Every Night I Shock (pt.II)

My Wife Is Straight

HAPPY NEW YEAR~ I hope all of your future years be positve and happy!!

here is part two of the worried chapter of them all! I hope you like Sooyoung's & Yoona's points of view on this, quite interesting yes? although this chapter is mostly serious, I hope you see the little humor in it I have :) 


 And there they were, Sooyoung, Jessica, and Daewook, all in one place. It was time. Sooyoung found it hard to believe, but she knew the right time had come. The three sat together at a table inside a small cafe nearby their houses, the atmosphere full of awkwardness. 

 

  “So...uh..honey,” Daewook began, taking a sip from his latte, he was starting this with Jessica, she guessed. You shouldn’t start by stuttering though, she’ll know something’s up right away.

 

  Of course, she was right. “Yeah? Are you okay? You looked a bit sick this morning,” Jessica admitted and eyed down her own coffee cup, as though she somehow knew that something bad was going to come out his mouth. 

 

  He shook his head automatically, Bad call man, and set down his container. “Nothing, just I was curious why you wanted to meet me with...her.” He glanced at Sooyoung for a half-second, like he was scared to look anymore. 

 

  Jessica’s suspicious behavior lowered a bit, and she shrugged, “Oh, that. We just have something to tell you, that’s all.” 

 

  He raised an eyebrow questioningly, “Oh really? I thought so, but why didn’t we just meet at our apartment? Wouldn’t that be easier and a much more private place to discuss this.” 

 

  “This? Do you know what I’m going to tell you?” Jessica asked, she turned to gaze at the other women at the table, almost as if she was telepathically figuring out if Sooyoung had said something about it earlier to him or not. 

 

 Sooyoung shook her head, “No, I didn’t mention anything about it to him. Did you?” She purposely spoke louder than a whisper, she wanted him to get wary of what they were going to say more. 

 

  “Nope,” Jessica whispered and turned to her boyfriend, or as Sooyoung would say, future ex-boyfriend. “I brought this out in public so you would be forced to be more understandable about this and not flip out like I know you would at home.” 

 

  Sooyoung chuckled softly to herself, “Being in public didn’t matter to Yuri.” 

 

 Jessica elbowed Sooyoung lightly but was quickly back to the main subject, “So, the thing we would to tell you is that we’re-” 

 

  “Wait, wait, wait,” Daewook held out his hand and took another sip of his drink, probably to help calm him down, she thought. “You’re going to tell me something that I’m going to flip out on, what is it? You better not be pregnant because I can’t go through that again.” 

 

  Again? What is wrong with this guy? Can he not keep it in his pants? Jessica immediately threw out a response, “No, no! I’m not pregnant! Nothing like that! I’m just...m-ma-” 

 

  “You’re ma? Short for mama? Is she okay? I haven’t seen her in awhile and so I was really worrying, hope she’s alright,” Daewook interrupted with something that Sooyoung thought was completely irrelevant. It’s like he’s avoiding the situation...

 

 “My mom’s fine, be quiet while I explain this, it’s really hard to say it, you know.” Jessica sighed and hit her face to her palm lightly, her elbow on the table. “Anyway, Sooyoung and I, we met in Las Vegas, at a bar, and I was really drunk and we-”

 

  Yet again it was Mr. Annoying, “Ok, I’ve had enough! Before you say yours, I’ll say mine first.” He let in a big breath and Sooyoung knew exactly what he had meant by that. Oh shoot, shoot, shoot, not now. Not now. Jessica had opened to reject, but he stopped her again while adding, “Don’t talk, it’s going to make this worse.” A short pause and he said it, he really said it. “I-I’m cheating on you.” 

 

  That’s when it got scary. A long pause in the group remained afterward, Jessica was unmoving. More silence. The air was still and Sooyoung began to worry if Jessica was breathing or not. Just for confirmation she wasn’t starting to slowly suffocate, she elbowed Jessica in the closest side and coughed effectively. 

 

  After another thirty-seconds or so, a response finally came out of the blonde. “I-I...well...it’s not like that’s surprising....” Her words were dry, clearly still confused. 

 

  He looked down in sadness, “I’m sorry you had to say that, but I can believe it. I’ll be moving back to my house soon, don’t worry.” 

 

   “I...” Jessica’s words were still doubtful, and Sooyoung wasn’t sure whether to let her be or to slap her out of it. “That’s okay with me...”

 

  “Anyway, our news was that we’re married,” Sooyoung just casually jumped with their side of the ‘shocking’ day, and took another hearty gulp from her coffee.

His face was a world more comprehendible than his girlfriend’s was. “It happened by accident, one of those drunk marriages you know.” Although she struggled with some of the words in the last sentence, she hoped she said it correctly in Korean.

 

  After a lifetime of a minute he nodded and let out a small smile, “I understand, don’t worry. Is she going to break up with me or am I going to have to break up with her? I don’t want to be the one to do it, it’ll hurt too much.” 

 

   Sooyoung tried her best to avoid rolling her eyes at the mushiness, “I think you should either wait until she knows that she’s alive, or you should do it now and say she called it off.” 

 

  Daewook shrugged and poked Jessica lightly, there was a slight movement of her fingers against the table in the tempo of an unknown song. He got out of his seat and walked across the table to semi-hug Jessica, “See you later, hopefully we can discuss more diligently later.”  There goes the first one. The time had went by much faster than she would’ve thought, and an hour had already gone by when he was out the door.

 

  “Jessica, are you alright? I’m not sure that you’re working correctly,” Sooyoung flashed back to English and started to gently shake her spouse in her seat. “I know you’re alive but you might be traumatized or something, right? Is that the right term? Whatever, you have to get up and be alive again.” Jessica’s eyes were still unfocused and her fingers still onto the tune of nothingness. 

 

  “I’m ready to throw this steaming hot coffee into your face even though I don’t really want to,” Sooyoung admitted and she held the warm cup into her hands, trying to be menacing. “Or I can just drag you home, but you have at least act alive okay? I don’t want to be getting questioned about dragging a dead body around, I don’t have the most perfect record in the U.S  so I’d like it clean here.”

 

 “Okay..you do that...let’s..go home...” was all that Jessica murmured and she stood up from her seat lifelessly, holding her drink in her hands together as if it was her life. Sooyoung automatically headed toward her side to support her if anything bad happened, and they slowly started heading home. 

 

 

  

  “Jessie, are you okay?” Yoona called sheepishly with her head sticking inside the open door’s space, “I brought you hot chocolate to help it. They’re not as hard as you think, break ups.”

 

  “You can come in Yoong,” Jessica replied softly from the bed, she was temporarily borrowing Yoona’s bed at her house while Daewook was moving out. She sighed lightly as her friend trotted in with a mixed attitude, both cheerful and sympathetic. 

 

  “Thanks Sica-unnie,” Yoona went over and sat down onto the bed, handing her drink to Jessica quickly to prevent it from dropping. “I hope you like it, Sooyoung and I prepared it especially for you. It’s you favorite kind too, caramel and a little hint of mint.”

 

  “That’s sweet of you two,” Jessica said while taking a small sip of it and nodding, “tastes delicious.” She put on a toothless grin and set it down onto the nearest table, afterward putting her hands on her blanketed lap and leaning forward, “So, what’d you come here for? To tell me to get over it quickly because there’s a perfectly good wife out there? Or are you going to bag on him with curses? Or are you going to be the type to tell me that I should slowly get over him with time and that it’s understandable? I’ve heard it all within these last three days, there isn’t anything new you can do.”

 

  Yoona let out a breath of relief and looked down at the cloth, “Good, then what I’m going to say won’t phase you any different from the rest.” Her face rested upward again to face her within eye level, “Just get over him, you have a wife. You have friends. You hopefully have money. You have a house. You have a job. You have everything somebody needs.”

 

  Jessica rolled her eyes, “You’re right, that’s nothing new. My mother said something close to that, minus the whole wife part. I’ll get over him anyway, no need to act like I won’t move on with my life without him, it was just Jung Daewook we’re talking about here.”

 

  “Then why is everybody acting like you’re crushed? Tell them to shut the heck up and that you’re perfectly fine,” Yoona added strongly, it seems that her visit had become useless within two minutes.

 

  “That’s the thing, I’m not perfectly fine,” Jessica responded and flopped her back down onto the bed. “I think I have problem, but it doesn’t have to do with breaking up with Daewook, or that he cheated on me.”

 

  “And what’s that? You’re not pregnant, are you? I’ve seen enough dramas to know that that’s a possibility,” Yoona’s worried face was serious and she glanced down toward Jessica’s abdomen area.


 “No! Stop watching too many dramas! You know they’re not real!” Jessica clearly and loudly replied and put her arms behind her head while laying down. “Anyway, this problem has to do with Sooyoung.

 

  “Oh...” Yoona’s vision revisited the fabric of the bed, “What about her? Is she getting too annoying?”

 

  “No, nothing like that. Just...it’s...complicated. I don’t know how to put it, but you can’t mention anything to her about what I’m going to tell you,” Jessica sat back up properly and signaled to close the entrance of the room. After it was fulfilled, she whispered insecurely to Yoona, 

 “I-I...I think I’m falling for her.”

 

   Yoona’s face was like a deer in the headlights. Her face was struck with surprise, “That was...unexpected.”

 

  “I know right? I’m really sorry about that, I just had to let it out to somebody.” But the only thing that came to Yoona’s mind was that she the completely wrong person to confess to, for she as well was falling for the American’s charms.

 

 

 

 “So how did it go?” Sooyoung asked expectedly when Yoona had walked out of her room after the talk with Jessica. “Is she still stubborn? If she disagrees to eat my food again I will march right in there and-”

 

  “No need to Soo,” Yoona interrupted the other girl and turned to Yuri, who was doing a cross-word in the newspaper on the table. “She’s probably going to eat it soon, it’s not like she hates your cooking or anything, or at least I hope not.” She added and sat down at the table near her roommate, “She’s more relaxed now and is a bit annoyed that everybody keeps telling her to calm down. I personally think nothing’s wrong with her.” At least, anything you need to worry about.

 

  Sooyoung nodded, “That’s good news, did she like the hot chocolate?” 

 

 Yoona shined a small smile, “Sure thing, she said it sweet and that she was thankful.”
 

  “Even better, then she’ll eat the chicken I’ll make for you right?” Sooyoung responded thankfully and eyed the chicken on the stove, “It’s my first try at making Korean food other than cup soups, so it might .”

 

  “That’s alright, I’ve gotten friendly with Yoona’s cooking, and it’s not the best to be honest,” Yuri added in a ‘secret’ manner, although it was very obvious that she knew Yoona could hear it easily. 

 

 Yoona hit her friend playfully, “Don’t joke like that! My food it amazing! At least, that’s what my mom says, but my dad said she’s just trying to make me feel better...” Her head began to lower down and she sighed, “Well, I don’t have to be perfect at everything.”

 

  Yuri put her arm around the other woman’s shoulders, “Yeah, if you were you would be in a mansion telling your butler to go get you another towel as you get out of your indoor pool.”

 

   “Yeah, sure,” Yoona replied sarcastically and took off Yuri’s arm, her eyes returning to the table top. “You know, life isn’t easy.”

 

  “Of course I know that Yoong, why do you think I’m still living here? At least I’m not mooching off my parents’ money like some people my age, but it’s up to us on how hard our own lives are.”

 

  “I know that but...sometimes it’s really hard,” Yoona added, trying to old her voice strongly to sound normal. She turned to face her best friend with a struggling face, “What do we do now?”

 

  “That’s when we have friends like me to go and cheer you up,” Yuri responded, less cheerful than earlier. 

 

  Sooyoung turned around to look at the two better, fixing on them closely. “Is something wrong Yoona? You don’t sound so good, probably worse than Jessica.”

 

  She sniffled up and held back the intruding tears, gulping and with the hardest voice she could do, she replied, “Nothing. Nothing’s wrong. Nothing at all.”


yes I'm back lol I bet you dislike Daewook by now right?? same lmao he was never the best boyfriend tbh Jessica has bad taste. I'm sorry for my commentary, I'd like to see yours! Goodbye~