couch though, that’s unfair.”

 

  Sooyoung nodded, “Next time I come back I’ll buy you a new couch and you give me the old one, since I’ll need one. There’s a good chance I’ll be returning here, permanently. Or else Jessica will have to move to the U.S...countries are quite a problem aren’t they?”

 

  The others agreed and Yoona moved forward for her turn on the train. They repeated the hug and she began to tear up, “It was really n-nice, having you at the apartment, like having our own personal bit of sunshine, just for us. Although you were a bit rude at times but that’s alright, it’s a different culture and all so I guess misunderstandings like that can happen.” She was a bit reluctant to add it but she did anyway, although it wasn’t the best environment to do so. “To be honest, I’m still not fully over you, hah...but I said yes to Yuri after realizing that you were a decoy for my real feelings, which means I guess I am over you, but there’s still something...”

 

  Sooyoung put a hand on her shoulder, “I can understand that, and not to sound rude or anything, but get over me. Quickly as possible so you can spend some quality time with your real affection and not wasting the time crying over me.”

 

  Jessica elbowed Sooyoung for the words and began to apologize by Yoona shook her head in acknowledgement and held Yuri’s hand. “Don’t worry Jessica, it’s fine. She was just speaking honestly, and I accept that.”

 

  Jessica stood back to let it go, and then turned to face her significant other. “That’s goodbye then. I had a great time getting to know you through this past month I’ve known you, Sooyoung, and I hope we can see each other again soon. Don’t cheat on me while you’re gone!” 

 

  Sooyoung chuckled in response, “That’s a good one, because you’re the only one here who’s cheated in an older relationship before. Believe me, there’s some nice looking humans in Vegas, but I’d prefer not dating them due to most of their cocky personalities and the percentage of strippers.”

  Jessica chortled, “I never thought you’d say something negative about strippers.” 

 

 Sooyoung nudged the blonde female, “And I never thought you’d agree to this marriage, but I guess we were both wrong.”

 

  “You’re so cheesy,” Jessica responded and began to speak again but was taken off by a kiss from her spouse. 

 

 “See you sometime soon, Ice Princess,” Sooyoung said, a brightness in her eyes. She put a step forward but Jessica pulled her back once with a tap on the shoulder.

 

 “You too, Irksoo,” was all she replied with the same tease. Sooyoung nodded and faced forward, this time not turning back.

 

 

 

“You’re going too far,” Sunny started while she was laying down on the couch facing upward, her eyes on a tablet game. “It’s just been a month, I’m sure everything’s fine over there. You already call her once a day, why do more?”

 

  “You don’t understand, you’ve never been married before,” the worried woman sat sitting in front of a computer in Sunny’s apartment, her eyes reading Tweets. “I feel like she’ll get hit by a car any minute and I won’t be there and-”

 

  Hands on her shoulders stopped her mid-sentence, “I agree with Sun, you’re going too far with this whole ‘protective’ thing. Just calm yourself down and act cool...it’s not like she’s pregnant or anything.” The latter Hyoyeon added to herself, but Sooyoung could hear it.

  “She better not be pregnant, we promised not to cheat on each other...” 

 

  “Sooyoung! Calm yourself! All will be fine, if she does get really hurt, you’ll be one of the first to know.” Tiffany was also in the room and slapped the girl’s back in an effort to wake her up. She hadn’t gone to South Korea full time yet, although it was certain she was leaving quite soon.

 

  “Fine, fine,” Sooyoung logged out of the social networking site and closed the internet tab on the computer. “You can’t let a girl worry can you?” She shook her head gently while twisting the chair to face the couch. “Sunny, are you winning? I was never good at that game.”

 

  “You can’t technically win in this game, Soo. Anyway, I’m increasing my high score, so yes.” Sunny didn’t look away from the device while speaking, entirely focused. “Hyo, get me some water.”

 

  “I’m not your servant you know, you have legs too and can move them, and should be thankful for that ability,” she responded and sat down on top of the boss’ ankles. “Are you thankful for it now?”

 

  The interruption made her pause the app and set down the tablet on her chest, “Don’t be like that to me! I’m just a feeble boutique owner! I can’t get water myself! Please help!”

 

  “You’re not hurt anywhere, and as far as I know, the amount of cash you have has nothing to do with your body’s ability to move, so you’re fine. On the other hand, if you insist on not moving, I volunteer if you’d like to get hurt.” 

 

 Sunny wasn’t having anymore of it, “Just get it! Please! I’m too comfortable to get cold!” 

 

Hyoyeon got off her feet and held out a hand, “The least I’m going to do is help you up, you’ve been laying there long enough, it’ll be good for you.”

  Sunny rolled her eyes and accepted the hand of help while getting up, “Thanks then.” 

 

 The topic rotated back to Sooyoung after she had gotten her glass of water, “So Soo, why are you becoming the overprotective father in the relationship? Nobody likes somebody like that.”

 

  “I can’t help it, I just constantly worry about her and want to make sure she’s safe. Isn’t that healthy?” Sooyoung replied and swung around in the seat once again, “Part of that is checking any of her social stuff.” She also lightly laughed at the “father” part, are you suggesting something else too Sunny?

  “It is healthy, just you’re going too far. Stop checking so much and worry more about your paycheck, it’s gonna lower if you keep spending less time attending costumers and more on your phone making sure your wife got to work on time.” Sunny made her point and sat back down on her spot on the beige couch, setting down the water.


 “I couldn’t agree more, we’ve all had ‘special someone’s’ and you know we don’t go nearly as overboard as you do. Just chill and rely more on Vegas, and yes, I am telling you to let off some steam and go to one of those fancy resorts for guests.” Tiffany was a normal person in their lives now, going around with them, sometimes adding Taeyeon with her, and enjoying it all. She became more of a trustworthy person and was best at cheering others up, although her dark side wasn’t unknown either.

 

  “I had enough of that when I first moved in, there’s no need for more of it.” It was clear that Sooyoung was against the idea and would rather be back in Korea. 

 

  “I understand, I thought I did too, but they’re amazing when you need them to calm down and think of something different for a change. I go to one every once in awhile to help relieve my stress and think about it again, like having a rebirth.” Hyoyeon added more into the conversation, sitting back down where she was before.

 

  The discussion didn’t last too long and was taken off-topic after Sooyoung ultimately decided to go with their idea and go to one of the hotels slash casinos. The next night she went through the advice and went there, mostly feeling the same when coming back. 

 

   She continued to act fortunately a little less protective and ‘stalkerish’ as more time went by, though the calls continued to be once a day. Sooyoung didn’t care about the phone bill increasing, but about her paycheck. To accommodate with the money, she entered another part-time job at a local art museum. 

 

 Life went normal for Jessica and friends, the double Y couple set a wedding date for some time in the next year. As promised, she didn’t cheat either. She also agreed Sooyoung had gone too far in fretting about her and helped along after getting the news via Tiffany. 

 

  It wasn’t until around a full five months from the visit that Jessica had time to visit the U.S. for five days. The two had become much much closer from those months and were a mixture of best friends and lovers by then. 

 

  Sooyoung laughed to herself as she drove the car toward the airport, only pleasant imaginative thoughts coming to mind. It was such a delight that she was able to see her significant other after so many months, almost like meeting again. Even though the time was going to be short, she hoped they would spend the time like the average couple and hang out with friends. As if on a vacation somewhere together. Maybe we should plan our real honeymoon while she’s here..that’d be nice. 

 

  She arrived at the airport with spot on time and was prepared to carry bags and say hello. It was unexpected when she noticed a large amount of what looked like fans surround somebody when they walked in, and the volume of the whole airport rose. Wonder who it is... Sooyoung moved slowly toward the populated area with curiosity of what famous person it was and if she knew who it was. 

 

  But suddenly the most unexpected happened. The female that walked through the loud and obnoxious fans was somebody too familiar, and the fact she was with a now brunette Jessica-looking person made it more confusing. Why would she come with Yoona’s sister? Of all people to go with... The two were just walking like old friends while Joohyun stopped sometimes to sign random things and then kept walking. 

 

  The Jessica-doppelganger eventually slid out of the spotlight and into the crowd, also being bombarded by the fans, asking her how they she knew the star on a personal level. The female ignored them and headed straight to Sooyoung, her luggage trailing behind her on wheels.

 

  “Sooyoung!” The woman ran over after the followers dispersed closer toward her and Sooyoung began to wonder what had happened. 

 

  A hug began but was broken by Sooyoung, “Wait, wait, what happened to your hair? It’s sort of shorter now, and brown! Did you start taking drugs? Why’d you come with Yoona’s sister? Did you want to attract attention to yourself? Are you surely okay? How’s Tiffany? Do you see her much? Has Joohyun talked to her?” 

 

  Jessica nodded, “Of course I am! I just changed myself a little to impress you, is that bad? Illegal? I don’t think so, so we’re fine. Now say a proper hello to your wife before she gets upset and walks back to the famous person.”

 

  Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “You were always weird. Come here my Ice Princess,” she called and the two hugged together like two missing siblings. It wasn’t until a little later that she thought of a brilliant idea. 

 

  “Just to bring back old times...do you take my hand in marriage?” Sooyoung asked sweetly as they embraced, enjoying every tiny moment of it. Although they weren’t really tiny, each second stretched out to hours while the hug lasted.

 

  “I do,” Jessica responded with the same amount of sugar, raising one leg to copy the girls in the movies. The two grinned at each other, a subtle but meaningful gesture, to tell the other about the eagerness to share a kiss. And that kiss was shared.