Confessions

My Wife Is Straight

At last, a new chapter! I'm going to put in a new suprise soon (after I figure out how & where to put it in huehue) so look forward to it! The story will be longer than originally this time c: I hope you like this great chapter, it's not bad~ 


 “You kissed?” Yoona’s voice was raised a bit too much while she was talking to the now even happier couple. “Meaning you’re mutual on the whole marriage thing? One person doesn’t hate it? You’re both...fine?”

 

  Yuri tapped her friend heartily, “I told you they were fine! See right there, they even shared a kiss, probably wasn’t a bbo bbo either if I know Jessica enough.” Sooyoung also knew that “bbo bbo” was a short and cute kiss, and that Yuri really did Jessica enough. 

 

  “Shut up!” Jessica’s ears reddened and she smiled, “You don’t have to advertise me like that.”

 

 “Ah right,” Yuri responded and chuckled again, “that’s your wife’s job.” 

 

“Ehhh,” Sooyoung had been in Korea long enough by then that she’d had already had some common terms and expressions used. It also helped how often the group was mixing Korean into their English, sometimes it even began to become full Korean. “You don’t have to say that, I can only show her off for another three days, you have the permission to do it the rest.”

 

  “Really? Three days? How so? Has time gone by that fast?” Yuri turned her head to face Sooyoung better, “How can that happen? Our poor friend Sooyoung will be leaving soon!”

 

  “That said, we’re going to spend the next three days, including today, doing things any couple would want to do,” Jessica grinned, although a part of her wasn’t as happy. “Although we aren’t the average couple, we still no doubt want to put a lock on the Namsan Tower with our names on it.”

 

  “Well, everybody wants to do that,” Yuri added with a clear tone, “I do that once a year, sometimes twice. It’s a cool thing to see where your last lock went to during the elapsed time.”

 

  “When I was in high school we did that and I searched for it last year, almost completely covered by others, you won’t believe how many locks there are there!” Jessica exclaimed cheerfully and nudged a strangely silent Yoona. “Hey,” she began whispering, “don’t show your sadness until the day she does leave, okay? We’re all upset she has to leave, but you don’t see everybody pouting.”

 

  “I know, I know,” Yoong shrugged and put her head fully to address everybody, “I went there just three weeks ago, Seoul is fun when you have the time.”

 

    Sooyoung nodded gleefully, “Of course I know, we plan on leaving for around that area at around 7:30, so we can get there around 9. We don’t have much time left together until I leave, so we’re trying to use it wisely.”

 

  Yuri agreed, “Of course, very smart choice. I’m so happy you’re finally beginning to love each other like a married couple should.”

 

  Yoona’s face still wasn’t calmed down, but she tried to levitate her voice enough to sound normal, “Looks like I was right about you guys in the beginning, Yuri, you owe me 5,000 won (very roughly $5).” She held out her hand and Yuri sighed, rolling her eyes in protest, even though she still gave up the money from her wallet without any response. Although the only thing I can wish now is that you break up...

 

  “You two made a bet?” Sooyoung acclaimed in awe, while Jessica looked down in dismay, whispering “I knew they would” under her breath. 

 

  “Of course! I don’t see why you’re so surprised, you’ve known us for nearly two weeks now,” Yuri sounded a bit too cheerful for a person who just lost a bet. “It’s one of our things, especially with Jessica’s love life.”

 

  “Please don’t mention-” Jessica whimpered quietly but the two Y’s ignored her, bringing up the thing she really didn’t want them to. 

 

  “We even made a bet on if Daewook would cheat on her or not, I’m so happy I trusted my Yul senses,” Yuri shined a brazen smile and elbowed Yoona, “She actually trusted that punk not to cheat on our Jess, but I knew him well enough that I was sure he’d think he was some pimp and cheat on her within the first month. Although I was wrong there, he did cheat in the long run, so..”

 

  “Stop bragging!” Yoongie whined and imitated a punch in the air, “This’ll happen to you if you keep letting your Yul senses get the best of you!”

 

 Yuri put her friend in a headlock and moved around the top of the other girl’s hair teasingly, “And this is what’ll happen if you keep complaining.”

 

  Yoona unraveled under Yuri’s grasp and sat up correctly again, attempting to fix her hair as quickly as she could. “You’re gonna regret that later.”

 

  “Speaking of it getting later, I have to return home by now. Daewook oppa’s finally all out so I can go back and live there again. I’m gonna go,” Jessica interrupted and hugged everybody briefly before escaping out the front door. 

 

  Almost immediately Yoona had the idea of do something she never would’ve thought of doing before, but since Sooyoung was only remaining in their apartment for another few days, she knew her time was limited. After their guest had made herself comfortable and Yuri was in her room watching something Yoona guessed was sports or politics, she scooted over and sat down next to the girl she knew she had not one chance with. You have this...no more hiding it, just give it your all.

 

  And so the procession began, “S-sooyoung, I have something important to tell you.” Yoona mentally scolded herself for stuttering, but it was obvious to happen while confessing.

 

  “Hm?” She took a picture in her mind of the innocent Sooyoung’s face, not a hint of suspicion in her beauteous features. “What is it? Is there a new movie you wanna show me? I’m in the mood for a movie tonight.”

 

  Yoona shook her head in dismay, preparing herself for the very obvious answer. “No, not a movie, it’s...um..regarding myself, and you.” She fought her eyes to stay on Sooyoung’s face, which wouldn’t have been hard any other day, but she didn’t have such a large guilt on her back. 

 

  “Really?” Sooyoung positioned herself to look at the younger female better, still completely comfortable and clueless of what was to come. “Please don’t tell you’re kicking me out, you can let me chill here for another three days can’t you? I know I’m annoying but you’ve stuck with me for ten days already so it won’t be that bad and-”

 

  “It’s the opposite, actually,” Yoona was still overwhelmingly shy when it came to these types of things, especially to someone who was already in a relationship. Sooyoung’s expression became wholly curious about what she was going to say, and she knew it was time.  Taking in one big breath, she whispered quickly, “I...I really like you.” 

 

  “Huh? Did you just say...what I think you said? But, that’s unbelievable. I had always thought Yuri and you were gonna be a ‘thing’...I never even thought about one of you two liking me that way.” Sooyoung automatically flashed her head to the couch, feeling a mixture of flattery and bewilderment. “It’s kinda...weird, but complimentary at the same time. Thank you, really.”

 

  “You’re welcome..I guess,” Sooyoung felt much more awkward now than their first meeting, since they both knew she didn’t feel the same way. “I’m not even going to say it, because you know my response. Just...don’t go too hard on yourself, alright? We’ll just pretend this never happened, but we’ll both know that it did, okay?” Sooyoung held out her hand and smiled motherly, “Let’s be friends, because I think you’re looking for someone else.” She hoped Yoona understood her undertone about Yuri, since it looked like those two were meant for each other.

 

  Yoona toughed it out and found the strength to high-five back, trying her best to hold in tears. She swallowed before speaking, “I agree, let’s just be friends.” 

  That was one of the most meaningful and motivating conversations she ever had, Sooyoung decided. 

 

 

  “Get out of your room Yoong! You’ve been in there a full twenty-four hours! I need to talk to you soon!” Yuri didn’t mention the fact that it was very important and that she had a little black box hidden in her pocket. “Come out and eat something with me, Sooyoung’s off with Jessica so I’ve been alone and it’s getting boring!"

 

  “Only twenty-four hours? It feels like a lifetime!” Yoona screamed back through the door in distress, covering her head with her pillow again. “Tell me when they come back!”

 

  Drama queen, Yuri rolled her eyes and put her hand on the handle of the wooden entrance. “I’m gonna come in, because I have something very very important to ask you later tonight so you need to shower and get dressed up.”

 

  “What is it? Are you lending me money again? Because that’s not very important, but I might accept it without a fight this time. If it’s not,” Yuri heard the other girl leap off of the bed and open her door enough to see a part of her face, “why is it so important?”

 

  Yuri sighed, it was hard not to give in for that face, but she still managed to do it. “Because it’s important, that’s why. You’ll see later, now go get cleaned and have a snack before we leave.”

 

  The pink door opened within the next couple seconds and her roommate exited, “This better be good to interrupt my sulking time.” She fast walked right through the dining room, passing Yuri and heading right to the bathroom. 

 

  “Why were you sulking in the first place?” Yuri wondered while following right behind the shorter girl through their apartment. 

 

  “You’ll find out later,” Yoona argued as she started the shower water, letting out a low moan. “However important this is I doubt it’s significant enough to disrupt what I was doing.”

 

  “I assure you, it’s significant enough to disrupt your pouting and significant enough to disrupt almost anything,” Yuri responded, sliding her hand into her pocket to feel around it, holding it securely. 

 

  “Don’t tell me you’re expecting a mini Yul, because I don’t want a permanent guest and some little kid running around our apartment,” Yuri thought it was amusing that pregnancy was the first thing that came to Yoona’s mind at ‘very important news’. 

 

  But yet again she wasn’t letting any little thing go, “You’ll see.” Yoona let out a humph of failure and closed the bathroom door behind her with a bang.

 

   Yuri waited patiently while she showered and was stuck in a state of worrying the whole half hour, still not sure what to do. “We haven’t even dated, why would she say yes?” She asked herself while her pacing increased in speed, “But I mean, we are really close...what if she thinks us like close friends?” All the worst thoughts ran into her mind and she sat down on one of the seats at the dining table, her finger nails near in worry. 

 

  “Yuri unnie,” her head flashed to the bathroom where Yoona was with a towel over herself and a separate one curling her hair above her head, “do I need to dress fancily because it’s important? You somewhat classy right now but I don’t know about me.”

 

  “Semi-fancy is good, go with that.” Yuri nodded, both to herself and Yoona, because she was sure if she said to look elegant it would be overdone. 

  It was another forty-five minutes later that Yoona was finished, and by that time Yuri was sure she had thought about it too much by then. It was bad to rent that balloon guy and the pianist? I hope doesn’t suspect anything weird from seeing a piano in the middle of a park...

  

 

  “What it is Yul? Why do you have to cover my eyes? Don’t tell me you’ve set up some special thing for me, just because I was sulking. Although that would be really sweet and-” Yoona wondered out loud while walking to the side of Yuri with a blindfold on and Yuri’s own hand covering her eyes for more protection. 

 

  “Do you want me to cover your mouth too? Try your best to shut it or I’ll cancel everything,” Yuri warned, although she knew it was a lie. You’re lucky today was the best day I could do this, okay?

 

  “Right,” Yoona muttered and it was silent from then on. They walked together like that for a little bit more until they came to a white gazebo with flowers around it, balloons also decorating the outside of it. 

 

  “We’re here!” Yuri exclaimed and released her palm off the other female’s face, being the most nervous while she continued to take off the blindfold. Yuri sighed and looked down at her shoes, “I know it looks cheesy but-”

 

  “Yuri, did you prepare this?” Yoona asked in bewilderment, her eyes full of wonder. She looked all around the gazebo and outside of it, awing in amazement.

 

“The decorations are so beautiful! I love everything!” She did a small open dance around in a small circle but stopped in confusion, “Why did you do this though? Is today some special day that I forgot?”

 

  “Hopefully it will be in the future,” Yuri muttered almost silently to herself and changed her vision to address Yoona easier, “not in particular, but it might be. Do you want to go take a seat?” She gestured her hand over to the left bench inside the gazebo and Yoona blushed before walking in, nodding cheekily.

 

  Yuri made a secretive second gesture to the pianist about ten feet away, and a children’s book was suddenly thrown into the gazebo. She chortled and grabbed it off the wooden floor, her feet leading her over to sit next to Yoona.

 

  “Omo! That’s the book I wrote in 2nd grade!” Yoona gasped in disbelief, a questioning look on her face. “How’d you get this? I thought I lost this a long time ago!”

  “Your mom is such a er for me, she looked all over the house for it for two weeks when I asked for it. I’m so thankful for her determination,” she paused to shrug her shoulders and tilt her head to one side, “I guess the reason enough was why.”

 

  “Why did you need it? For this? Is it White Day? Or are you just filming one of those harsh hidden cameras?” Yoona was still moderately perplexed, which was a good thing for Yuri. 

 

  “Let’s read this again though, for good times,” Yuri interrupted the younger girl and nudged her shoulder, opening the book across their laps. Yoona didn’t say anything in agreement as they read it out loud. A couple comments came from both of them and nearly tears of laughter, due to Yoona’s terrible handwriting and grammar, not including the messy plot and characters all in one fifteen paged book. 

 

  Yuri stopped right before the last page, holding it there. “Why don’t you turn the page? I wanna know what the last page says, probably ‘Da End’ or something like that.” Yoona whined after a couple seconds and tried to budge Yuri’s arm cutely, along with a cute expression. 

 

  It wasn’t anywhere near long when Yuri gave up and turned the page, preparing herself for what she was going to say next. Yoona’s eyes widened as Yuri gave her the book and turned the page. 

 

  “What is this? ‘Yoona, I know there’s a huge chance you’ll say no, I have to give it a try because I’ve loved you for many years silently and even though we’ve never officially dated once, I want to ask you this question’? Are you...” her voice dropped in surprise while Yuri went down on one knee and held out the ring nervously in front of her to face Yoona, another gesture for the pianist. 

 

  “The page says it all, my friend. Will you...marry me?”