Why?

My Wife Is Straight

Sorry this isn't on Friday like it should've been, but I was busy this weekend and had no time until now to put it up. I might spoil you guys (since this story is already finished) with going by the same way most dramas do (2 chapters a week) c: You are open to suggest which days are best for you to read them and I'll go with the most popular one (or the easiest one for me). Hehe 


“You see...” Sooyoung stopped in her steps and the others followed, standing beside her. Sunny wore a concerned expression on her face, which effected Hyoyeon’s. “I sort of...” she stretched out an arm and sighed, letting it down. “I’m the one who got married while you were gone.” 

 

  At first her best friend was expressionless, and Sooyoung was worried that the response was worse than she thought it would be. I hope she doesn’t kill me for it, it’d be nice of her to let me live for Jessica. But then the blank face turned into a makeshift smile and the next second Hyoyeon hit her on the arm, “Why wasn’t I invited?” 

 

  Both Sooyoung and Sunny let out breaths of relieve, and Sooyoung set a hand on her friend’s shoulder, “I know you’ve wanted to become a bridesmaid all your life, but when I was getting married I was partly drunk and-” 

 

  She was cut off by the shorter female, who of which took off the hand on her shoulder. “Who cares if you were drunk? You should’ve invited me as soon as you decided to get married!” she proceeded to cross her arms and shook her head. “You know that the third top thing on my bucket list is to be a bridesmaid or maid of honor at a wedding!” 

 

  Sooyoung sighed, “Of course I know that, just calm down. Do you even care who I married?” 

 

 That question aroused her friend more, “Wait, don’t tell me you married my brother? He stayed back because he refused to meet my sister’s in-laws.” 

  She shook her head in disgust, “Of course not! I married a sort of stranger, well, no longer a stranger now but-”

 

  “You married someone off the street?” Hyoyeon raised her voice louder again, her eyes showing surprise. “It would be bad enough that you married someone we know, but this?” 

 

  Sooyoung shrugged, “Her name is Jessica Jung, she’s not that bad, pretty cute too. She’s a bit older than me, not much though. There’s one little problem though,” she put a small amount of space between her index finger and thumb. 

 

  Hyoyeon put her hands on her hips and shook her head, “What? What could make this any worse?” 

 

  “She...” Sooyoung tried to think of an easier way to say it, because she didn’t want to provoke her friend to her peak. After a few seconds of thought, she decided it was best just to say it out quickly and to the point, “She’s straight.” 

 

 

 

 “So, what would you like to do then Taengoo?” Tiffany asked as the three leaving were out of sight, flopping her bottom back on the picnic table’s seat. 

  The shorter woman shrugged, “Don’t know, it may take them awhile by the pace that they’re going by. Is there a playground anywhere close?” She moved her head around slowly, looking into the panorama of the park in her vision. 

 

  “I forgot, there might be. Do you wanna look? You know it has to be empty for us to play in it though, I already get weird looks from people and I’m not in the mood for some more,” Tiffany reminded her best friend that she wasn’t the ‘normal’ kind of person. But then, Taeyeon should’ve always knew that. 

 

  Taeyeon shook her head and helped Tiffany get up from her seat, “Everybody that’s heard of Tiffany Hwang knows that you’re weird, unless they’ve only heard you sing, then they just know you as that cute chick that sings for money.” 

 

  Tiffany lightly hit her friend on the shoulder teasingly, “Who do you know that’s called me ‘that cute chick that sings for money’? Hm? I tell most people my name so they can say they met me before I was famous, not because I want them to contact the police for some weird lady who’s singing in the street for money.” 

 

  Taeyeon held out her hand and it showed on her face that she was counting, but Tiffany couldn’t tell whether or not she was actually counting. “Either five or fifteen, I lost count at six.” She paused to start heading toward the path that went around the park, and tossed her head gently to the front for Tiffany to follow. “Also, when are you planning to get famous, Ms. Hwang? You’ve lived here for almost four years now, when are you going to do something that helps you in your career?” 

 

  That appeared to be a somewhat difficult question for the brunette, and she hesitated to reply, “I’m working on that, Tae. What else do you think I’ve been doing? I’m close to finding the right recording company, and two people lately said they wanted to talk to me about my voice.” 

 

  Taeyeon shook her head slowly as the two began to head toward the direction they guessed the playground was, “I checked them out before remember, and they’re pretty sketchy. I think you need to go back to California, you have a better chance at getting it big there than here in Vegas.”

 

  “But my dad just moved here for me! I can’t just tell him to move back! Plus I have friends here, and I’ll really miss them.” Tiffany whined in her response, though she knew that nothing would help change her friend’s choice. 

 

  “Stephanie, you have friends everywhere, that’s the type of person you are. You can make some more friends back home in L.A too, and even reunite with the old ones you had before you left! Think of the possibilities there too, there’s too many!” Taeyeon stopped in her steps and held Tiffany by her shoulders, looking her right in the eyes. “I’m not saying to just give up here and leave these people, I’m saying to think next time before doing something rash like moving to a completely different state, or signing to some shady company that’ll just steal your money.” 

 

  “But Tae-”

 

 Taeyeon let go of Tiffany’s shoulders and strolled forward a bit, looking back she said, “Just think of the future, my friend.” 

 

 

“Okay, let me get this together right.” The three were inside the pizza place, waiting inside a booth while their order was being made. Hyoyeon was sitting across from Sunny and Sooyoung, a somewhat confused expression on her face, “You asked her to marry you, she said yes, and you eloped? With you both drunk? What did she say the next morning huh?” 

 

  Sooyoung chuckled lightly, “You’re right, and that ‘next morning’ was just yesterday morning actually. She was really shocked too, but I don’t see why. These type of things happen all the time, don’t they?” 

 

  “No, not with normal people, like it appears she is. I don’t see why you both are keeping through with all of this too, why didn’t you just leave her be and why didn’t she run away as soon as she realized she was married to a lesbian?” Hyoyeon yet again was asking questions, she felt that she missed way too much within two days. 

 

  Those words sparked Sunny’s interest, and the blonde spoke, “Yeah, why are you two continuing with this whole marriage thing? From as little as I know about her, Jessica doesn’t seem like the type to keep up with something she dislikes. What did you do? Kidnap her or something?” 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head vigorously, “Of course I didn’t kidnap her! I barely know her!” She then continued to respond to the first question, “I really don’t know what has been keeping her with me since yesterday, and honestly I’m amazed myself. There’s not too much about me to keep people around me, especially people that don’t really know me. Maybe magic?” 

 

  Sunny sighed, “Since you didn’t kidnap her, and nobody knows why she decided to go along with it for this long, let’s just rejoice that you finally got somebody other than July that’ll live with you.” 

 

  “July is a very exceptional cat, let me say. I’m also amazed that he’s stayed with you all these years! I couldn’t even be able to do that,” Hyoyeon continued with Sunny’s ending joke, making a foolish smile appear on Sooyoung’s face. 

 

  “Why are you so surprised about that? I’m a very fabulous pet owner you know, I know when to feed him and give him water and to pet him and to leave him alone.” Sooyoung recognized the change of tone in their voices and adapted to it, happy that they stopped pushing the discussion any further concerning Jessica. 

  “Oh, so very fabulous! You know the basics of raising a pet!” Hyoyeon replied in proud sarcasm and pat her friend on the shoulder. 

 

  Sunny was going to add in something else but was paused as ‘Sunny Lee’ was called from the counter, and she immediately got up from her seat. The other two followed as she headed to the front to grab their pizzas, canceling the continuation of the conversation. 

 

  As they were leaving the building after the three paid their fractions of the price, Hyoyeon nudged Sooyoung and said a bit too loud to be a whisper, “Hey Miss ‘Perfect Pet Owner’, did you remember to take care of him since you got married?” 

 

 

The rest of the day for Sooyoung had gone by slower than the beginning, with the hours dragging by rather than passing by quickly. The person who had to run around the whole four mile park was the cocky Kim Hyoyeon, with surprisingly Taeyeon behind her. Sunny had managed to keep her S-P-O-O-N the whole afternoon, and the ‘experts’ at the game; Tiffany and Sooyoung, had ended up with S-P-O each. Overall, it was a very amusing and bonding experience in Sooyoung’s mind. 

 

 From 6PM on the time flew by, and she found herself sitting in Jessica’s work building before she knew it. How this day flew by so quickly, she thought to herself as she dialed her wife’s number in her cell phone. 

 

  “Hey, I’m in the parking lot, where are you?” She asked after Jessica picked up the call, her eyes examining the outside of the car. A couple of people were exiting the building at the moment, but it was too dark outside to tell anybody particular apart. 

 

  “I just walked out, where did you park?” Jessica replied as Sooyoung’s finally adapted to the darkness and could make apart shapes, and her mind immediately recognized the image of the woman that she met at the bar two days ago. Without a response, Sooyoung opened the window of the car and swung her arm, even though it probably looked odd, it was the easiest way to get to see her face quicker. “You’re the one with your arm out the window aren’t you?” 

 

  “Yup,” was all that Sooyoung needed to say before the conversation was cut short, meaning the other end had disconnected. Jessica was opening the passenger door not long after it ended. 

 

  “So,” Sooyoung began, “how was work?” She started the engine of the automobile and exited the parking lot at a medium pace, trying to get the tone of voice to the right amount of curiosity. 

 

  Jessica shrugged, “Alright, I guess. I’m thrilled that we don’t have to help the new interns anymore here, a couple of them are almost too annoying to handle.” She paused in the middle of her idea and looked left to look Sooyoung in the eyes, “Overall not too bad of a day. Only one more day left here to go!” She cheered to herself and looked back to the road in front of them, “So how was your day?” 

 

  “Good, but not good enough for great. I played spoons all day against Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, and Sunny. Taeyeon and Tiffany would be a terrific comedian duo you know, they had me laughing quite a bit.” Sooyoung commented as the drive continued on, an amused expression on her face when she remembered what had happened earlier that day. 

 

  “Really? I still have to meet Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, what kind of people are they?” Jessica queried, and Sooyoung was somewhat shocked by the amount of interest in the other person’s voice. 

 

  She acted unaffected by it and just simply responded, “They’re, um, great.” The rest of the ride was sort of silent after Jessica nodded gently, acknowledging her words. Soon the car slowly rolled into the parking lot of the hotel, and Sooyoung knew she had to ask another question, “Why did you stay here instead of your own hotel room? That’s wasting money you know.” 

 

   Jessica was surprised by it, and it seemed to appear that the question never came to mind. She responded as they were exiting the car, grabbing her bag and setting it across her shoulder. “Since you’re already paying for it, it’s easier just to stay here than there. Oh, and don’t worry about my other hotel room, I already checked out earlier today.” Sooyoung couldn’t tell whether that was rude or not, but decided just to let it be as they headed toward their room.