Who's Married?

My Wife Is Straight

I wanted to update yesterday but I forgot ;-; anyway, here it is~ also thank you so much 80 subscribers! I'm honored! c: I'll be sure to make sure those 80 stay! Thank you so much again just for reading it and liking it (especially you 9 voters! and the commenters!) 


“Hey! Get out! We have to leave!” Jessica called outside of the bathroom door, her attire fully dressed and professional for work. “We’re a half hour from the company!”

 

  “Wait a minute or two! At least I take faster than you do in the morning,” Sooyoung replied from behind the white doorway, quickly attempting to finish brushing her teeth. “You can calm down and wait while I finish alright? Not my fault I’m your only mode of transportation.” 

 

  “I didn’t want to call Yuri and have her pick me up and wonder why I share the same hotel room as one of my assistants,” she noted, automatically taking out her phone and looking at it wonderingly. Yuri, don’t worry. We’ll meet up tomorrow and I’ll explain it all, hopefully.

 

  “So you’re saying you don’t usually go overseas with your assistants? It just feels like a business woman like you would be responsible for that type of thing,” Sooyoung remarked as she opened the door, and a surprised Jessica jumped an inch or two backward. 

 

   “My assistants can do whatever they want, as long as they listen to the people they assist to.” Jessica shrugged and hastily put back her phone into the silver purse, she’d get to texting Yoona and Yuri in the car. 

 

  Sooyoung raised a questionable eyebrow, “Really? I’m a bit taken back by that, you really don’t care?” She patted her right side pocket, making sure she had the key to the hotel room. They were starting to leave when she flashed her head around, “You have everything right?” 

 

  Jessica went through everything she needed in her mind, checking off things on the imaginary list as she touched them around her. Eventually she nodded, “I’m pretty sure I do.” 

 

  “Good, let’s go!” 

 

 

“Hey, how come we didn’t take your car anywhere yesterday and I had to walk everywhere?” Jessica complained as she got into the automobile, setting her medium sized purse onto the passenger’s seat floor. 

 

  “Because we all need some exercise every once in awhile, plus Sunny was sort of borrowing it 90% of the day.” Sooyoung responded, putting the key into the ignition and starting it. 

 

  “Ah,” Jessica bent down quickly to grab out her cell phone. “It was tiring though, walking so far away and coming back. I usually take a car and on some occasions, my bike.” 

 

  The driver seemed somewhat shocked, “You bike? I like riding a bicycle sometimes too, helps relieve stress and things like that.” 

 

  “Yeah, it especially helps me with stress, especially because of work or my boyfriend.” Oops, shouldn’t have mentioned him... She thoughtlessly replied and opened her phone with a new password that she was sure would stump her acquaintance, 4189. 

 

  Thankfully it seemed Sooyoung wasn’t bothered by it, “What else do you do for exercise? Go to the gym? Play sports?” 

 

  “I...um..” Jessica paused to reply to Yoona. Even though she was sure Yuri had already told Yoona about their encounter that day before, she had refer to it because it seemed more casual. Thanks for telling me Yoona (: I saw her at a restaurant yesterday~ I’ll try to find her again soon! She lifted her head from the device and looked back at the person to the side of her, “I do go to the gym twice a week, otherwise I’m not very sportsy.” 

 

  “You don’t seem like the type,” Sooyoung commented, her eyes still sternly on the road before them. “I have the big question now though, what do you work for?” 

  Jessica was busy texting Yuri, asking her really, if they could meet somewhere tomorrow to discuss about some more things. Or in Jessica’s case, possibly explain a misunderstanding. 

 

  “Hey, Miss Technology!” Sooyoung’s snapping her fingers made Jessica shudder lightly, sending off the finished text to her friend. 

 

  “Sorry about that, I had to text Yuri.” Jessica turned her phone to darkness and turned her attention back to her surroundings. “Anyway, I work for Pantech, you know, the cell phone company.” 

 

  “Really? I haven’t heard much of them, are they popular?” Sooyoung asked, and Jessica could tell that she was genuinely interested in the topic of conversation. That feels odd for some reason... 

 

  She shrugged, “I guess? I needed to come overseas for some help on the idea for the newest one, and to attempt to impress the new boss.” Jessica held up her phone, it was the Pantech Discover, a silver one with a very noticeable pink panda case with cute ears over it. “See?” 

 

  “Oh, so that’s what type of phone that is! I was sort of wondering and felt like asking, but decided not to.” Sooyoung added, and her right hand reluctantly began toward the radio between them. “Do you want music?” 

 

  Jessica shook her head, “No thanks, I’m not in the mood for music.” Or going to work. Suddenly a vibration shook in her hand, somebody had gotten her text. She raised the phone yet again so it was right in front of her eyes, you did! Yuri unnie already told me about it! she said you seemed weird tho? why? Shoot, I was right, she did suspect something.

 

  Yet again, she was stuck having to lie to one of her best friends. don’t worry Yoong! I was just worried about how the presentation went. nothing big. She sadly sent out the text and turned her focus back to the outside world, and why Sooyoung wasn’t speaking. 

 

  With the turn of her face, the response was almost immediate. “How is South Korea nowadays? I have quite some of my family there, the others live here, with a few living in other countries.” Sooyoung said, twisting her head to look Jessica in the eye. 

 

  “It’s...fine. I guess. I have a couple members living in the US also, though in San Fransico. That’s how I’m this fluent in English, also because we used to come here once a month in the summer every year up to last year.” Jessica replied, adding in her own comment on her family relations. 

 

  “I was going to ask that also, but yet again you answered one of my many questions! Why did you stop last year though?” Sooyoung noted out of curiosity, and there she noticed that they were almost at the building. 

 

  “There were....technical problems. We plan on meeting this summer though, even Yoona’s famous little sister Seo Joohyun is coming I heard. I haven’t seen her since April or May I think.” 

 

  “Seo Joohyun? I feel like I’ve heard that name before. You mentioned she was famous, what for?” 

 

  “She’s a singer and actress, sometimes teaches at small schools around Daegu I think. She debuted back in 2008, really clear voice.” 

 

  “Ah, I think I know who you’re talking about. She’s in her early twenties right? How popular is she?” The subject of Jessica knowing a celebrity was probably the height of Sooyoung’s interest, she guessed. 

 

  She shrugged, “Pretty popular for a solo artist I guess. Her latest release was a Japanese single I believe, ‘Diamond Ring’ or something like that.” 

 

  “Really? I ought to Google her later today.” Sooyoung continued the conversation, and Jessica realized that the car had stopped. It was when she turned to look out front that she recognized the very familiar structure in front of them, her occupation. It seemed Sooyoung had also noticed, “Looks like we’re here! Let’s get out."

 

  “Let’s? I thought you were just dropping me off, I don’t want any more misunderstandings, especially those to do with my job.” Jessica stubbornly replied, grabbing her purse and opening the door simultaneously. 

 

  “Can’t I get out too? I need to know when to pick you up and where you are if you forgot anything-” Sooyoung was cut off as Jessica shut the passenger’s door. 

  She tapped the window and responded, “Pick me up at 7 pm and I didn’t forget anything anywhere, so that’s nonsense.” 

 

  The brunette rolled her eyes, rolling down the window in front of Jessica. “Fine deary, make sure to call me at lunch!” 

 

That reminded her about the day before’s conversation with Tiffany, “Apologize to Tiffany for me too, tell her to come over tonight for dinner since we couldn’t talk earlier.” 

 

  “Are you serious? You want us to have another meal with her? You heard her, she’s a talking machine! Even though she knows nobody listens, she’ll probably keep talking anyway. If anything, we should invite Sunny to dinner, since she left early yesterday.” Sooyoung explained rationally, trying her best to give the finest and most logical reasons not to see their new friend. 

 

  “Are you saying she’s annoying? I know she talks a lot but I still think we should, maybe she can let us participate more in the conversation this time.” Jessica retorted, a vibration from her phone surprising her. She held it up to see who it was from but then the time hit her. 7:54 am. Shoot, I have to get to work. “I really have to leave now, we’ll talk more about this at home!” 

 

  Sooyoung let her left hand out of the open window, waving after her partner. Even though she had just been in a small dispute, the blonde female’s last words left a mark in her mind. ‘We’ll talk more about this at home!’ We sound more like a real married couple the more we’re together. 

 

 

 

Sooyoung had decided it was time for her to get to her own workplace also, even though she doubted that Sunny was even awake at the time. Fortunately, the store was quiet from the time she got there to around 10 am. 

 

  “Hey, why are you here so early? Even Trevor isn’t here yet, are you okay?” Sunny asked as she checked the price tags on a rack of shirts. “I came later than usual today anyway, what’s up?” 

 

  “Nothing, I swear. I had to wake up early so I decided to come to work today, plus I’m waiting for Tiffany to come by. She said she’d visit the store today,” Sooyoung replied from an isle of woman’s shoes. 

 

  “Tiffany’s coming by today? That’s great news, I hope she brings Taeyeon.” Sunny’s tone was dumbfounded at the mention of Tiffany, thought she probably wasn’t surprised about the possibility of Taeyeon coming also. 

 

  “How did you know Taeyeon and Tiffany are friends?” I forgot to text you last night, how could you know?

 

   “You learn a lot when being the cashier and owner you know, especially from a regular like Tae. We’ve come to be makeshift friends, kind girl with a great heart. I thought you knew her and Tiffany were friends before we met Tiffany?” 

 

  Sooyoung shook her head exaggeratedly, even though the other person in the discussion couldn’t see it. “How come you acted like you didn’t know Tiffany when we met her, and didn’t mention Taeyeon at all?” 

 

  “Ah,” Sooyoung could imagine Sunny’s realization face, “because I’ve never met her before and only heard of her. I didn’t want to bring up knowing Taeyeon because I was afraid she was talking about a completely different Tiffany, even though the one we encountered met her description perfectly.” 

 

  “That’s understandable, I still would’ve mentioned her anyway, just in case it was the right Tiffany.” 

 

  “Anyway, how’s the married life coming for my best friend?” Sunny changed the conversation completely with a friendlier tone. 

 

  “Do you want something or are you really curious?” Sooyoung could detect something else in her companion’s voice, the kind of voice that kids use when they’re kissing up to their mothers when they wanted something.

 

  “I’m really curious, because sure I have married friends, but none of them got married the way you did.” 

 

  “Really? Fine,” Sooyoung still wasn’t believing it, but she was just going to answer anyway. “It’s not bad, just awkward a lot but fun at the same time because we get closer.” 

 

  “I thought that out of the three best friends of you, Hyoyeon, and I, that I would get settled down first; but it seems I was wrong.” 

 

  “Well we didn’t get married the original way, remember. It was pretty much a mistaken matrimony-” 

 

  “Who’s married?” The two employees moved their heads to look straight at the door with the way too familiar voice. 

 

   “Hyo~!” Sunny cheered loudly and Sooyoung dropped the skirt she had been folding, hurrying to get to her other best friend. The three gathered in front of the counter, smiling brightly like little girls that haven’t seen each other in years. 

 

   “Sunny! S.Y!” Hyoyeon, as that was the woman’s name, also was obviously happy to see them. She was a little taller than Sunny, wearing a normal outfit and some sports’ team baseball cap. “I’ve missed you the past two days, what happened? Who got married?” She moved her eyes across the faces of the other two, trying to look for a clue of an answer. 

 

  “How was your sister’s mother-in-law? You didn’t really explain well last night in your texts,” Sunny also had some questions to ask, as did Sooyoung. 

 

  “You! Why didn’t you contact me while I was stuck with the family in a tiny village in the Rocky Mountains? I was dying of boredom sometimes without some jokes from you,” the shorter fair-haired woman hit Sooyoung on the stomach softly, obvious irritation in her voice. 

 

  “Sorry, something came up.” Sooyoung tried her best to hold off the news of her being married for as long as she could, she knew what kind of fit her comrade would make. “But how was seeing your sister husband’s family?” 

 

  “Terrible. Now tell me who’s married, that’s the most important thing on my mind right now.” Clearly Hyoyeon hadn’t fallen for it, her right foot starting to tap in frustration. “I’ve been here for one minute and still don’t know, you better hurry up.” 

 

  “About that-” Sooyoung began, her words being interrupted by a cell phone. Though she was fine with someone calling during their talk, she disliked the choice of ringtone. “Whoever’s phone that is, you should get it.” 

 

  “Um, Soo, that’s yours.” Sunny pointed down the middle aisle, “You’re the only one down there this morning.” 

 

  “Really? I don’t remember having a love song set in one of my contacts,” Sooyoung pondered as she jogged lightly down the aisle. Someone came to mind as soon as she held the white mobile in her palm, Jessica. “Why is she calling? I thought nothing would come up for sure.” 

  “Who is it?” Hyoyeon asked from the front, “anybody important?” 

 

Sooyoung ignored the question and hit the ‘Connect’ button, curious what would’ve occurred for her ‘wife’ to call her. She set the phone next to her ear and started slowly ambling up the aisles back toward the others, “Hello?”