Change

My Wife Is Straight

I meant to put this earlier but oh well ;-; Thanks for your small input lol I'll hopefully to remember two days! I was sorta watching a movie while going over this one so if some sentences don't make sense sorry! The next chapter was voted one's favorite in part one so hehehe 


“Yeah, I’ll be on my way soon, don’t worry,” Jessica replied to the recipient on the phone, her tone steady and almost mother-like. “I know, I know, now just wait.” She disconnected the phone afterward and set the phone on the nearby table. 

 

  “Are you sure about this, Sica?” Another voice from the room spoke to the blonde woman, her voice a bit frantic and worrisome compared to the others. “You seem like you really don’t wanna tell them, you lied to cover it up! Why tell them now?” 

 

  Jessica took the other person’s shoulders in her hands tightly, “Because it’s either now or when I get back home in Korea. Now, which feels better to you?” Dropping the other person’s shoulders, she raised her hands on the same level in front of herself, “In another country where I can run away anywhere if they want to kill me,” she paused again to raise her left hand, “or South Korea, where I have not too many places to escape to because they have people living there all over the country?” She lowered her right hand and looked the taller girl in the eye. “Hm?”

 

  “Well,” Jessica could tell that Sooyoung’s mind was going through various thoughts, a majority of them having to do with her, and she wasn’t a bit surprised by her response. “You really sure? You haven’t had this kind of confidence at all since I met you, what happened?” 

 

 Jessica shrugged, “Something just came to me last night.” To be true, last night while the two were going to bed, Jessica got a text from Yoona that reassured her that if she said anything, not matter how shocking, that they would remain friends. The words gave her the amount of confidence to tell Yuri it all, and bring Sooyoung along with her at that, and if she’s too mad at me, I’ll run away. 

 

  “How are you even serious? I’ve known you for two and a half days and I’m honestly really surprised by this behavior. Do you usually just randomly come up all excited and positive like this? Or are you drunk again?” Sooyoung began fretting more, it really felt illogical for these things to happen. 

 

  Just last night she was normal as ever; texting people on her phone while on her laptop, talking to Sooyoung when one of them roused conversation, and rejecting the dinner that Sooyoung made but eventually giving up and ate it. But earlier that morning, she was energetic and was smiling way too much to be the normal Jessica Jung. Sooyoung first guessed that she was happy because that she had only had to work from 3 to 7PM, but then she asked Sooyoung to make her breakfast, something that she didn’t do once from the time they met. 

 

  “I’m perfectly fine, don’t worry.” Jessica paused to jump onto the bed and get seated into a comfortable position where her feet dangled off the covers. “Now, do you think we can go to that frozen yogurt place by one? I already agreed with Yuri to meet her there, so we sorta have to.” 

 

  Sooyoung knew that she’d rather enjoy this new act rather than disagree to it, so she just nodded along. “Sure, which one? You have specify with frozen yogurt places here, they’re pretty popular to be honest.” 

 

  “Oh, sure. Which one has the best food? I can text Yuri where it is after you tell me,” Jessica said, her phone in her hands before Sooyoung could notice. 

  “Go to Yogurt Paradise, it’s both the cheapest and best tasting that’s close by. It’s only about five minutes or so in car and it’s not hard to get there either,” Sooyoung replied and looked at the clock on the nightstand to the right side of the bed, and to her surprise, it was already 11:30 in the morning. 

 

  “Got it, thanks,” Jessica jotted down something on her phone with flying fingers and Sooyoung shrugged, thinking through the pros and cons of Jessica’s new way of actions. 

 

  “So Jessica, why do you plan to bring me along? Isn’t it going to get her mad enough just by you telling her about ‘us’, do you really have to take me with you?” Sooyoung asked, and before the other person could respond, she asked yet another question. “Why are you telling them in the first place? I thought you weren’t going to even mention me until we were at South Korea.” 

 

  Jessica caught on to where the conversation was going and replied slyly, “You’re coming for clarification that I wasn’t lying.” Sooyoung noticed as she watched Jessica that she didn’t touch  about why she was exposing it to the public, that was her job! Not letting her question unremarked, she kept a hard stare on the golden haired female, hoping that she would be forced to respond from annoyance.

 

  To Sooyoung’s triumph, it wasn’t long before Jessica commented about the latter question, an irritated and plain expression on her face. “Didn’t I tell you earlier? It’s easier saying it here rather than Korea, and it’s easier just telling them from my face more than them finding about it from some hints or something that could give away it all.” 

 

 The taller woman’s face was shocked, but only slightly, because it didn’t surprise her that she wanted to say it to her friends herself instead of them finding out from something and getting mad at her for not telling them herself. She then preceded to sit down to the right of Jessica on the bed and grabbed out her cell phone, “So did you fix your password from last time?” 

 

  Jessica was a bit confused at first and then a small chuckle escaped from , “Oh that?” She then pushed Sooyoung on the side teasingly, “Of course I did! I wouldn’t want some snoopy person to go through it again, would I?” 

 

  Sooyoung went along with it, happy at the thought that Jessica was warming up better to her now that she’s changed. “Why are you looking at me? I haven’t stolen your phone once!” 

 

  Jessica laughed at the sarcasm and added her own, “Certainly you’ve never taken my phone. Let alone looked through it!” 

 

  Sooyoung nodded, a smile on her face, “Good you feel the same way.” 

 

 

It was time to leave to see Yuri before they knew it, and to Sooyoung’s relieve Jessica almost seemed normal again while they were waiting for her friend in Yogurt Paradise. 

 

  “I’m nervous,” Jessica confessed next to Sooyoung as they were choosing from the frozen yogurt buffet of flavors and toppings that was main attraction of the place. 

 

  “It was your choice to do this,” Sooyoung replied as she dropped some chocolate sprinkles on top of her semi-large amount of frozen yogurt. 

 

  “I know but-” Jessica was cut off in the middle of her thought when she noticed the size of the other woman’s food. “What are you doing? Eating the whole store? It costs more the heavier it is, you know.” 

 

  Sooyoung shrugged, “That’s fine, I got the money. Are you only going to eat that?” She pointed at Jessica’s average amount of frozen yogurt, yet again only somewhat surprised by the quantity of food. 

 

  “Normal people eat this much, not everyone shoves down whatever’s edible near them all the time like you.” Jessica added and took a small scoop of the rainbow sprinkles to spread across her dessert. She walked toward the counter to pay, her following. 

 

  “That’s $7.47,” the employee said to Sooyoung after Jessica had paid for herself and left to go back to their table. Fortunately she wasn’t lying earlier and had enough to spend on their makeshift lunch. 

 

  When she had returned to the table, Jessica was already chowing down on hers. Immediately after she sat down her eyes flashed toward the door, searching for the woman she had seen two days ago briefly at the restaurant. 

 

   “Do you see her?” It was obvious that she was trying to keep her voice calm, though there were different hints of worry and anxiousness in it. 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head and took a bite of her food, “Nope.” She continued talking after yet another bite, “Are you okay? You sounded a bit hesitant earlier.” 

 

  Jessica nodded cutely and gulped, “I think I am. I know there’s no turning back now,” she stuttered the next words, “Honestly..I’m..I’m a bit scared.” 

 

  “Of what?” Bad timing Kwon Yuri, Sooyoung thought as the woman took a seat from a table nearby and sat in it, a curious expression on her face. 

 

  “Oh hi Yuri!” Jessica’s tone switched completely, from near tears of concern to earlier that morning. “How’ve you been? Everything good?”

 

  The black-haired female shared a little bit wary smile, “Great, and you?” Sooyoung noticed that her eyes mainly focused on Jessica, barely letting a glance at herself. 

 

  Jessica shrugged in response, “Not too bad myself. Do you want some frozen yogurt?” Sooyoung noticed the tone was goody-two-shoes like and preventing her to get in trouble almost, but she didn’t even mention me yet.

 

  Yuri shook her head, “No thanks, I’m not that hungry.” She set her eyes on Sooyoung’s bowl and commented, “But it looks like your friend sure is.” 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head angrily but then decided it was best just to introduce herself first before Yuri really does something to get her irritated. She put out her hand friendly, though her words said the opposite, “My name isn’t ‘friend’ you know. It’s Choi Sooyoung.” I have to stay open for her friends, I don’t know how many of them are just murders that are good actors. 

 

  Yuri reluctantly shook her hand and tried to wear an affable smile to take away the awkward atmosphere, “I’m Kwon Yuri.” Her eyes read Sooyoung’s body up and down quickly before turning back to Jessica, “Isn’t she one of those interns from the other day?” 

 

 Jessica gulped down another scoop of frozen yogurt and shook her head, “She was there, but she’s not an intern.” 

 

  Sooyoung noticed a spark of curiosity in Yuri’s eyes as she asked the next question, “You said she was, and from here too. But what I’m getting from her name, she seems to be from Korea.” Sooyoung swallowed as her female partner’s friend leaned closer to Jessica, her eyes squinted with seriousness, “If you lied about her then, what is she?” 

 

  At that moment Jessica’s face was the most nervous face she had ever seen, and a billion and two thoughts went through her mind trying to find the right words for it. She began the sentence, stuttering, “S-she’s..m-my...” Fortunately, Sooyoung decided that Jessica looked too flustered and stood up from her seat to stand right next to Jessica herself. 

 

  “I’m her wife.”