Help

My Wife Is Straight

sorry this was later I forgot about it momentarily oopsy ;-; I'll bring the next chapter sooner don't worry! extra kpop points if you know who the groups are Jessica mentions hurhurhur i wanted to be fun and change them around ok. thank you all for reading again!


“Does this look nice?” Sooyoung queried from her closet, throwing a pair of short-shorts and a shirt onto her bed. After throwing another pair of clothes she added, “Don’t just stand there, look at them.” 

 

  Jessica shook her head quickly to regain her consciousness into the conversation, it appeared strange to her, being in another woman’s room as she looked through her clothes looking for something good to wear for her trip to another country. I feel like a teenager again... She looked at the outfit that Sooyoung had addressed to her and shrugged, “If you like it enough to wear it, then wear it. I shouldn’t influence your decision on what to wear.” 

 

  Sooyoung let out a breath of frustration, “Are you serious? I brought you for that exact reason! I wouldn’t invite you over my house just normally when it’s not cleaned, this is important!” 

 

  Jessica sighed and sat down on the double bed to the right of the clothes, “Can’t I just look around your house while you pack? I’m not in the mood right now to help and-” 

 

  “Sica! I’m not allowing you to look around this mess of a house! Now if you’re not going to help me and would rather get to work early, then leave now,” Sooyoung responded, and the matureness of it surprised her. 

 

  Jessica went through the pros and cons of either choices in her head, but eventually it seemed best just to stay there and not rally Sooyoung’s anger up. If I’m going to do this, might as well do it the right way and full on. She got up from her seat and almost pushed over Sooyoung as she walked over to the closet, her eyes searching through the seemingly endless amount of clothes. She left Sooyoung in awe and started throwing out things she liked onto the bed and then jogged over to the drawer nearby in front of a window, soon hastily looking for a drawer of pants. Fortunately she was right and the whole thing seemed to be filled with pairs of pants. 

 

  “What the heck are you doing? I said I wanted help, not you throwing random stuff at me!” Sooyoung exclaimed, though she sounded annoyed, she didn’t move as Jessica came back over with different pairs of shorts and pants. 

 

  “This is helping Soo, you said you wanted my opinion on things and here I am. Look at the stuff I gave you and make outfits, ta-da.” Jessica then flopped back down onto the bed and laid down to stare at the purple ceiling, nothing passing through her mind. 

 

  Sooyoung grunted and let out a small “Thanks” before getting to her work, and Jessica guessed that she probably rolled her eyes as she continued to follow her instructions. She waited a couple minutes for her to coordinate some good outfits, though she doubted it would take too long.

 

  “I’m ready,” Sooyoung sounded like a soldier ready for inspection and Jessica couldn’t help but let an amused breath out of her nose. 

 

  “Sooner than I thought,” she said as she moved her back up from the soft bed to sit upright. Her eyebrows raised at the five outfits in front of her, they were also much better organized than she had thought. She cocked her head upright shortly, “Use ‘em.” 

 

  “That’s it! Be more enthusiastic or at least happier! I’m getting bored,” Sooyoung crossed her arms and sat down on the end of the bed. “I’m going to invite Tiffany to liven up this party okay? For now let me get my laptop for some music, you stay here!” 

 

  Jessica’s mind changed at the mention of inviting another person into the small house, “Wait!” She called after Sooyoung as she left the room, “I didn’t agree to that!” She sighed and shook her head, getting up from her seat. “I didn’t want this to turn into a party, I have to leave for work in forty-five minutes. That crazy girl...” her voice dissolved as she started walking around the medium sized room, her eyes focusing on a small and round snow globe that stood on the windowsill. Wonder why she has this here... Her eyes also turned to see what appeared to be a family picture on the nightstand to the left of the bed, right in front a yellow lamp. 

 

  In the picture was two middle-aged people, what Jessica guessed was her parents, both with seemingly enjoyable expressions on their face. In front of them were two girls, one of them taller than the other and with different faces. Obviously Sooyoung is the smaller one, she looked so cute when she was six or seven.. suddenly it came to her what she was thinking and she shook her head again, harder this time. No, she wasn’t cute. But I wonder why didn’t mention anything about an older sibling before? 

 

  “What are you doing?” The loudness of Sooyoung’s voice shocked Jessica and she jumped backward a bit, she looked down at her feet and then realized how close she was to the nightstand. 

 

  “Oh, sorry...” Jessica replied and sat down back on the bed as Sooyoung walked over to the desk in front of her. Hoping to up the atmosphere before Sooyoung got any madder, she changed the subject quickly, “So did you invite Tiffany yet or should I do it?” 

 

  Sooyoung turned away from the black laptop to look at Jessica, “It looks like I didn’t set the rules here did I? One: don’t walk around while it’s messy. Two: don’t look through my drawers unless I ask. And at last three: looking around and going through my private life is prohibited. Get it? Easy huh?” She turned away before Jessica had time to respond, but rapidly turned back to answer her question, “And no, not yet. You can do it if you’d like, or I’ll just do it if you don’t feel like it.” 

 

  Jessica sighed, it seemed that nothing had gone as planned for either of them. For a response she tried to make a joke of it, still wishing she make the awkwardness go away; “So I can party here?” 

 

  Sooyoung turned away from the laptop again with a face that Jessica could easily guess was holding back anger, “Look, we both can tell I’m annoyed right? So while I calm down, you call Tiffany over okay?” 

 

  Jessica shrugged and brought her cell phone out of her pocket, she unlocked it and scrolled down the contacts for “Tiffany Hwang”. She tapped the ‘Send’ button and touched the phone to her ear, readying herself to sound cheerful.  

 

  “Sica! What’s the call for?” Tiffany joyfully answered the phone, though Jessica had some doubt that she was fully happy, there was something in her tone that was hidden. 

 

  “Oh, just an invitation to Sooyoung’s house. She needs help deciding on stuff to wear for when she goes to Korea with me,” the last words sounded weird off her tongue, like they didn’t belong. 

 

 “Really? I forgot she was going back with you!” Tiffany’s voice went lower as she spoke to someone in the background, Jessica guessed it was one of her friends. After a few moments her voice regained the volume, “Okay, it’s decided. Taeyeon and I will be right over, text me where she lives alright?”

 

 “Got it, see you soon!” Jessica called and disconnected the phone, getting to the texting app at lightning speed. She looked up after a bit to make sure she got it right, “You live on two-three-four Highway Avenue right?” 

 

  Sooyoung turned around and to Jessica’s relief, everything looked okay again. “Wrong, it’s two-four-five, you were close though.” Jessica nodded and typed in the address, sending it to their new friend. “So is she coming?” 

 

  Jessica nodded yet again, “Sure is, and with Tae too. I think those two must be one of those ‘attached’ types of friends, it feels like she takes her everywhere.” 

  Sooyoung shrugged, “I was like that with Sunny when we were younger, it’s fine. Of course we both changed our courses later, but at least we stayed friends, there’s nothing worse than losing a life-long friend over something stupid.” 

 

  “Well there is being buried alive, or being left at the altar,” Jessica added as she stood herself off the bed to see what the other girl was doing. “Why is it taking you so long to put up a song? Just choose your favorite artist from there and go.” 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head, “You’re my guest, so I was waiting until I wasn’t mad at you to ask you what you want to listen to, since you normally live in South Korea and stuff I’d think you’d probably want one of those artists.” 

 

  Jessica sighed, “I don’t care, I’m not really into those groups in Korea anyway, too plastic and stuff. Though there is this one group I like-” she paused to laugh at Sooyoung’s ready hands on the keyboard. “They’re named Nine Angels, some nice songs. Just put on whatever song of theirs first comes up.” 

  Sooyoung nodded and searched Youtube, “Is ‘I Have a Man’ okay? Or should I just put one of their albums?” 

 

  “Put on the Run Boy Run album, that way we don’t have to change the song every time a song’s finished.” Jessica then fell back onto the comfortable bed, her mind becoming more cheerful at the mention of both her favorite group and song from her home. 

 

  “Yes ma’am!” Sooyoung replied and within a minute or so the first song on the album began, Sooyoung turning back to face Jessica. “So, whose the cutie in the middle in this picture?” She was pointing at the group of nine in the picture in the video, a smile on her face. 

 

  Jessica rolled her eyes and laughed, “That’s Baekyeon, and my favorite is to her right, December.” 

 

 “December? Why is her stage name that?” Sooyoung asked, generally interested. 

 

 “She was born in that month, her favorite month too, and all that other stuff. It’s in English because she’s from Pennsylvania,” Jessica responded, feeling a bit awkward. 

 

  “Ah,” Sooyoung got up from her seat in front of the laptop and headed toward the front of the bed again. “Now,” she started as the third song began, “let’s get to the real business.” 

 

 Jessica opened to reply but there was knock from downstairs, “Wow, if I knew someone else who came here, that would be record time.” 

 

  “It isn’t for me though, she probably wasn’t far from here, since it’s near town. I’ll go get it,” Sooyoung said as she disappeared into the hallway but a second or two later she returned halfway through the doorway, “Oh yeah, and don’t look through my stuff this time.” 

 

  Jessica sighed, “Fine.” Like I would listen to her, she thought as she returned to a standing position. Her eyes turned to stare at the side of the room to the right of her, an unfamiliar part so far. She looked at the painting of a cottage in the snow and was automatically reminded of the snow globe on the other side, why does she love snow so much? 

 

  She continued to scan to the wall in the corner where more pictures of her and her friends and family stood on top of the dresser, and she could recognize the ones with Sunny, Hyoyeon, and what appeared her family from the other picture. 

 

  “Ah, I knew you wouldn’t listen. Get back over here, Ice Princess,” Sooyoung’s voice startled her and she directly twisted back to see Sooyoung with two visitors by her side. 

 

  Jessica shrugged, happy that Sooyoung wasn’t nearly as mad as before, and strolled over to greet them. “Hi Tiffany and Taeyeon!” 

 

  “Hey to you too! How come you didn’t come like you said you would yesterday? Soo said you had work but I’m not very sure on whether to believe her or not,” Tiffany responded as she walked through the doorway strongly, Taeyeon and Sooyoung following. 

 

  “She wasn’t lying, I was busy at work. I’ll be leaving in thirty minutes or so for work today too,” Jessica replied as Sooyoung stood by her side and they advanced together to the end of the bed next to the others. 

 

  “Ah that’s too bad,” Tiffany paused in her words and looked down on the pairs of outfits in front of her. “Did you make these S.Y? They’re great.” 

 

  Sooyoung nodded, “But Jessica chose the clothes.” 

 

 It looked like Tiffany was going to say something back but Taeyeon suddenly began speaking, “What’s the music playing? Sounds...Korean?”

 

  “Yeah, it’s Jessica’s favorite group, Nine Angels. I like that one second to last in this picture, Sica says her name’s Baekyeon.” Sooyoung went over and pointed at the blonde woman in the picture. 

 

  Taeyeon nodded, understanding. “I think I heard my cousin talking about them before, she may or may not be a big fan of them, I forgot. But anyway, I like their song ‘Hey’ or whatever it’s called, nice beat.” 

 

  Jessica agreed, “It’s a pretty great song, though my favorite is Run Boy Run, so powerful! My second favorite is the ballad ‘Three Stars’, really beautiful with their voices.” 

 

  “So Jessica Jung likes girl groups, interesting fact. Like any boy groups?” Tiffany also became intrigued and sunk down onto the bed to listen better. 

  Jessica rolled her eyes and chuckled a bit, “One or two, my favorite probably being Forever or Glow, both have some good songs.” 

 

  Now Sooyoung was into it again, “Hm, right. What’s your favorite song from these two groups?” 

 

  “Hm..from Forever it’s definitely Before Midnight and for Glow it would be both Devil and Romeo. Now can we get off the questions about me and start making some outfits and helping her pack?”  Jessica was honestly getting a bit worried about how interested they were about her and would rather have them curious about what for Sooyoung to wear. 

 

 Tiffany and Taeyeon nodded, and Taeyeon took a last glance at the laptop to look at the name of the song that was playing. “Though you’re right, could you introduce me better to them soon? I’m curious about what kind of group they are, since you like them and all.” 

 

  Jessica looked down at the bed, “Sure thing Taeyeon, just I’m leaving tomorrow in the early morning so I doubt that I’ll tell you about them anytime soon.” 

  Both Taeyeon and Tiffany’s mouths gaped open, “Tomorrow morning?” Tiffany exclaimed, “Wow!” To Jessica’s surprise Tiffany ran over and hugged her and said, “I’m gonna miss you!Will you come back soon?” 

 

  All of a sudden all eyes were on the two hugging, and she knew she wasn’t the only one who noticed. For awkwardness purposes, Tiffany let go of Jessica and turned to stare at her for an answer. “Hello? I’m talking to you.” She proceeded to snap her fingers in front of Jessica’s eyes and she shook her head. 

 

  “Oh, I’m fine.” Jessica replied, trying to avoid being forced to answer the earlier question. 

 

Sadly that didn’t work, “Okay good. So are you coming back soon?” 

 

 Jessica gulped, wondering how she was going to answer it. Because to be honest, she wasn’t even sure of a response herself.