Welcome Home

My Wife Is Straight

Here's the next chapter~ I hope you enjoy it huehue I got a tumblr but you can't see it until I figure the thing out and make it look fancy ok! anyway, this chapter's not much but it's cute so idk yeah.

btw, underlined are text messages


Yuri wasn’t as friendly as Yoona was when she came in and sat down in the third chair in the room to the left of the couch with a very mature expression. Though it softened when Yoona mentioned them making smoothies and a schedule soon, and at first glance, she seemed like a work-a-holic. 

 

  “So she’s staying here?” Yuri asked after everything was settled, her English was worse than Yoona, though with less accent. International work-a-holic? “Where’s she going to sleep?” 

 

  Yoona smiled, “She’s in it now, the couch! We don’t have a lot of room here, and I’d prefer you didn’t share a bed with any of us.” 

 

  “Wait, you and Yuri live together?” Sooyoung’s voice was full of surprise, it didn’t look like that at all almost, although she did notice how calm and friendly the two were together. But a question suddenly came to her, “A-are you two dating? Because I’d really hate to be a rock in another relationship.” 

 

  Yuri answered before Yoona could speak, “No, just close friends that don’t have enough money to pay for their own shelter.” Though her tone was calm and casual, Yoona’s face showed a hint of confusion. 

 

  Yoona changed to set a sweeter feel in the room, “I know you’ve had enough to pay for your own house for a long time now but you’re just staying so I’m not lonely.” 

 

  Yuri shook her head playfully, “You wish! I’ve had to spend that extra won on important emergencies, so I haven’t able to save up enough for the kind I want.” The ending of her sentence was in Korean, and Sooyoung wasn’t shocked. 

 

  “Sure, like you haven’t had enough in there at all.” Yoona’s voice was sarcastic as she dangled off of the red chair’s arm, enough that Sooyoung started to worry about her falling off.

 

  “You two can have these conversations when guests aren’t here, so for now, move on.” Jessica interrupted the discussion and changed the topic, “Want to start making those smoothies and schedule now? Because I could leave any time to go home and pack and make my boyfriend dinner and-”

 

  Jessica was cut off at the exact time she wanted by Yoona, “Of course we’ll start them now!” She flashed off the television and gestured with her arms for everybody to get up as she hopped quickly off her seat. 

 

  “Yuri and I will work on the schedule and you two work on the smoothies, but of course we’ll get help from the others when needed,” Jessica said before everyone was even up and she wiped her hands against each other as off rubbing off something. 

 

  “That’s okay with me, since I personally think you and I have the best organizing skills, but since I don’t know Sooyoung that well, she could be-” Yuri was disrupted by the loud sound of a blender from the kitchen. It looked to her that everyone was already in the kitchen while she remained standing at the chair. “Why’d you all leave without me?” 

 

  Jessica shrugged, “I agree with your last sentence, just you were getting boring so Yoona and I agreed on shutting you up with the blender.” 

 

  “Aigoo, you guys are terrible,” Yuri replied kiddingly and speed-walked to get to the light brown wooden table, trying not to look like she really wanted to participate in the group activity Yoona had thought of. She flopped down on the seat across from Jessica on the eastern side of the medium sized table and grabbed the second pencil next to the Jessica’s arm. “Okay, what day should we start this? Tomorrow?” 

 

  Sooyoung shrugged from her pose leaning on the counter while Yoona got out the things for the smoothie, “That’s fine with me I guess, just start from at least 11:30 on, I have to get settled here for a bit before.” 

 

  “That’s alright, what days to you want to see your family, and what time do you want to turn in?” Feels like a questionnaire, Sooyoung thought and more thoughts came to her mind to think. 

 

  “I’ll want to turn in at least nine and at most eleven, and for the family...” her voice drifted off in contemplation and she ended up shrugging again, “Whatever’s good for them, I’ll just text my cousin soon about it.” She paused shortly while they wrote something else in the chart on the paper, “Why don’t we just plan out the day in the morning in the day of? It’d be easier that way since we can’t tell the future.” 

 

  Yuri tilted her head to the side like a confused dog, “To tell the truth, that makes a lot more sense than this. You’re more of a genius than I thought.”

 

  “But then what are we supposed to do now?” Jessica asked seriously, sounding almost irritated at the fact of them doing nothing. 

 

  “Well we could talk,” Yoona added in as she slid the yogurt over to Sooyoung and turned to address her, “Put 8 ounces in the blender, I’ll just do the rest.” 

 

  Sooyoung shrugged again and dropped the amount in the machine, afterward going straight to join the two at the table, sitting to the right of Jessica. “What kind of smoothies are you making?” 

 

  “Different fruits, don’t worry, it tastes really good.” Yoona replied and before anyone else could talk, she the blender for a bit to make it the smooth liquid that smoothies are. 

 

  “It does, she makes it for me sometimes in the morning,” Yuri commented and changed the conversation again to the married couple. “So what’s it like? Being married?” 

 

  That’s something I was expecting from Yoona, the thought occurred to her sort of oddly. She’d been meeting a lot of new people lately, and she wasn’t sure what to think of it. But of course she answered the question, “It’s not much different from being single because we didn’t get married the original way...”

 

  Fortunately it seemed that Jessica had gotten the answer memorized, “As Soo said, it’s not much different other than being around someone a lot, pretty much like my boyfriend and I except she’s less romantic and has a lot more open time.” 

 

  “Less romantic, hah. You haven’t even met my romantic side yet hun, you just wait until I get all seductive on you, because you’ll like it.” Sooyoung scoffed off and sat back in her chair, resting her back. 

 

  “Why would I want to wait until you’ll be getting seductive on me? I promise you I won’t be wanting that anytime soon,” Jessica responded as Yoona set down the glasses full of the drink at their seats and she sat down across Sooyoung and to the left of Yuri.

 

  “You promise?” Sooyoung’s eyebrows raised and she let her eyes span the apartment owners’ faces, both full of awkwardness and laughter, as it looked. 

  “Of course I do,” Jessica nodded deeply and also looked at her two friends, sighing. “You see, this happens often. She gets too full of herself and-”

 

  “Too full of myself? Sure I have some ego but I’m always kidding, you should know that.” Sooyoung interrupted and turned to face her wife again. “Don’t take everything that I say seriously, okay?” 

 

  “Why is it about me now? I was just explaining this to my friends so they don’t mistake it for something else,” Jessica replied and took a very strong mouthful of smoothie, gulping it down almost like a contest. 

 

  “What would they mistake it for? Kidding around?” Sooyoung responded, her voice also raising pitch in anger. 

 

  “Hey, the newlyweds, calm down. Just take a breather and don’t gulp down the smoothies violently,” Yuri held out her palms toward them and spoke calmly, exchanging glimpses with her roommate. 

 

  “I agree with Yul unnie,” Yoona nodded shortly as Sooyoung shrugged and took a sip from the smoothie, which was better tasting than she had thought earlier. “But I also think you two should apologize for fighting over something really stupid.” 

 

  Sooyoung drank some more of her drink and shrugged, “If only she apologizes first.” 

 

 Jessica’s right hand made a tight fist without her even noticing and also drank nearly the end of the cup before she answered in a much more calmer voice than expected, “How do you people get over something like the second after it’s finished? We barely even had a fight and we’re already saying sorry for it.” 

 

  “Why’s that a problem?” Yoona asked innocently, really curious what was so wrong about the situation. 

 

  “It’s just...not as fun as normal fights,” Jessica’s hand released the fist and she swallowed down the remaining liquid left as if it was alcohol. 

 

  Sooyoung put her left arm around Jessica’s shoulder and patted her right shoulder softly, “It’s okay, in a couple months we’ll be fighting much more strongly.” 

 

  Jessica noticed the changed tone and also let out a small laugh, “Thanks Soo.” 

 

 “Anytime Ice Princess,” Sooyoung smiled and leaned back in her chair again, feeling relieved. Changing the subject again, she went, “I’m going to see when my family is open for my visit.”

 

  The other three nodded and began another conversation, a majority of it in Korean, about what sounded like some very thrilling drama. She ignored it mostly and texted her cousin in both Korean and English, 안녕! Did you miss me? ‘Cuz im back in SK again! I wanna visit, is there any time i can come over? 

 

  Sooyoung finished her smoothie and paid somewhat attention to the conversation around her, though it wasn’t really interesting to her, she nodded and tried to look intent on the topic for the sake of the others. It was about ten minutes later and received the feedback from her family. The response was what had made her day too many times more than meeting Yoona in real life, and even though it meant almost nothing to normal families, it meant a lot coming from hers. oh! hiya sooyoungie! you can visit any time! oh, and welcome home. 

 

 

 

“See you tomorrow!” Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung all yelled out as Jessica was leaving the apartment on a brighter note. 

 

 Almost immediately after the door was closed Yoona asked, “Do you want me to tell me where to put your stuff? Because it doesn’t look good when a guest comes in and sees a bunch of luggage in the homeowners’ living room.” 

 

  Sooyoung shrugged, “Sure, that’s fine. Though I’m sure I’ll get to used to this place after the first couple days.” 

 

  Yoona nodded, “Good, now get your makeup and other facial products bag and follow me.” 

 

 While Sooyoung was walking over on the side of the couch where she had dropped her things earlier, Yuri headed into a room on the wall to the right of the entrance. Sooyoung grabbed the bag and was soon at a bathroom near the kitchen and larger than the door could say. 

 

  “I like your bathroom,” Sooyoung said out loud as soon as they entered it. When you walked in there was a wide closet with two sinks to the right followed by the toilet and a bathtub / shower. The color scheme was a peach color while the cover of the closet and tub was white, the cabinets above the sinks a medium wooden brown. 

 

  “Thank you,” Yoona replied and opened the wide closet, “Put your bag on the second level, and open it or put a bright mark on it, then we’ll remember that it’s not ours.” 

 

  Sooyoung nodded and set the small bag on the second level as she was told and smiled when she looked at Yoona again, “At least your couch is comfortable enough to sleep on.” 

 

  The other woman shrugged in response, “After awhile it gets uncomfortable and annoying, but you won’t be on it for that long.” 

 

  “How long is that long? I’d rather know than to be confused,” Sooyoung asked while she followed the shorter girl out the door and back into the living room.

  “About three weeks or so, maybe less, it depends on the back,” Yoona shrugged her shoulders and added, “I’ll show you around the rest soon, let me talk to Yuri about something first.” 

 

 “Alright,” Sooyoung replied and leaned against the wall, waiting quietly as Yoona walked into the room that her roommate had entered earlier. A few minutes later she returned with an exaggerated frown on her face, “Yuri said I can’t show you our pet tortoise.” 

 

  “You have a turtle?” Sooyoung gasped, her curiosity peaking. “Why can’t I see it?” 

 

 “She said that he ‘might get afraid’ and ‘doesn’t like new people’,” Yoona rolled her eyes, imitating her black-haired friend, and adding before Sooyoung could question more, she said, “She also said that she doesn’t her room being inspected on the first day from a visitor so you’re a bit out of luck. Do you wanna to meet my cat then? I didn’t want to bring her out earlier because I didn’t know if you were allergic or anything.” 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head, “I’m not, I can meet her.” 

 

 “Great! I’m apologize if my room looks dirty, I didn’t have time to clean it earlier.” Yoona continued to walk over to a room through the living room, a dining room it looked like. “She’s probably sleeping since she likes to sleep around thirteen hours a day and mostly on her tree in my room.” 

 

 How big is her room? They walked through the dining room and Yoona opened an irregular pink door on the light blue wall, the door was semi-decorated with things like “Yoona’s room” and “Don’t enter without permission”. Inside the room was a queen bed with two nightstands and on the other side was a cat tree made out of what looked like carpet. 

 

  “Is she sleeping in that circle center?” Sooyoung asked as they strolled closer to it, Yoona much more upbeat than her.

 

  “Yeah she’s there, but she’s not sleeping, just laying down. I’ll pick her up and show you then give her food,” Yoona replied as she walked closer, her hands going into the center of the circle part of the tree. But then something completely unexpected happened.