My Wolf

Tied To A Child

 

 

 

Next day was the same torturous sequence of events. I got up, went to school, saw J-Hope and felt my heart crush whenever he kissed or touched his girlfriend, as well as evading Namjoo’s incessant questioning throughout the whole of lunch. My mind was fixated on the creature of yesterday; I still hadn’t forgotten him, that russet wolf. I wondered about its family, did it even have one? Why was it so lonely then? Or more importantly, why was it all alone near the city? It could be dangerous for him if the animal brigade caught on that a wolf was roaming Seoul. At least worrying about my furry friend took my mind off J-Hope and the bullying I got used to everyday. Unlike Namjoo, I wasn’t a girl who was well-liked, especially since I wasn’t that pretty to begin with, nor was I a chatterbox and a social butterfly. I stuck to myself, and would always end up in awkward situations when talking to people I don’t know. Also, I wasn’t one to have a docile attitude towards fake es. Maybe it was just me, but I really couldn’t stand the stench coming from them, as well as their fake plastic smiles that made me want to retch my lunch. 

 

I know you’ll probably find me annoying and jealous. Truth to be told, yes I was jealous to an extent, but who isn’t? Nobody is perfect. 

 

“Get over it , J-Hope will never go out with someone like you” One of those hissed, eyes narrowing and jaw snapping like a hyena about to strike. 

 

The other rolled her eyes “Please, he has way higher standards than that” 

 

“And if you’re trying to break up Minah and him, well it’s already a lost cause. You don’t stand a ing chance” they sniggered when tears pricked at the back of my eyes. 

Yes, I was self-conscious about my appearance practically 24/7, I never looked at myself in the mirror for too long because I feared my own face. I didn’t have slim eyebrows, they were thick and striking. My lips weren’t plump, they were just normally sized with no hint of seduction onto them, nor was my nose high and pointy like I had injected plastic through my nostrils. Them making fun of my face didn’t help at all in my broken countenance, and I couldn’t take all the name-calling, the jeering, the catcalls anymore. I dashed to the bathroom and closed the door harshly before sliding to my knees, sobbing harshly at the unfairness of the world. 

 

Worry took over me once I had arrived to my safe haven, looking around to notice that the wolf wasn’t anywhere in sight, but soon giggled upon feeling it’s monstrous snout poking at my back playfully. It has become a habit of mine to go there after school and play with that beautiful creature that everyone feared. I couldn’t understand why people killed those animals; they were much better company than the es at my school. Even though my wolf never talked and probably didn’t understand a word of whatever was coming out of my mouth, he sat by my side attentively, tail wagging and tongue hanging out like an overexcited puppy instead of a big bad wolf. 

 

As the days flew by, my visits were becoming more and more constant, staying out until late with my wolf until the sunset. I couldn’t imagine leaving him on his own for fear that someone might capture him, but with a whine and a small growl, I was on my way home. It was on that particular night that I got the shock of my life. 

 

The door was unlocked by the time I got to my front porch, something I never found odd seeing as my dad always left it unlocked when he got home, a bad habit of his. Kicking off my shoes, I made my way tiredly to the kitchen while rubbing my eyes sleepily when I froze suddenly, my muscles stiffening immediately at the sight. 

 

No. 

It…it can’t be. 

What is that? 

 

Her neck was filled with small hickeys, her skin pierced here and there with numerous amounts of bruises decorating her pale flesh with a blue, purple-like tint. Her clothes torn and shredded to pieces, she lay there limply in a stranger’s arms, a puppet being handled by it’ master. Blood dripped at the side of her lips and her eyes were closed as if she was in pain. No sooner had I taken in this fruitful description that I realized that the woman was my mother. 

My mother. 

No, what in the world. 

She can’t be dead. 

She can’t. 

 

The stranger hissed at me, his mouth drawing back to reveal his fully-grown fangs while a snarl escaped its throat. His eyes were wide with rage and unknown lust, his hands gripping onto my mother tightly like she was a piece of meat. 

Fangs? 

 

I didn’t have time to blink, but the stranger lurched his body at me while tackling us both to the ground. I landed with a hard thud, my back colliding against the wooden texture of our floor and looked up angrily at him, who was busy snapping his jaws in my face. Urgh, god, his breath was disgustingly stinking of blood and decay. I kicked him once where the sun shines and rolled out underneath him. But he was stronger, and pinned both my hands on the sides of my face before leaving in and his lips. “Smellllllllllll..” 

 

I wriggled underneath him, shouting, screaming, doing whatever just to get myself out of this mess “Stop it! Help!” 

“ssssssssweet” 

 

He would have clearly killed me on the spot if not for whatever happened next. One moment, he had been hovering dangerously close to my face, and the next, he was gone, smashing through the glass and landing outside of my house while another something tugged at the back of my shirt and dragged me away. I screamed and started kicking at anything, just so that I dealt with the shock of the events happening to me. It wasn’t until a soft, familiar whine was heard that I froze and turned. 

My wolf. 

The russet one, with the hazel eyes that shone right now with pain and sadness in the glow of the moonlight. 

 

I blinked at him “What…What are you doing here?” 

He let out something sort of like a scoff, almost rolling his eyes as if saying “are you seriously asking me that” look. 

It was when the harsh battling sounds outside in the direction of the shattered glass caught my attention that I noted the two other wolves by his side. Both gray but with different shades. Panic rose inside my throat, but I stuffed it down my throat when my wolf pressed his face against my neck in an attempt to calm me. I clung onto him like my life depended on it, my gaze unwilling trailing over my mother’s still form who lay there on the floor, a broken mess. 

A sob escaped my parted lips, a ragged breath followed. My mother, the lady I had always counted on, the one that would always come to school events like I actually mattered, that single individual that made me feel wanted and precious in this world, like I always lighted up her face or made her day when she was sad. The one who actually listened attentively to my stories, my best friend in the whole wide universe that cared for me more than she did for herself…

Was gone. 

 

My wolf somehow felt the desperation and the battle of my emotions-animals’ sixth sense probably- as he pressed closer and my cheek in an attempt of comfort. Burying my face into the russet fur, I let the tears cascade down my cheeks while staining his body. That was the last thing I remembered before blacking out and falling asleep from the shock and probably the whole lot of the day’s events taking a toll on me. 

 

I couldn’t stand it anymore, so I fainted. 

 


 

 

“Looks like those coyotes aren’t backing off anytime soon” Suho ran a frustrated hand through his hair as Krystal sidled over to his side to sit herself next to him while running a hand soothingly down his back. The touch of his mate was enough to calm his nerves, and he sent her a grateful smile. 

She returned it dazzlingly, and Suho had never found something as beautiful as she. 

 

“Did you call the others, hyung?” Sehun plopped himself down on the couches opposite with a coke in his hand. A bruise was starting to form on his left cheek. He had mated six months ago with an older female wolf going by the name of Haerim, a noona-dongsaeng relationship in the tribe. He couldn’t be prouder. He watched her s-lined back now, in the kitchen preparing food for the wolves, and his gaze softened considerably. Who would’ve known that the maknae would have mated before his hyungs? 

 

 

There were already three mated wolves in EXO-K, while in EXO-M, only Kris and Lay ahd found their other halves. Kyungsoo, Kai and Chanyeol who still weren’t ready yet, although the youngest amongst them three was preparing his mate for whatever was to come. 

 

“EXO-M is arriving tonight. Actually, they should be here any minute now” Suho peeked at Kyungsoo’s face when the later made his entrance from the laundry room. “How’s Jongin holding up?” 

“He’s fine, just madly in love” Kyungsoo chuckled, reaching for a soda can that he popped open with only a finger. His strength was one that mustn’t be teased about in the group. “The girl’s fine too, just in shock I guess. She’s sleeping now” 

 

Krystal snorted “Jongin’s in love?” 

 

Suho ignored her question but smiled nevertheless. He was quite sick of seeing Jongin all alone, that pup needed someone to hang on. “That’s good. I think it’s better for her to stay here until she gets better” 

“Isn’t Jongin going to tell her though?” Kyungsoo asked, eyebrow raised. 

Suho shook his head “Not yet. He has to get to know her first. Poor girl will be shocked” 

“I feel sorry for the girl, to be honest. She looks pretty decent” Sehun clicked his tongue and received a joking slap across the head from Kyungsoo. At that moment, the newly made couple joined them in their nightly talks; Baekhyun and his newly found mate, Taehee. 

“Who is feeling sorry?” Baekhyun asked. 

Suho’s lips rose up in a half-smile while winding an arm around Krystal, who leaned into him “The girl, Kai’s mate, is going to have a tough time” 

“Nu-uh, from the way I see it, Kai is sure head over heels for her” Krystal added.

“Who would’ve known that this kid could fall in love?” they exchanged a chuckle. 

 

“They’re here!” Haerim cried from the kitchen. A second later as promised, the door practically broke down as six other males entered the premises, two other mates following along at their sides.  

“Why hello there, Wu Fan” Suho got up “thanks for breaking my door” he gave Mihye a gentle smile “hello” 

The boys greeted one another and tried making Lay’s newly found wife feel at home. She went by the name of Lin, a beautiful yet innocent name that fit her milky white skin and long dark hair perfectly. She was the reincarnation of an angel, and would always be found hiding behind her man like a scared child; eyes darting everywhere with newly found curiosity.

 

 

Kai practically smelt the love and warmth radiating from downstairs, and gritted his teeth in irritation. It wasn’t enough that he was the one to wait all those years for his mate to finally be acceptable to him and all others, but they just had to rub the fact in his face that they could hug, touch and kiss the love of their lives whenever they wished to, whereas he was stuck into trying to sort the pieces of his life out as to not scare off the girl once her eyes would open to meet his. 

Talking about his girl, his eyes traveled back down to the sleeping figure, his face softening at the sight of her bruised lower lip and a growl resonating inside his chest, low and threatening. He couldn’t help it, even though he tried. The protective wolf inside of him was screaming to be let out and tear that enemy to shreds. How dare they lay a hand onto his girl. he couldn't help the smile of tenderness making it's way to his face.

 

 

 

As if in a daze, his fingers went up to comb through her silky hair, tracing down her face to cup her cheek slowly in his big palm, loving how it radiated warmth and an electric pull that he himself couldn’t decipher. His breath was caught at the beauty oozing off her body, and the close proximity of their bodies wasn’t helping either. He really needed to learn how to control himself; for fear that the inner wolf inside of him would just jump at any given chance and take her then and there. 

No, he wouldn’t do anything that would hurt her, because she deserved that much and was to be respected. 

 

His once warm hand that was busy caressing the skin of her cheek froze once her eyelids fluttered open, and he stilled, eyed wide against the sudden contact of her glazed over irises frowning up at him cutely. 

 


 

 

Those eyes, dark and black as midnight and reflecting too many things to understand and try deciphering. They drew me in, like a drug I needed to survive; my eyes were wide with terror, wondering exactly who he was and what he was exactly. But then, a small flash of recognition passed across my face once I noticed that his eyes were glowing with a hazel tint. A color I could recognize anywhere even if I pointed it out blind. 

That color, my wolf. 

My russet, hazel-eyed wolf. 

I couldn’t help myself, I screamed. 

 

He jumped away, and although I tried to ignore the handsomeness that was practically rolling off him in sensual waves, I was even more weirded out when I took not of two, russet ears that stuck out of his head like a real wolf, and my jaw went slack. 

“Y-You! What are you?!” I screeched. In the spur of the moment, and with panicked eyes, I hurled the closest object to me at him. It turned out to be a pillow, not really damaging for a weapon. 

He blocked it easily and dodged the next that was aimed at his face “W-Wait! Yah woman! Quit throwing things at me!” 

 

“You ! What are you and what have you done to my wolf?!” I continued throwing anything my hands came in contact with, practically emptying his shelves of books and stationary while crying loudly in an attempt to escape and come out of this room alive. I had no idea where I was, so obviously my first instinct was to run, especially when this handsome crazy person had two wolf ears sticking out and twitching like it was the most normal thing in the world. 

Um, not. 

“Yah, will you stop!-“ 

“Not until you reply me you bastard!” I heard a growl, and my eyes widened in fear when he suddenly pounced and made me land hard on the surface of the bed with his hands clamping down my arms on either side of my head. Up close, he was all the more dazzling, and if it weren’t for those to animalistic ears, I would seriously have called him y or something. Oh my god, I slapped myself by my stupid thought which just had to start their commentary session when I was in the wrong kind of situation, not counting the fact that I didn’t know who the heck it was. 

I struggled feebly against his iron grip “L-Let go!” 

“Not until you listen to me” his voice, so smooth and silky like velvet. It made goose bumps rise up my arms and shoot down my spine in foreign tingles. I don’t know if I liked them or not. 

 

“You can’t make me. You’re not my mother’ I choked at the last word, tears springing up through my glands again when my mother was mentioned. The last memory I had of her was her body lying there, lifeless onto the cold, hard ground while I tried going over to her and cradle her into my arms, to no avail. I had fainted before that, in the arms of my wolf. His ears lightly twitched at the sound of my choked-back gasp, and was it just me, or his eyes softened slightly in the dim light of the room, making him appear all the more y? 

 

 

If I didn’t know better, I would have called his ear-twitching thing cute. 

Urgh, listen to me, acting like a really stupid idiot when I was about to get and pregnant. 

Not that I minded if that y beast was actually willing to. 

Hey, a girl loved her man y okay? Deal with it. We girls have hormones too. 

 


“Where’s my wolf?” I murmured through a small sob. His ears twitched again, and before I knew it, my wolf was staring down at me with a sad, forlorn face as his ears drooped. I blinked and frowned “W-what, am I dreaming now or are you all fluffy?” 

It seemed to chuckle slightly, before the boy was back again, his eyes crinkled in silent laughter. 

 

My eyes widened in realization. 

No

No way. 

My wolf…

My wolf couldn’t be him right? 

 

I was never one to believe in make believe stuff such as werewolves and vampires, much less fairies and goblins. No, my imagination wasn’t as wild as the other kids. Maybe because of everything that had happened during my past with the bullying and everything, where I sat praying that someone could actually pity me and help me out of that black hole of humiliation I waited for years, but nothing came to help me. In the end I just gave up, and when I did, I threw all my fairy stories out in the trash where they belonged. But now, staring up at this handsome wolf-boy, I felt the memories that we shared together click into place. No wonder he understood what I was saying to him, or would always smile and laugh at the appropriate times. I was right the first time, this was no normal wolf. That explained why he was so tame the first time I tried caressing him.

 

“What…” my mind was not in it’s right mind to function, and I could only stare at him. 

 

He hesitated slightly before sliding off me and presenting me his hand “it’s a long story. If you would please hear us out” 

 


 

 

Here's the second chappie. the story won't be that long that's why it's going at scuh a rapid rate. i can't wait to write the fluffy and possibly half ty scenes in this story weeeeeeh imagine Kai as a y werewolf dayummm *.*

i hope you liked it guys, let me know what you think! <3

Upvote, comment and subscribe! <3