Eye Contact

Love Hurts

Sahara's pov

After coming back from shopping, I was too tired to do anything so I just crashed into my bed and went right to sleep. Tomorrow is the day that I'll be learning how to walk in heels, so I needed enough rest for that. Hehe :)

Walking in heels was one of the most pain stricken experiences ever. I felt like my feet were going to fall off half way through. The only things that kept me going were that the shoes were gorgeous, and because all my guards were watching me, so I had no interest in looking stupid in front of them.

"you can't give up yet mame," yelled on of my female guards, trying her best to support me.

Going down the stairs was my by far the scariest thing I've ever done. First of all, I had 4 inch heels on and second, I've never walked in heels before. I said a three minute prayer before going down the stairs to make me feel better. I could see Jackson off to the side trying to cover his laugh the whole time. He found it funny that I'm suffering like this huh? Well I'll show him.

Step by step,  I went down the stairs as slowly as I could. Three of my guards including Jackon were standing at the end of the stairs in case I fall. That I did. As I was going down the last few steps, I skipped one by accident, crashing right into Jackon making him fall on his back. I didn't think he was that weak. I probably surprised him. Luckily it didn't hurt, because he broke the fall, my head resting on his muscular chest. As I was on top of him, he wrapped his hands around my waist as a way of protecting me. He felt so warm. I didn't want him to let go of me. Sadly, the other guards and my helped me off of him. As I got off him, Jackson quickly got up and pulled me towards him, making me crash into his chest again.

"are you okay Mame?" he asked looking at me straight in the eye. I could see his worry grow in his eyes. This was the first time that we've actually made eye contact.

"uh-ya, I'm fine. You broke the fall," I replied a bit flustered. It was weird that he called me Mame.

Right then, my doctor quickly did a check up on me to see if I was hurt. That frustrated be, since he didn't even care to look at Jackson.

" why don't you also check up on Jackson as well? He's probably the one that's hurt?"

Jackson's pov

I was really surprised when she fell on me. I totally didn't expect that. During that moment when she was on top of me, her head laying on my chest, I felt a sudden wave of comfort. Without knowing, I automatically put my hands around her. I didn't want to let go of her. I'm not starting to like her am I? 

During dinner, she wore a red dress that went a bit below  her knees. She looked like she lost a bit of weight, since the first time I saw her. She was going through intensive workouts and a strict diet.

I felt kind of bad for her, because you could actually see her urging to want to eat more food. Both of her parents died and she didn't have any friends. Also her husband seemed to hate her from the things that I've heard. She usually eats at the dinner table alone, or with her aunt or uncle, but they never talk. She seemed to be suffocating from loneliness. I understand her.

Sahara's pov

I felt so awkward wearing a dress. It felt like Jackson was watching me the whole time. He was probably thinking of how stupid I looked this morning.

Authors notes

Please feel free to comment to tell me what you think! I appreciate all opinions :)