First Meeting + Embarrassment

Love Hurts

The next morning...

Sahara's pov

I am so nervous to the point that I'm shaking. I couldn't even stand properly while going downstairs to meet him. Finally I see him. He was extremely tall and handsome to the point where he could be a model. I'm kinda attracted to him. My heart started to beat faster and faster, and I suddenly look down as he looks at me, trying to avoid eye contact. Then I hear him laugh. Not a pleasant laugh. More like a mocking one.

" so this is the girl?" he says

" did she get switched at a hospital or something, I thought you said that she would be beautiful. What happened dad?"

"BANG!" it felt like a bullet went through my chest. I felt even more broken, unwanted, lonly and most of all, I wanted to disappear at that moment. I look at him, trying not to cry. I finally muster up a smile, trying to forget what he said. I have to do this for my dad. That was my only motivation.

There was a long moment of awkward silence, but then JB's father finally broke it

" Sahara, I apologize on behalf of my son's extremely rude outburst. He's just not in his right mind, because of all the traveling, and he is still shocked after hearing about the marriage."

" oh I understand! I get what he's going through," I reply trying to sound as polite as I possibly could.

JB's pov

Why did she smile at me? Was she trying to mock me? I can already tell that I'm not going to like her .The rest of the meeting was extremely boring. I made it pretty obvious that I didn't want to be there. Sahara and I ended up having to talk alone to introduce ourselves. I told her straight up that I had a girlfriend and not to expect anything from me because she's not going to get it. She never talked the whole time. Just listened. She probably hated me. Good. That's what I wanted. Then she finally said something.

"I'm not getting married to you because I want to. It's because I'm made to. I'm very sorry if you expected someone beautiful or attractive, but I'm not either of them. I already have a million other problems, and I don't want you to be one of them. Oh! And I'm sorry about your girlfriend. Goodbye."

Then she left, leaving me even more angrier.