Why think?

My Wife Is Straight

Sorry for the long wait! I kept being preoccupied! But this chapter is really cute so don't worry! There's a surprise at the end!! I love you~ Keep reading please! <3 


 

It was the first time that the ‘newlyweds’ were alone since the return to South Korea, and they were sitting on the swings in an empty playground drinking yogurt. 

  “So Sooyoung,” Jessica started slowly while pushing her legs forward lightly, “anything you’d like to do in Korea now that the cat’s out of the bag? Yell off a mountain? Look at the best sights?”

 

  The taller female shrugged, “Not really, I’ve done most of those things with Yoona. But that leads me to a question.” She paused for a second before continuing, “Does she not have a job? I’ve been here for a week and she hasn’t left to go to work once...”

 

  Jessica nodded, “She does have a job, but she works there rarely, mostly when they really need her. It’s sort of a thing between the boss and her, to work ‘on call’ like that. Don’t worry, she gets paid, but noticeably less than her coworkers.”

 

  “Why does she do that? She doesn’t have anything to keep all her attention I think,” Sooyoung said curiously, drinking more of the yogurt.  

 

  “Ah, the reason behind that is peculiar, but I’m not very sure I want to tell you,” Jessica replied teasingly and swung higher, looking around casually. “You want me to?”

  Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “Of course! You can tell me anything!”

 

 “Alright,” Jessica smiled and slowed down her swinging to be at the same speed as the other person’s, “she has this problem with working with some certain people at her work. Okay, you’d think her boss would be all ‘ it up like a man’ and stuff? Nope. He lets her be on-call and pretty much lets her do anything, it’s like he’s her personal protector or something like that. Poor guy, I hope he knows that Yoona isn’t interested.”

 

  Sooyoung really couldn’t believe what was just told, “She couldn’t work with certain people? Are you serious? Are you really serious? That’s such an idiotic reason for someone not to go to work!” She was getting angry without realizing it and sighed, “What job is this?”

 

 Jessica shrugged, “At some department store, but really I know it’s really stupid, but let her be. She’s happy as she is and so is everybody else, she knows that she’ll return as a regular worker soon enough but just not right now, especially because of you visiting and her charity work getting out of hand lately.”

 

  Sooyoung shook her head, “I really find this unbelievable, how can her coworkers still like her if she gets such unfair treatment? I feel bad for them all now, including her. Did you know she was almost crying yesterday after your talk with her? What did you do? Crush her dreams or something?” She turned to looked at the blonde better questioningly, “If you did that to Yoona-”

 

  Jessica interrupted harshly, “No, no, no. I did nothing, I swear. She was just really surprised from what I told her, that’s all, I’m 100% sure I didn’t crush her dreams.” Was she really that surprised? I didn’t think it was like that? Am I too straight for it to be that shocking? Did I do something wrong?

 

  “Really? What did you tell her? It must’ve really shook her up then,” Sooyoung looked down at the light brown dirt, starting to get more intrigued by the conversation. 

 

  “It was just...something, nothing you need to know, that is,” Jessica quickly summed up the sentence and got up from her seat almost immediately, as if somebody had called her. 

 

 “Ah, Mrs. Jung, you’re hiding it from me,” Sooyoung pointed out and also stood up, setting down her drink and stretching her body in different forms, from touching her toes to demonstrating a backbend. “Okay, you can tell me now, I’m ready.”

 

  Jessica shook her head a million different ways in exaggeration, “No, no, no, you’re not knowing this thing, and I’ll make sure Yoona doesn’t tell it either.”

  “Ayee, that’s unfair! Can’t you give me a little hint?” Sooyoung put on her whining act and bent lower, “Please! Pretty pretty please!”

 

   Jessica shook her body lightly, “No! It’s only between Yoona and I, okay? You don’t need to know, I don’t even know too much about you, so why should I tell you my secret?”

 

  Sooyoung sighed and lowered her shoulders, “Fine, I’ll tell you more about me, then will you tell me?”

 

  Jessica tapped her lips gently with her right index finger, “Maybe...but there’s a large probability I won’t.”

 

  The other girl automatically straightened up with a smile, “That’s a maybe! Okay, what do you want to know?”

 

  “About your family,” Jessica straight out said and added lowly to herself, “my spy didn’t give me enough information.”

 

  Sooyoung sighed, “Is that all you talk about?” She sighed and then continued, “Anyway, we’re a family of four originally, but then my parents divorced and I got a step-dad and eventually a half-brother. They’re good people, but I still prefer my own dad. Anyway, then three years ago there was an...accident and my older sister died....my family and I have been more distant since then...”

 

  Jessica couldn’t fight the urge anymore and let herself embrace Sooyoung, her arms a little above her waist, “Awh, that’s so sad.” 

 

 “It’s alright, I guess,” Sooyoung’s voice was filled with awkwardness and she was the first to break the hug. “Are you alright? Did you take drugs and change randomly again? Because as far as I know you wouldn’t try to hug me.”

 

  Jessica shrugged, “I have feelings too you know, and if I think you should be hugged because I feel bad for you, I’ll hug you.” 

 

  Sooyoung nodded slowly, “Okay, you’re right, you have feelings too. I knew you did, just, I didn’t expect you to do that.”

 

  Jessica agreed silently, “You could think that, true. Anyway, thank you for giving me that information! It’s sad you’re not close with your family, they’re the worst and best people in the world.”

 

  Sooyoung sighed and looked down, “Right, I know.” But she turned up and changed the subject, “Can you tell me now? I was cooperative and told you!”

 

  “Nope, let’s go and let me show you my people,” Jessica set her arm inside the nick of Sooyoung’s, like a girl would do with her boyfriend when going to a dance, and swept out her other as if showing her piece of land to a minor. 

 

  “I am part of your people, remember? There isn’t much I have an urge to see,” Sooyoung admitted and moved her arm out of the blonde girl’s, an odd look on her face. “Are you alright? You’re acting weird lately and it worries me...”

 

  Jessica shook her head slowly, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to come off this strongly. It feels...different now, to be honest. I don’t know why either.”

 

  Sooyoung shrugged, “Well, that can happen. Anyway,” she was quick to redirect whatever what going to come out Jessica’s mouth, logical or not, “I have something I want to do now.”

 

  The other girl straightened up immediately, “What is it? I can do it with you!” She practically screamed it out crazily, which made her spouse only worry more.

  Sooyoung held out her arms, her hands holding onto Jessica’s shoulders. She shook them roughly then stopped abruptly, “Get yourself together! Let’s go home where you can shower and release whatever the heck is making you like this, then we can go where I want to.”

 

  Fortunately the other woman couldn’t agree more, “Smart idea, I feel like I’m half drunk at the moment and a nice shower would really help it.” With that, the odd couple returned to Yoona and Yuri’s eleventh level apartment.

 

 

 

 “Babo-yah!* Do you want her to know as soon as you decide that you sorta like her?” Yoona’s fist was in the air near her friend’s face, her tone too strong to be kidding. Jessica if you did anything more stupid than that I will no doubt punch your face in...

 

  Jessica cringed away instinctively, “Don’t hurt me! I didn’t mean to! Our conversation was getting boring and I had to spice it up, plus I was half drunk so don’t blame me.” 

 

  Yoona rolled her eyes, “Yeah, so I have to blame the not-even-alcoholic drink? Use your noggin before ‘spicing’ up a conversation by speaking nonsense, you have it for a reason.” She tapped Jessica’s head with her index finger with a medium force and pointed to the door of the bathroom the two resided in, “You see, out there, there’s a girl who wants a visit to an amusement park with you, and if you don’t want to make use of that opportunity to get to know each other and bond, that girl Yuri and I will generously steal those tickets to Lotte World and take Sooyoung along with us.”

 

  Jessica sighed and finished putting on her makeup, “Do I look okay? My hair look good? I do intend on opening that door and having an enjoyable day today with her, you know. I will make it happen, I will make this marriage happen.”

 

  And I’m here to ruin it, was the first thought that corrupted Yoona’s mind after those words. But she set a smile to her lifelong friend, “I hope you will. You look gorgeous, now go out there and show her how to strut.”  

 

  That sent out a chuckle to the other person, “Thanks for the critique Yoongie, but I got this down flat. I can make this work out simple as pie, all I have to do is explain to everybody who doesn’t know and then accept it, right?”

 

  But Yoona’s patience was decreasing, “That’s some of it, but not nearly all of it. We can work it all out later, but for now, it’s already nearing noon and you know how busy those places get by now.” 

 

  Jessica nodded and opened the door to the bathroom, “You’re right, we can discuss this more later on. Have fun with Yuri, play some board games or something, it feels like you two haven’t done that in awhile.” 

 

  Yoona shrugged gently while following the blonde through the door, “I might do that, but only the other party accepts of course.” 

 

  “I’m sure she will,” Jessica responded and turned to look at Sooyoung, who was leaning casually on the couch as if she owned the place. Of course she would adapt so quickly, Jessica thought and made a ‘come here’ motion with her fingers. “We’re going to the amusement park, it’s only about an hour and a half or so from here so we should hurry.”

 

  “You’re right, let’s go! Don’t feel lonely you two, you have each other remember?” Sooyoung called as she hurriedly followed her wife out the front door, “We’ll be back when the park closes!”

 

  That’s all I can remember, Yoona thought and rolled her eyes after the door was closed behind them. She turned around to face her roommate, “Do you think something’s odd with those two?”

 

  Yuri shook her head in disagreement, straightening the newspaper in front of her eyes, “Seem normal to me, like an average married couple. Why? Is there something wrong you noticed?”

 

  Yoona shook her head, “Just speculating, because there seems like there’s a little something that’s odd.”

 

  “Maybe that’s just you,” Yuri suggested and grabbed for the pen on the coffee table a few feet away, “since we’re alone, can you help me figure out today’s crossword?”

 

 

 

  The amusement park was the most fun that Jessica had in a long, long time. She couldn’t believe how fast the time had passed when they were looking at the stars from the Ferris wheel. Throughout the whole day they went on various fun rides and played games, eating and chatting filled with laughter in between. The day had gone in Jessica’s mental list of “best five days of my life.” 

 

  “Now Sica,” Sooyoung began quietly from her seat. “I know you enjoyed the day, but I don’t think you really meant it.”

 

  “What do you mean? Can’t you see how much I actually mean it?” Jessica stretched her arms in front of her and shrugged, “You don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to.”

 

  “Good, because I don’t,” Sooyoung teased and poked Jessica’s closest side, “prove it to me Ice Princess.”

 

  “And how would I do that Irksoo?” From earlier that afternoon they had began to get in the habit of calling each other by their selected nicknames, because they were getting tired of the full name. “Sign some page of confirmation or something?”

 

 

  Sooyoung disagreed once again, “No, I’m not that crazy about it. Just show me and I’ll truly believe your words.”

 

  “What do you mean? Should I write down my favorite parts on a piece of paper?” Jessica was contemplating about what Sooyoung had meant in her head while her eyes searched the night sky for some help. 

 

  “No,” Sooyoung responded quickly in Korean and a smile flashed on her beautiful face. “You probably won’t ever guess it, so I’ll give you a hint.” She leaned a bit closer to Jessica and whispered, “It’s something crazy that requires no thought.”

 

  The blonde’s head turned to the side, “Don’t tell me I have to jump off of this, because I’m not dying to show you my word.”
 

  “I’m not that crazy,” Sooyoung reminded her and leaned back on the farther side of the seat. “Just think thoughtless thoughts and you’ll find it.”

 

  After forty-five or so seconds of silence Jessica turned to look her date in the face, “You don’t mean...”

 

  “No! I’m not that erted either, okay.”

 

  Another short wait and Jessica spoke again, “So..you mean tamer? I could do that...if you insist.” Her cheeks blushed a deep red and her head turned down at their feet. Don’t do it! Don’t do it! Don’t do it! was all her head was screaming at Jessica while she wandered through the pros and cons of the consequence. “No, we shouldn’t. Never.”

 

  “That’s why I said not thinking,” Sooyoung also blushed, a darker pink instead of red, and smiled sheepishly. “We don’t have to, since you’re so against it.” She lifted up her legs and moved them, “Although we are married I doubt we actually did this during it.”

 

  “You...never know. We could’ve.”

 

  “Yeah, but I forget it all, so maybe we should try again, for my memory’s sake.” Sooyoung added lightly and slid her body closer to Jessica. 

 

  Jessica’s shoulders went up and down, “Well, if it’s important for our memory, we could do it. But I guess it should be sho-” she was in the middle of her sentence when she was interrupted by the other girl’s lips pressing against her own. She sighed mentally and kissed back, every thought leaving her head.