No Words

Love Hurts

Sahara's pov

Everything about the party went great at first, but then came the big dinner. It was when I had to say a little speech on behalf of my father. This was the first time, that I've ever spoken in front of that many people. Right when I was called to go up on stage, I  tensed up. Walking up the stage was a different story. I was a nervous reck. My legs were shaking to the point that I felt like I was going to fall. If I didn't have a podium in front of me, then I would've surely been on the floor. When I got to the mic, I stood there silently for a minute or two to breath, but when I tried to speak, no words came out. Not even a sound came out! I tried again, but that did nothing. I suddenly looked over to my aunt in the side, and I could see that she was extremly worried. Then I looked to my uncle, and mouthed to him that I couldn't speak, so he rushed up on stage to save my back. He also made a little joke to lighten the mood, because he saw how emberrassed I was, and the audiance didn't look amused. He made up the excuse that the reason why I couldn't say my speech, was because I still wasn't over my father's death, so talking about it was still difficult, even though it was an obvious excuse to cover up the fact that I was nervous. I felt a bit relieved that I didn't have to say the speech, but one thing I knew for sure was that my aunt was furious with me, and I was terrified.