Nothing but Fear

Love Hurts

Sahara's pov

He will be arriving any minute, and I was scared out of my mind. I couldn't stop thinking of what happened between me and Jackson last night. Even though JB hated me, the guilt was welling up inside of me, and if anybody finds out what happened, then we're both dead. Like literally. I already almost ruined the family name, and if people find out that I had an affair with another guy, then the consequences are brutal. My aunt and I made up, but she warned me to never do that type of thing again. She's been nicer to me lately, probably because she felt bad of how she treated me last week, but i could feel that our relationship got more distant.

I was all prettied up for my "husbands" arrival. Besides, we haven't seen or even talked to each other in two months. He hadn't even called once, not that I was expecting him to. The thing that made it even more awkward for me was that I was to be the first one to greet him when he comes, and the person to open the door. I feel like my family's enjoying torturing me like this. I was praying and crossing my fingers, so that I wouldn't say anything stupid, cause that's what I was best at. Being stupid!

I can see him, coming up the doorstep, and he rings the bell. I take a deep breath and put on my best smile. I open the door to see a half dead looking human being. He literally looked like he rose from the dead. He looked incredibly pale, and his eyes. Oh my god his eyes had humongous bags under them. It looked like he hasn't slept for days, weeks even, and his before red lips lost all colour. This was not the JB that I first saw. What the heck happened to him? Was he sick.

"Can you move from the doorway, and let me in? I need to sleep." and that was the first thing he said to me. I guess you could say he was really tired.

"Oh ya uh sorry," I stumble out of the way.

"JB, oh dear! What happened to you?! You must me incredibly tired!" my aunt began to yell which was unnecessary.

"Yes. I just really  want to go to sleep," he replies. It sounded like he had a slur.

"Well, we prepared a huge dinner  for you. Are you not going to eat?"

"Oh I'm sorry, but i don't think I'll enjoy what I'm eating since I'm half asleep. I don't want to sound rude, but will it be okay if I eat in the morning. I actually had quite a lot of food on my way."

"Oh of course, you must be awfully tired. You should go rest. Sahara will join you as well, so both of you go ahead."

My aunt has started to talk for me, and I'm not liking it one bit. He glances at me for a second and we both make our way  upstairs. To a room with just the two of us. I'm scared.