The Response - Scene 23; Take 4

My Wife Is Straight

First off, HAPPY EASTER!! I hope your day was eggstra amazing, whether you celebrate it or not!! :D

I would've updated earlier but I forgot ;-; Anyway, this chapter hehehe :3 The fic is almost over TT But don't worry, I have The Chat you can read (you know, that other story I update lol) and an upcoming Naliz (Nana x Lizzy from After School) one shot you can read!! C:


Yoona was struck still with shock and covered in surprise, “I...wow...” Yuri waited in her position for a bit before realizing that Yoona wasn’t going to register it herself until later. “You...and...me...c-couple...” Yoona began whispering different words to herself in a raspy voice, her right hand still hovered over her lips. 

 

  Yuri sighed and looked down at her lap where the opened velvet box lay, I should’ve just asked her out first, it would’ve been less nerve-racking and straight-forward and...ugh. After another couple minutes or so, she decided it was best just to tell the prepared people to leave, since she was sure the positive response wasn’t going to be that night; and got herself out of the seat. The amount of regret hit her hard at that moment, who did she think she was? An idol? She was out of her mind for even thinking of doing it, let alone setting it up and preparing everything, and especially even doing it.

 

  “Excuse me, mister, you can leave now, the night’s...finished.” She commented while strolling over to the piano, “You’ve already gotten your pay so it’s fine to leave now, isn’t it?” 

 

  “But my job here is until 9:30pm, it is currently 9. You still paid for another half hour, so I’m staying here. I won’t do much, just practice for the next client tomorrow morning,” the young man paused to her look in the eye, whispering to himself very lowly, “She’s hot, too bad she’s going for another girl,” before adding in a louder tone for her hear. “Unless you don’t want to me, because I’m happily play whatever you want me to.”

 

  Yuri sighed, “Practice for tomorrow, I have no real need for you anymore.” He nodded nervously as she turned around and headed back to the gazebo, “Balloon ahjusshi! You don’t have to come anymore either! Just give me the pre-made objects and I’ll take them home.” 

 

  A middle-aged man walked through some trees and entered the brighter area, looking disappointed, “Really? I liked your jokes, they were hilarious! Especially the one about the giraffe and the tiger!” Yuri acknowledged he had spoken and let out a hand to accept the various shaped balloons in his arms, just as the piano man began his beat box rendition of ‘Here Comes the Bride’.


 “Awkward...” the balloon male turned his head toward the younger guy, “Do you have to play that song? Beat boxing too? It isn’t the most appropriate, kid!” The other hired entertainer finished his song and stood from his chair, getting ready to say something back.

 

  To everyone’s shock, Yoona was the one to interrupt the two. The woman had finally moved from her statue shape and was standing now, “S-stop!” She turned to look at Yuri, her eyes drowsy with worry, “You did all of this for...me, and I’m not responding as I should. I’m sorry for not answering your question, I’ll surely answer that later, but for now, just act as you would if I had responded.” She covered again with both hands and squealed in a high pitch voice, “Omona omona! Of course!”

 

  Yuri couldn’t even stifle a laugh and just bellowed at the terrible acting, after they had both recovered, she stood back up straight and got back into her acting, counting down ‘3,2,1’ on her fingers before running and hugging Yoona. “T-that’s amazing! Thank you! I love you!”

 

  Yoona exited the embrace immediately, “You don’t seem happy enough, it’s obvious you’re acting. Redo this scene again.”

 

  “Your acting wasn’t much better! Let’s just continue with it,” Yuri argued and began the hug again. This time mouthing ‘3,2,1’ beforehand. “I’m so happy I could kiss you!” 

 

  That’s when it became awkward again. Yoona immediately went out again, moving her right hand in a circle and closing it in an ‘O’. “Good, good, scene, cut! Now if I say no!”

 

  Yuri held out a hand, “But Yoong, you’re forgetting the vital scene the viewers have been waiting seasons for! It’s a very important one! The poor writers will get threats if they don’t have this scene!”

 

  Yoona scoffed it off using another hand gesture, “Then the writers will get threats. As long as the people behind those threats don’t actually do what they threat, then the writers are fine with cutting that scene out.”

 

  “Fine, fine, let’s go with that. But we’re adding that scene in the alternate ending correct? Writers always have those, just in case.” Yuri strived her best to get that scene in their ‘drama’, even if she sounded desperate. 

 

  “Another alternate ending? Okay, we’ll have four endings to this episode. One, my character says yes, yours hugs me, we kiss, and we get married. Two, my character says yes, yours hugs me, I die in a tragic car accident a week before the wedding, you commit suicide. Three, my character says no but later says yes, we get married. Four, my character says no, yours gets upset and we all move on. Let’s practice all four and see which one our audience prefers the most,” with the word ‘audience’, she waved her hand out to the now silent men sitting on the piano bench, eyes locked on the two. 

 

  Yuri agreed reluctantly, “Okay sure, let’s do it that way. I’m guessing we’re doing the kiss scene last? Since you seem so keen to avoid it.” 

 

  Yoona laughed it off, “Of course! Now let’s practice the second through fourth scenarios, now that we have everything settled.” Yuri nodded and the two once again began their ‘drama’ episode, probably the season finale, Yuri guessed. “And...cue!”

 

  “Omona! Omona! Of course!” Yoona went even more over the top with the reaction this time, going on her tip toes and jumping up and down. Yuri enthusiastically embraced the other girl and repeated what she had said earlier, making sure to sound over the top as well. 

 

  Yoona jumped out of the hug to end the scene, “Okay, now it’s a week before the wedding. Balloon ajusshi, can you be the car?” She made more hand gestures for him to come forward, and just as he was getting up from his seat, the piano man virtually flew from his seat to stand in the middle of the gazebo. 

 

  “I’ll be the car! Don’t worry Miss, I’ll be the perfect car! I won’t be erted either, I’m in the middle of work right now so it would be rude to be like that to a client’s friend.” He excitedly used this way to ‘reassure’ the two girls of anything inappropriate, although he made it sound like he was apologizing for something beforehand. 

 

  Yuri raised her arm, “I still think the balloon ajusshi should be the car, he looks more like one.” That was her best reasoning, next to ‘he’s married and has children to look after at home.’ 

 

  “But I love cars! Please, please, please? I’ll just nudge her and she can fall herself! It’s okay! I won’t do anything bad!” This guy won’t budge... 

 

  Yuri rolled her eyes, “Okay, fine. But please tell me your name, since they’ll need to know it for the episode and such.” 

 

  He smiled brightly, “Of course! My name’s Park Jaehoon, please treat me nicely!” The man then began going over the top as well, even doing a ninety-degrees bow for them.

 

  Too bad they didn’t care. Yuri immediately turned around and gestured her hand roughly toward the opening end of the gazebo. “Go there and do your job, actor. Got it?”

 

  Nodding enthusiastically, the suit-dressed young male went straight to the position she had mentioned. The two girls shook themselves out lightly in preparation and Yoona started the next version. Yuri stood out of the main circle while Yoona walked at negative three miles per hour and Jaehoon rammed forward instantly, his eyes focused on the ground. 

 

  When the two bodies collided, he continued forward until abruptly stopping at the railing of the back of the gazebo. Even though Yoona was only somewhat touched, she fell the most dramatic and humorous way possible. Is this a drama or a sitcom?

 

  The youngest of the females fell onto her knees casually while saying, “I’m dying! Oh, no! Oh, no! Help! I have been struck by that vicious thing on wheels! Somebody save me!” Yuri giggled and ran forward with urgency, making sure to stay in character. 

 

  “No~! My fiance! She has died! Boohoohoo!” Their little ‘drama episode’ continued on to be a very over exaggerated as they went over the different scenarios, sometimes more than once due to Yoona’s inner director side. 

 

  It was now 10:30 at night and they were sure it looked odd to see anybody in a gazebo in the middle of a park next to piano at that time of night. The balloon man had left around 10 because of his wife being worried about why he wasn’t home yet while Jaehoon had, of course, stayed the whole time. 

 

  “It was nice spending some time with you today, Jaehoon-ah, let’s keep in touch after this.” Yoona grinned and nudged her roommate, almost as if the whole idea of why this happened had disappeared from her mind completely. “Thanks for inviting him, he was fun. He should be one of our drinking buddies.”

 

  Yuri rolled her eyes as a response before turning to the pianist as well, “I agree, it was very fun! You added to the mood nicely! Can I get your hand phone number? As she said, you’d be great to drink with.”

 

  He seemed too happy. “Of course! I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.” One of his hands dug into a pocket and took out a piece of notebook paper with a number written on it and handed it to her, winking at her.

 

  Yuri didn’t seem so thrilled, and replied with no emotion whatsoever, “I’m not sleeping with you.” Quickly changing the subject, she motioned toward the close by path. “I guess you’re going to take your piano in the morning then?”

 

  “Yes, since I don’t have the others or the truck for it at the moment, plus it’d be easier for me to get it tomorrow and take it straight to my first gig of tomorrow instead of taking more trips.” Jaehoon replied and ran over to the seat to quickly take a bag. “Can’t forget this, my keys are in there.” He laughed partly, glancing down at his wristwatch. “Oh, look at the time! I better get going! My roommate’s going to wonder where I’ve been!” And he was off at the speed of light.

 

  “Well, that was...different, than expected,” Yuri began a conversation as the two main characters left strolled through the semidarkness. “I never thought we would’ve produced our own drama episode at all.”

 

  Yoona chuckled, “Neither did I, I honestly thought you brought me out here to talk about money or some other problems. At least I know the real reason why you haven’t left me yet.” They shared another laugh, and somehow their hands found each other’s comfortably. 

 

  The black haired woman’s eyes got larger in surprise at how the other girl didn’t bring her hand out of them, “Wait! You said you were giving your answer later...it’s later. Is this your answer? If it is, is it...a yes?” A smile was the only explanation needed.

 

   “I’ll think about it.”

 

 

 

 

  “Hey! Kids! Get together now! It’s time for dinner!” Sooyoung’s grandmother yelled from the top of the living room, “Remember to wash before! Especially you, Okjoo!” The time in between their entrance at the evening was spent being introduced to a group of family members, doing some house chores, and playing games. 

 

  “Mom! There are guests! I know you want to remind them, but don’t point out the poor boy.” The man that Sooyoung had hugged earlier complained, moving his head backward in exaggeration. 

 

  The elder hit him lightly, “Don’t stick up for him because he’s your kid! If I highlighted Soojin’s kid you wouldn’t think twice about it. Plus, we have only one guest and I’m sure she’s not that bothered by our way of hospitalities, she has family in America as well.” 

 

  Did Sooyoung tell her grandma about me behind my back? How fair is that? Jessica shrugged and removed herself off the wooden floor of the room, “Come on Soo, you’ve heard her, time to stop the games and eat.”

 

  Sooyoung didn’t hesitate a bit before getting up, “I know, just let me handle this first.” She slapped down the cards in her hands onto the table and erupted a large smile, “And that’s when the brother loses again.” 

 

  Soojin, her brother, fell back onto his seat, “You cheat at poker! You should’ve moved to somewhere recluse instead of going to Vegas! Your card skills increased too much!” 

 

  She ruffled his hair playfully, “Not my fault I was born to be a people person.” Jessica headed toward the dining room rather than watching awkwardly, making sure not to step on some toys on the ground. 

 

  After she had successfully found a seat at the table, she kept to herself while waiting for Sooyoung. When her wife had finally come back and sat down next to her, she whispered curiously, “I thought you weren’t close to your family, have you been lying to me this whole time  or am I just oblivious?”

 

   “Both, my brother and I acted our best to look closer than we really are, and I’m just naturally like that to everybody else. It’s just my immediate family and my father’s side that I’m awkward and distant to,” Sooyoung cleared it up as quickly as it started. 

 

  Jessica shrugged and watched as the table became filled with plates of food and people. It was only a short matter of time in between emptiness and whole. All nine of them were sitting ready to eat, the piles of food in front of their eyes. 

 

  The dinner went as normal evening meals went, discussions about various things, including Sooyoung’s parents. It wasn’t until near the end of it that Sooyoung brought up what kind of relationship she had with Jessica Jung.

 

  “Okay, okay, I know you’re all entirely curious what to call her, why I’ve brought her here, and other types of things. Do not worry anymore, It’s finally time to say it!” Every conversation, small or large, stopped into absolute silence with those words. “She’s my girlfriend.”

 

  “Oh~! Why didn’t you just tell us from the beginning? That’s not much a big deal, since we know your uality and all.” Oknam and Okjoo’s father replied almost immediately, and everybody else relaxed. 

 

  “Ah! Why don’t you try a man again? I liked your boyfriend before! He was cute!” Sooyoung’s grandmother commented, eating another bite of food. It was obvious she was still undecided on her granddaughter being a lesbian, but would rather not have spoken too much against it with a guest in the house.

 

   “Grandma, no guys are really appealing to me right now, plus I like her!” Sooyoung argued back as if it was an everyday thing, “Nobody else but you and Grandpa have a problem with it, why can’t you just go with the flow?” 

 

  Jessica wasn’t sure how to react to this, but one thing she was sure of was a small fire inside of her waiting to flash out of curiosity about Sooyoung’s exes. “Come on Grandma, leave for it another day, we have a guest, remember?” Soojin tried his best as well to persuade the old woman to keep quiet.

 

  The elderly female sighed, “Fine, you should be lucky to be leaving tomorrow, or else we would be having a strict talk.” Sooyoung...cute guys...they don’t seem to mix...hm...who would date her? Sure a lot of people but... It wasn’t until a bit later that Jessica’s mind wandered off that topic onto the one that why Sooyoung didn’t announce them as married either, especially due to the fact at how enthusiastic she was about it at first.