All Of you

Tied To A Child

 

 

 

I had woken up many times next to Jongin. Practically every morning now that I thought of it, apart from the times he had wolf duty and would come back at mid-day, during school time.

But never had I woken up with a fluttering feeling batting against my chest like an alarm bell ringing inside my brain.

 

As my eyes fluttered open, they were met with the softest of maroon orbs that held warmth and security, Jongin’s gaze locking on mine while everything slipped away. The room, the bed..it was just me and him, like the universe didn’t count anymore, only he did. Then, a soft grin spread across his face and lighted up his eyes like no tomorrow before his hand reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. His touch was light and airy, almost like a summer breeze that caressed through my hair. “Good morning, beautiful” and pressed a kiss to my temple.

 

I felt my lips unconsciously pull into a mirroring smile, even though I bit my lip in attempt not to smile like a fool “Morning” My voice was less than a murmur, raspy with sleep. But with his werewolf senses, I was pretty sure he had heard me. Trailing his hands down my shoulders and arms, they finally came to a stop at my waist, cradling me softly like I was made out of glass before pulling me in to his embrace, making my nose bump into his chest. I felt his lips against my temple; a soft brushing caress of a kiss on my forehead and a blush formed onto my cheeks. Why was he being so sweet and innocent and cute? This Jongin was one that hid behind closed doors; from my first point of view, I had already pinned him as the y playboy type who loved his girls raw and lustful with curvy hourglass figures that probably caused most of the male species to drool, just like Haemi unnie, she was a really y type of mate. No wonder Sehun couldn’t part from her, for fear that boys might just jump her whenever they felt like it.

 

But apparently, contrary to Jongin’s appearance, he was just a cute little boy that wanted to cuddle and kiss all days, without anything else.

 

A soft tug of my baby hair – Jongin’s doing- brought me out of my reverie. “What are you thinking about?” he asked me, eyes hoody with sleep and his voice laced drunkenly. Damn, his morning voice was a y one.

“Um nothing” I bit my lip, eyes fluttering up to his “Can I ask you something?”

He tightened his grip on my waist “What is it?”

I hesitated slightly and hoped that whatever I was going to sprout from my mouth, he wouldn’t take it in the wrong way “What’s your ideal type?”

I felt more than saw the furrow in his eyebrows, a dip in the space between as a soft crease appeared. I buried my face in his chest to hide my embarrassment and partly because his tense posture was killing me, like I was hugging a statue. A beat of silence passed before I felt his chest heave in a soft sigh before one of his hands was found running against my side and up to my hair, using it as a grip to tilt my head back. When I met his brown- no, not brown anymore, but Hazel eyes, I resisted from gulping. Did I mention that Jongin was all the more hot when there was something ticking him off? Not that I did that one purpose, how should I have known?

 

“Why this unnecessary question?” his voice was rougher than I imagined it to be. I frowned in response.

“Why don’t you just answer?” I asked him in irritation.

“It doesn’t matter now”

“It matters to me”

“Waeyo?”

“Because” I lowered my eyes and concentrated on the fabric of his button-up, my fingers creasing over the cloth and picking o his buttons like a kitten. Anything to distract myself from the heated gaze that was drilling through my head. “I just-‘
“No you’re not” Jongin’s voice was set on an edge, and I almost smacked myself for having forgotten that he could read my thoughts. I just wanted to please him and be his ideal type. What if I disappointed him? “You’re not changing yourself for anybody, Sarang”

 

Aish, that boy, I clicked my tongue and narrowed my gaze “could you stop reading my thoughts?”

“I can’t read all of them, but when it’s a strong one I can’t help but hear it” He shrugged without any remorse. His eyes held mine in the strongest gaze he had ever given me, eyes pinioning me hard “So no, I like Lee Sarang how she is now”

I lowered my eyes, almost ashamed at how shallow I was being for even trying to change myself just for his liking. If he liked me, it was because I was just I right? It killed me though not to know about his hidden desires. It wouldn’t be fair if he was the only one to always please me while I just stood there like a dumbstruck idiot with love written all over my face-

Wait a minute what am I saying now?

“Sarang’ He said it like a growl erupting through his chest, making me quiver in fear. Oops, he wasn’t meant to have read that, just as much as I hadn’t meant screaming it out loud for the whole world to know about my motives. I would’ve definitely made a bad villain. He grabbed my face in between his two hands, palms pressed against my heated skin as his eyes raked over every feature, as if trying to memorize them by heart while he leaned in to press his forehead to mine. Heat flooded to my skin even though I tried to suppress the blush that was forcing it’s way through my blood vessels in my cheeks. His eyes, once hard and steady, now held a dark and almost mysterious gaze, so tense that I shivered uncomfortably.

There is much more to beauty than just looks” He quoted “Haven’t you heard of that?”

I said nothing.

“If you think I’m with you just for , then you’re wrong” he grated, his lips hovering over my jaw “You’re so much more than that. I could’ve just had it easy and hooked with some random girl at a club, to tell you honestly”

Fire burned within my chest at his statement, but I tried following his reason “But I don’t want that. Once I fall in love with you, once I get to accept every part of you whether it’s negative or positive, I still won’t have with you, no” He comforted my heat-dropping reaction by brushing his lips over mine, just a slight caress like the touch of a feather “I will make love to you, because that’s what you deserve. You deserve the best, and never less than that”

 

My heart kept getting lifted bit by bit at his soft words. I realized how much he looked much deeper into depth within a person that just watches it over the surface. He wanted to claim me as his; body and soul both. He wished to know more about me; whether it was all my faults and flaws, he just wanted to accept all of me just like I was, and what he emphasized on was the fact that I shouldn’t change for the better because he just wanted what the real me was. A small smile was urging to break my cheeks apart because how Jongin had talked-really boosted up my self-esteem. He was way better than all the boys at school who just thought of and having affectionate touches that meant nothing. To Jongin, it was different. He was different. He would be willing to accept all my imperfections and edges even though he might get hurt from that. Tears started biting at the back of my eyes as a small sob echoed within my throat at the new light he had opened up to me. This boy would be the death of me; I had never imagined how wise and experienced Kai was. I wish I were like that too, looking beyond what was simplicity and find the beauty behind it.

 

One of his arms pulled me tighter against his body so that we were flesh to flesh, with no space between us. Lips still hovering above mine, he gave it the slightest of pecks, nuzzling my nose with his “You’re definitely not my type. You’re not the kind of girl that I would take a second look at, with all curves and y hips. You don’t fit in that category, but you’re so much more. Your entire being nags for my attention, your face is so open to everything that’s happening around you. Watching you is like feeling new life bloom all over again. And I like that”

 

Wow, I never knew Kai had been a philosophical figure in my entire life. My jaw almost dropped at the statements he had used, and for once I wondered if he had just been quoting an entire book. I blinked as he replied with a light scoff “No, I did not quote that from a book. Is it that hard to think that I’m naturally smart once in a while?”

 

I laughed and shook my head, still a bit dizzy from his peck. A peck dude, a peck. How could I be so weak? “ Kind of”

“Why you’ and he attacked me with tickles.

 

 


 


 

 

 

“Prom’s just by the door” Namjoo peeked at me from underneath her fringe with a teasing smile coating her lips. I tried my best to ignore, instead focusing on the page of notes in front of me even though nothing was accumulating in my head. Hating the way I brushed off her remark, she tapped her fingers against my elbow playfully before asking, “Who are you going with?”

I shrugged “Nobody, I probably won’t go”

 

“Waeee~?”

 

I scoffed “Maybe because I don’t have a date, duh” and rolled my eyes. She whined and slapped my arm “If you only made an effort Sarangie, you would’ve gotten yourself a boyfriend already!”

“Who has a boyfriend?!” J-Hope popped behind us, his face a little bit too close to mine for comfort as a squeal escaped my mouth, pushing him away with a frown. “Yah! Don’t surprise me like that!”

 

“Who has a boyfriend, Namjoo-ah?” He asked innocently while dodging my attacks. The said girl shrugged and shot him a look “Your bestie of course’

“What?” He turned to me with confusion washing over his face, and I inwardly slapped myself “You have a boyfriend?”

“I-“ “Yes she does!” Namjoo interrupted before I could say anything else. I restrained my hand from going up to slap her on the back of her head and instead satisfied myself by throwing flames with my eyes.

“You didn’t tell me!” The boy accused like I was supposed to tell him every single snippet of my life. How dare he monopolize me like this when he already has the girl of his dreams? I grunted and pushed him away, the atmosphere turning cold at my mood change. “What’s his name?”

I tried ignoring them both, in vain. J-Hope kept shaking my shoulder while I was busy tossing fire on Namjoo, praying that one of them hit her and caused her to bursting to flames because I could not tolerate formulating lies to either of them. And there was no way in hell that I would sacrifice Kim Jongin’s name just for the sake of it. He wasn’t even my boyfriend in the first place, so I wasn’t going to go ahead and just spurt out this random term just for the sake of admitting that I was indeed, with someone. Although my relationship with my wolf didn’t really count, because it was much stronger, much much more than what we could call love.

It’s a bond.

 

“Sarangg~ what’s his name?” J-Hope gave me that cute pouty face that crumbled my walls no matter how hard I tried resisting. That was one fault of being J-Hope’s bestfriend, he was just too cute for his own good, so cute that sometimes I wished to box his ears so that he would just stop otherwise he’d overflow from cuteness.

 

“Stop it, J-Hope” I tried snapping, but faltered upon seeing his downcast expression. His lower lip was jutted out like a kicked puppy.

Puppy, just like how Kai would act when he didn’t get something he wished for.

 

“Sarangieeee~ Pleaseee~ I’m your best friend aren’t I?” he tried making aegyo, a squeal almost resonating from the back of my throat. He was just too cute for his own good-

The slamming of the library doors pricked my attention, and turning with a scowl already seeping onto my face and ready to shout at the intruder that had the guts to make that much noise in a freaking library, I blinked upon seeing the said wolf boy walking towards us with a very serious expression placed onto his face. Uh oh, I must have shouted to loudly in my mind, or maybe J-Hope’s scent was probably overwhelming his senses, and he decided that he had had enough of it.

 

“Sarang, let’s go. Now” He snarled quietly at the boy next to me, eyes turning feral and lips curling back in an animalistic way “Get off of her boy”

My best friend, being the dumb bloke he was just blinked while turning to face me “Who is that, Sarang?”. Gone was the playfulness and aegyo tone that was present only seconds ago. This J-Hope had completely transformed into the serious boy that could kick if he wanted to, his eyes hard and as cold as ice as they tried matching Jongin’s hard glare. The testosterone in the air was so thick and fileld with hormonal tension that it could’ve been cut with a knife, and I noted Jongin’s fists clenching at his sides. This was going to get from bad to worse if I don’t stop one of them. Choosing Jongin over J-Hope was an easy feat, seeing as my wolf would probably go ballistic if I ever lay a hand on my best friend. We had all forgotten Namjoo’s awestruck gaze as she shifted it from the handsome stranger she had yet to know, J-Hope and I.

 

Pushing my chair back softly, I gripped onto Jongin’s arm and pulled him away from my two friends, shooting him a soft glare when he turned his brown eyes to me with a streak of red that burned my insides with fear. Oh yes, he was definitely in a bad mood right now. Everything I would do, I’d have to watch his reaction because once you made a wolf explode, Wu Fan had explained it all to me, the maneuvers of their species, chances were that the first one to be hurt was the one standing next to them. In this case, it definitely will be me if I don’t watch my tongue.

 

“Let’s go, Jongin” I pulled him away forcefully, waiting that we were outside of the library before I let him spin around and pin me to the wall, hazel eyes and all. I didn’t flinch. I was used to his sudden spontaneous movements and tricks.

“Who is he?” it sounded more like a hiss than a question.

“He’s my best friend” I whispered softly, watching the hardness in his eyes soften slightly before they hardened with a steely gaze this time.

“I don’t like him touching you that easily” Kai said flatly, leaning over me so that I had to tilt my chin up to watch him, fearful of what he was about to do next. My breaths came out as soft little pants while my mental thoughts started panicking. I hated it the most when Jongin became the arrogant, y as hell and cocky Kai. Jongin and Kai were two polar opposites and that was what scared me the most. With Jongin, he was all cuddly and full of rainbows and plushies and sweet things, like a boy. Kai on the other hand was the devil half that couldn’t be controlled, an untamed beast hidden behind bars.

 

“He’s my bestfriend, Jongin” I made a point to use his real name “He’s the one that stayed by my side for all those years, unlike you. You can’t expect me to push him away that easily”

 

‘You can’t expect me to lay back and watch when he’s practically all over my mate” he shot back.

I gritted my teeth “Well, that’s too bad you’re just going to have to deal with it”

 

And with that, I walked away with a sway of my hips, the anger venting out in the form of my clenched fists and grinding teeth, practically wearing the bones out and leaving the wolf behind.

 

I swear I heard a soft whine leave his lips at my departure.

 


Another update! I'm sorry about the plot moving slowly, but that's just a filler chapter. This is a shortfic so i'll probably end it at 15 chappies i guess :)

Anyway, enjoy, comment and subscribe! <3 i love you ma subbies! <3

 

PS: I'm having a prob for uploading gifs so mianhae because there aren't any gifs of adorable Jongin in this chapter :( 3