Final

Tied To A Child

“Er ma gawd you guys reek of each other” Sehun’s first remark shot through the air when both my wolf and I walked down the stairs into the kitchen. He had an arm slung across Haerim’s shoulder, and instantly cringed, lodging his face in the depths of her neck while I just rolled my eyes at his childish behavior. He must have forgotten that he too, had probably gone through a similar situation with his mate, so he could just shut his mouth because no way was I going to do anything about it.

“I’m pretty sure their room smells of ” Chen noted, taking another bite of his bread as Jongin smacked the back of his head.

“Urgh let’s just not go there, I’m eating for god’s sake” Chanyeol burped and shuddered, while Baekhyun sniggered behind his bowl of cereal, high-fiving the latter. I could only sigh in amusement at their annoying attitudes, noting down exactly who had been teasing me so that I knew whom to bully when one of them would find their mates. It was going to be so fun for me, I smirked inwardly at the torture and pain of merciless teasing I was going to put them through. Nobody messed with Lee Sarang unless they wanted twice the payback.

“Kai, I am putting your blankets in the laundry” D.O called from upstairs. I was pretty sure that both the said boy and me flushed red at the same time, knowing that D.O had already seen our ministrations and activities during the night. Even though everyone already knew about it, I was still as embarrassed as ever seeing as he was visually and physically touching the place where we bonded as one. If I were he I wouldn’t even dare to do that. On the other hand, I had to admit that someone had to do it right? And of course Jongin didn’t even know how to use a laundry room, so god knows what he would’ve done. Without Kyungsoo, their house would’ve been a pigsty.

“Sarang” Kai’s velvet voice smoothed over my earlobe, his breath hitting my face when his arm wrapped securely around my waist “calm down, it’s okay” and chuckled in amusement at my red cheeks.

Later in the day, my wolf brought me to the Han River where we placed ourselves on the green grass parallel to the clear crystal waters, lying down on the blankets he had provided for us. Kai had his arm under my head that acted like a pillow, while my face was cradled in between his shoulder and neck. We watched the birds chirp and the soft sound of the water gush to and fro inside the river, it sounded relaxing my muscles and making me sigh in bliss. I had always yearned for peace and quiet once in a while, and it seemed like Kai had understood my mood very well since this morning. There was this lingering fear now; what was to become of me? Would I have to give up my studies? Will I become a mate that only stays home and does the dishes? I didn’t want that kind of life, no matter how much I loved Jongin to bits. Now that I thought of it, I didn’t even know what he did in life, and wondered briefly if he had gone to school and gotten his diploma.

“I’m a dance instructor” he replied my question with as much ease like I had said it out loud all along.

I jumped next to him “How-?”

Only tapping the side of his temple in response, he brought me down again and smiled against my cheek, nuzzling it with his nose “Now that we’re bonded, I feel and know exactly what you’re thinking”

“Are you serious?” my cheeks blossomed scarlet. He must be kidding.

“Damn serious” He flashed me one of these crooked smiles, the ones that erupted a troop of butterflies fluttering up and down my stomach while I just watched with a mesmerized expression on my face. How can it be possible for him to be so handsome? It just wasn’t fair.

“Between the two of us” his fingers reached out to play with a stray strand of hair, rolling it around his finger “You’re the prettier one”

I narrowed my eyes at him “can you not read my thoughts?”

“No can do” He flashed me his gummy smile this time and I melted instantly even though I hated myself for it. The fact that he knew what kind of effect he had on me was devastating because he could very well use it against my advantage.

But then again, did I have the same effect on him?

Hm, interesting thought Sarang.

“I hope Luhan can convince Seulmi” I sighed against him, my gaze trailing off in the distance. It wasn’t fair that Luhan was the only one without happiness, because after all he’s done for me; helping me through everything, comforting me when Jongin wasn’t there, hugging me to make me feel better, acting like the fatherly figure I could look up to. I had never been fond of Luhan since he was a brat full of insults and sarcasm dripping from his tone, and yet he was the one to give me sheer strength from his words, he was the one that lifted me up on my feet when I fell down, so fate should at least give him his strike at happiness right? Guilt flooded my heart, and I vowed to myself that I would talk to Seulmi and convince her once and for all. An abashed wolf could possibly live on without his mate, but getting rejected twice was just appalling and could result in disastrous consequences of Luhan’s fate.


“Say Sarang” Kai murmured next to my ear, his voice creating goosebumps across my body. I shivered and leaned in to his touch, my nose prodding his collarbones while I inhaled his scent.

“Hm?”

“Are you happy?” I felt his body shift and I knew without even looking that his gaze was locked on my face, trying to decipher exactly the source of my thoughts even though he already knew half of them because of the bond. He watched me intently, so intently that I couldn’t help but squirm.

“I am happy” I smiled. I definitely was. What with everything that had thrown me off my equilibrium lately, I was grateful that Kai had even stepped my way. The fact that he had been looking over me all along throughout my childhood years till the time I met him, well I felt really thankful. Not that I didn’t feel like I was stalked at first because yes, it was definitely creepy. But that was before I learnt about the whole wolf concept and how it was much deeper and darker than it seemed. Bonding with a wolf was just another experience altogether, it was even impossible to compare it with love. Love was putting aside everything for someone else’s happiness. But bond, a wolf bond was just… sacrificing your life and doing everything in order to protect the one you love. Not  for their happiness no, because there might be things that would hurt them throughout their joy, but it was to put their safety before your existence. Doesn’t matter if you died because of it, just the thought of your mate safe and sound was enough to revive you. You lived to protect your mate and yours only.

Jongin my cheek with his strong fingers, then reaching for mine and curling him with his. A small smile twitched onto my lips when I reached up to peck his cheek lovingly, thanking him on the inside for everything he’s done for me.

“I love you, Jongin” I said in a small voice.

He chuckled into my hair, pressing a chaste kiss onto our entwined hands “I love you too beautiful” and held me tight as we watched the night fall over us like a black blanket full of diamonds splattering across the skies. It felt like god had drew this palette to represent our love. My star was just right there in the sky, and his was just beside me, always and forever.

 


 

 A FREAKISHLY SHORT ENDING I KNOW HUHUHU ;_; BUT I TRIED MY BEST, SINCE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF EXAMS AND ALL :( 

But i hoped you liked it even, and this is the end for TIED TO A CHILD *sobs*. I can't express how thankful I am for all the support given throughout this short fic, although i planned it to be only 10 chapters or so, the loved I received to spur me on and help me write out my ideas from my subscribers just gave me that additional boost for me to make 20 chapters :) I'm so thankful to all of you for your love! Thank you so much for actually taking your time to read this story although it isn't the best *though i wish it was* I will really try hard to improve on my writing skills and bring forth more stories in the future :) <3 

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, WELL SO LONG AND FAREWELL MY BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS! YOU CAN FIND ME AGAIN THROUGH MY OHER FIC " I DID IT FOR YOU (CLICK)" ! <3 

 

LOVE, XXX DREAMYME