Surprise

Tied To A Child

 

 

LISTEN TO : BEST LUCK- CHEN (EXO COVER) *shameless advertising* 


“Why are you so jumpy today?”

I looked over at Namjoo with a small frown decorating my face “Me?” I laughed softly and nudged her playfully on the shoulder “What are you talking about, I’m perfectly fine”

“You’re smiling like an idiot. Something happened right?” She scrunched her nose like she always does when something is suspicious to her.

“I do not smile like an idiot!” My cheeks flamed with color.

“You so do”

“I do not!”

She threw me a pointed look “You’re blushing. Let me guess?” tapping her chin with her finger, her eyes scrutinized me and suddenly burst into a teasing smile “Did something happen with that Jongin? Huh?”

 

At the mention of that particular boy, I felt the blood rushing up to my cheeks like watercolor paint would spill over a blank page, and Namjoo instantly squealed while clapping her hands in glee. I could only cover my face between my hands and mutter a soft groan “Shut up, Namjoo”

 

“So it is! Oh my god I knew it! What did you guys do?! Did you kiss?! Make-out?! Have Se-“ I hit her head hard with the back of my hand to get some sense into that girl, the redness of my cheeks accumulating into a blazing fire “Yah!”

 

She blinked at me innocently “it’s not like you’ve never thought of screwing him-Ouch!” I hit her again. My skin was scorching with the amount of embarrassment that was crashing through my nerves. Just the thought of a topless Kai trying to get into my pants resulted in me squirming in my seat, torn between desire and fear.

 

“You’ve never talked to me about him though, since when did you start going out with him?”

 

I bit my lip “a few weeks ago, probably”

“Don’t you count your monthly anniversaries?” She raised a brow “Do you even remember the date you made it official with that guy?”

Oh , I completely forgot about that. “Um, I guess it was in…um…”

“Yah, you’d make a really bad wife you know that?”

“Well dates aren’t important, right?!” my cheeks puffed out in frustration “Modern couples don’t celebrate their anniversaries!”

 

“Yup, a really bad wife indeed” she sniggered while covering with a hand, but before I could reach over and slap some more sense into her, someone I haven’t seen for a long time stepped in front of me, making my head snap up at him in irritation. “What-“

I momentarily stopped breathing when I caught sight of my best friend looking down at me with an unfathomable expression lingering across his features. Why he was looking so forlorn like a small puppy that had lost its mother, I couldn’t grasp the reason behind it. The memories of Kai’s scowl when he realized that I still harbored feelings for J-Hope flashed across my eyes like a banner, a red-stop sign. I realized that I was now wary of J-Hope, not because of him, god no, because I had no idea of what to make of our relationship now. Where did we stand?

“Can we talk?” His voice was so foreign, unlike his own which contained happy feelings of excitement and optimism. He seemed devoid of every emotion at this moment, and I gulped loudly.

“W-Wae?” I bravely stood up for myself.

I wasn’t leaving this class without a reasonably explanation. Just the thought of imagining Kai’s painful expression and grieve-filled soul made me flinch. No way was he ever going to feel that kind of insecurity ever again; I had vowed myself to it. Kai will not and never will be victim to this kind of pain ever again.

But J-Hope was my best friend. The fact that trust was an issue between us caused an even bigger problem.

 

“Just because, please” His eyes begged me, glinting with unfallen tears that got me shocked for a minute. He was one of the toughest people I knew, never had he cried in front of me. J-Hope put a huge amount of effort in his pride and watching him fighting to blink back the tears like a small kid made my heart clench, and with a sigh, I agreed reluctantly and followed him out in the corridor.

Folding my arms over my chest and leaning onto the wall opposite the classroom, I threw him a look as if saying ‘get on with it already’.

 

The brown-haired boy scratched the back of his head, his own habit when nervous before saying “Hyuna told me…things”

He took a pause, then “About you”

I frowned “And?”

“She told me..” he took a deep breath “That you liked me”

I was supposed to feel this pang of fear, or even guilt and pure terror about him finding out the nature of my feelings.

But I didn’t.

Maybe if he had told me a year ago, I would’ve trembled and prayed fervently that he reciprocated my feelings.

But now, everything was different.

I was different.

“Yeah, so?”

“I-I never knew you felt that way, Sarang-ah” J-Hope’s voice quivered with uneasiness, like he was about to cry, god knows why. Looking down, his fists were curled into tight balls that tensed so hard veins were threatening to burst out of their blood vessels. “All those times I hugged you, or kissed you on the cheek, i-I’m so sorry. You could’ve told me, and maybe I-‘

“What would you have done?” I cut him off, voice sharp. The fact that this boy standing in front of me was reminding me of all my past memories and how I lived through them by hiding behind a fake smile I strained across my lips, how I cried myself to sleep night after night because I felt worthless, like no one wanted me, no one would ever love me because I was never smart enough, never pretty enough nor talented enough. I unconsciously felt my hands mirroring the brown-haired boy’s, my nails digging hard into my palms I was certain that they left moon-shaped crescents. I never knew I would’ve been confronting him about all of this all so soon, but thinking back, I’ve been such a cowardly fool. If I loved J-Hope, I should’ve done something about it. I’ve grown so much in the past few months I’ve lodged with the wolves, and the statement that love did change people was applicable, at least to me. Jongin opened up my mind and showed me so much more than I ever could’ve pictured. He accepted me for who I was even before he got to know me personally. If I was ugly, he found a way to make me feel beautiful. If I was in a bad mood, he lifted it up whether it was by cracking old and lame jokes that no one laughed to.

 

Realizing that he was still waiting for my reply, I continued on, rambling “Would you have dumped Minah for me? Would you have helped me protect myself from all the bullying I’ve gone through? I’m sure you weren’t even aware of how much your fangirls pestered me. I hid it so well, my crush for you. I’ve cried so much tears knowing that you would never look at me that way because you’ve got Minah. And then to make it worse you just cling on to me whenever seems fit, kissing, hugging, teasing…it probably is nothing to you but to me, those small actions determined the world”

 

J-Hope bit his lip and took a step towards me “Sarang, I’m really sorry if only-“

 

“But it doesn’t matter now. It’s the past” I looked at him straight in the eye “I love someone, J”

 

“W-What?” He looked taken aback, and I frowned. What? Did he possibly think I was going to wait for him forever? I didn’t want to die a nun, please.

“I love someone. Kim Jongin, in fact”

A pause. Then, “Ah”

 

“You don’t think I would’ve waited for you right?” Suspicion lingered through my tone.

 

He looked at me straight in the eye “No”

“Good” I nodded and smiled “I hope we can be like before though. I don’t want this to affect our relationship”

 

“Y-Yeah”

 

 ------------------------------------

 

 

 

Krystal rinsed the last mug and placed it onto the towel for it to dry when she picked up the sound of familiar footsteps nearing their house. Smiling softly under her nose, she popped her head out in the hallway and yelled, “She’s coming!”

Muffled sounds and grunts ensued, along with a soft ‘ouch, ya that was my ’ followed by a string of curses. She giggled and hid herself by the door, knowing that in a few seconds, Sarang would be bursting through with a tired expression on her face.

 

“I’m home-“

 

SURPRISE!” Everyone jumped from their hiding place, balloons and fake firecrackers bursting through throughout the place followed by shouts and cries of welcome while the newfound mate blinked, eyes wide at the scenery in front of her. The wolves were sporting party hats and she wondered briefly whose birthday party it was today and how the hell could she have forgotten it?

 

“Eh~” Sarang blinked in confusion “Did I miss something?”

The crowd burst out laughing while shaking their heads at her ignorance. “How could you have forgotten, you idiot?!” Krystal shouted and pounced onto her, causing the smaller girl to lose her balance and topple forward, heart lurching in her chest when she saw the floor coming closer and closer-

“Yah Krystal, get off her you fat ” Kai’s hands were instantly cradling her waist, and Sarang almost lost breath to how handsomely cute he looked with his disheveled hair. Damn, her hands ached to run through those silky strands.

 

“But I just wanted to wish her happy birthday” Krystal pouted when Suho pulled her off with a low chuckle. Then it clicked in Sarang’s mind. Birthday? She thought idly and slightly dazed by the statement. Hell, she had even forgotten that it was her birthday today. How did it not cross her mind? And could she please receive a slap across her head for being so incredibly stupid?

 

Kai could read her facial expressions like an open book, and let out a breath “I hope your stupidity does not run in our bloodline in the future”

That statement earned a glare from the latter, and she replied “How about I make you immune to having children, sweetheart?”

The wolf chuckled before calming her down by skimming his lips over her temple, cuddling her against his stoic frame protectively to let her know that none of what came out of his mouth was real. He wished to have children with her, lots of little wolves running around the place. Just the thought of it made a small smile twitch onto his lips.

 

“Dude, only one year left before you’re legal!” Haerim slapped the younger girl on the back, wriggling her eyebrows in the process “Can Jongin wait that long?”

The said wolf flushed as red as a fire engine, and everyone burst out laughing.

Chen cooed, ruffling Kai’s hair “So cute, Kai. I never knew you had it in you”

“Hyung” he whined softly, like a kicked puppy.

 

Luhan clapped her hard on the back and messed up her hair with evil glee, a mischievous glint in his eyes “Happy Birthday you fugly face”

“YAH! Do you wanna die?!” She tried hitting him in vain. The boy ducked, laughing manically.

 

“Sarangie!” The said girl turned in shock at the sound of that familiar voice that she had heard just minutes ago at school, and she gasped when she saw Namjoo wriggling through the crowd and embracing her in her arms, practically throwing her body onto hers and knocking Sarang’s breath out of her lungs.

“Happy birthday!” She cried, her grip getting tighter by the second “I was trying so hard this morning to blurt anything out to you, but these guys here told me to shut up and zip it”

Sarang laughed, “Who invited you?”

“Well your Kai of course, that hot y boy with that damn y to match” Namjoo cooed shamelessly while the wolf blushed all the more, the redness of his cheeks threatening to get permanent while the crowd laughed, high-fiving each other and not shutting up for the latter’s glares weren’t doing anything to scare them off.

 

Namjoo tugged on her arm “they told me to bring a few of our classmates, so I did” Sarang greeted them with equal excitement. The batch contained badass Seulmi, quiet Rebecca from the states and cute but a little blonde and annoying Kyungmi. They were all nice compared to the rest of the es that ruled the school, and she would usually have small talk with them once in a while. She received a fierce squeeze from Seulmi, knowing that the latter was a passionate person but also could be one of the coldest. A hug was something she never gave to anyone in particular, so Sarang felt quite proud that she had at least received that much.

 

“Well, don’t forget me”

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

I froze in place. It clicked instantly in my head that this was J-Hope, standing a few feet away from me with an easy smile curving onto his lips. Closing my eyes briefly and turning to flash him a smile, I walked up to him and was surprised when he suddenly hugged me, a bit too close for comfort while Minah was still at his side, an unreadable expression present onto her face.

 

“I never knew you had that much friends out of school” J-Hope said, finally releasing me from his deathlike grip while I heard my wolf growl lowly in his throat at the contact. He hated it when J-Hope touched me, especially when it left me enclosed in his scent.

“I’ve recently just met them” I replied, nodding at the pack of wolves. A sizzle jolted through my veins when Kai’s familiar hand wrapped around my shoulder and pressed me to him. I nodded at J-Hope’s girlfriend, keeping that mask of pokerface “Hi Minah”

“Hi’ she greeted shyly, and I almost snorted at the fake innocence that oozed off her.

 

“Hey, let’s go and cut the cake!”

My head whipped around instantly “CAKE?!” I shrieked in excitement. I loved cake! I worshipped it, even!

“Yeah! C’mon you gotta make a wish!” Krystal dragged me by the arm to the living room and I gasped when I got a glimpse of my birthday cake. It was a dark chocolate mint that caused my mouth to water. It looked superbly tasty, not taking into account the fact that it smelled heavenly.

Can we just skip the photoshoot? I felt like eating already.

 

“You greedy little minx. You’re gonna get fat if you stuff yourself” Kai’s words brushed against my ear shell as I sent him one of my meanest glares. It did nothing to scare the boy away for he chuckled lowly and ruffled my hair, causing me to groan in annoyance and try fixing it again. For god’s sake, how was I supposed to take photos if I looked like I just got out of a wrestling battle?!

 

After a long series of everyone wanting a photo with me – god, there was nothing special about me alright I don’t see why they were making such a big deal out of this- it was finally Kai’s turn. That cheeky little puppy decided that it was time to have some fun with me, and just when the camera was about to take a shot of us two, the brat leaned down onto the surprise me with a long kiss onto my cheek, making me blush right down to the tip of my toes as my heart accelerated inside my chest. The wolves, hearing how rapid my pulse was beating through my veins, chuckled light-heartedly while sending us teasing glances. I only shook my head in exasperation, Jongin smiling like a happy little boy beside me when his arms wound round my waist and letting his chin rest in the crook between my neck and shoulder.

When everyone was tired enough, they all decided to leave, and it was when Namjoo and the rest of my classmates were busy entering the car that a sudden snarl tore up through Luhan’s throat, causing his eyes to flash red when he suddenly pounced in their direction. A gasp left me in a breath while Chen’s arm shot out to snatch Luhan back, watching him intently and trying to find a connection between the disgruntled wolf and the car in which they left.

 

Luhan growled loudly this time, before a howl erupted from his mouth as multiple werewolves pounced onto him to keep him down. I took a step back, then another until Kai pulled me away and hid my face into his chest, bringing me over to the kitchen for me not to see the sight that was going on in the hallway.

 

“What happened?! Why is Luhan like this?!” I started panicking as soon as I set foot into the other room, swiveling around to face Kai. He sighed, raking a hand through his hair and not meeting my gaze.

I raised a brow “Stop hiding it from me. I can read you just as well as you can read me”

His eyes found mine, a soft twinkle present in his gaze as he slid his hands around my waist, bringing me closer to him. “Is that so?”

I nodded.

“Luhan…” He took a deep breath before continuing “I think Luhan’s found his mate”

“EH?!” I gawked at him “But hasn’t he been rejected by his mate, once?”

“Yeah but it’s probably one of her reincarnations or something” He pressed me against the table where the cake was found, his hand twining a piece of hair around his finger and curling it behind my ear affectionately.

I shot him a surprised look “It can actually happen?!”

“Yes it can, but it depends. It continues until your mate finally accepts you I guess”

“But is he going to be okay?”

“Why are you so worried?”

“Because..well it’s Luhan”

His hand suddenly swiped a bit of frosting and he landed it on my nose. I jumped backm looking cross-eyed at the frosting decorating my nose as he snorted with laughter.

My cheeks reddened as I yelled “Yah! That’s not funny you- you!-“

Another piece of cake landed on my cheek and with an enraged yelp, I took a piece and smashed it in his face, loving how it caked his features with chocolate icing that made me burst into a fit of giggles. He looked ridiculous like this, I must admit. The cool and y Kai reduced to a mere fool.

“Why you little brat!” He roared, catching me round my middle when I tried escaping, placing me onto the counter as his body found it’s rightful place in between my legs, trapping me in while I felt my face heat up once again from the close contact of his body against mine. Who would have known that we would have been that intimate to each other already?

“Y-Yah, Jongin-“ My sentence morphed into a gasp when his lips trailed onto my cheek, tongue darting out to away the excess chocolate while a soft mewl escaped my breath, almost begging for him to continue on, because in no way had I ever felt this rush of desire. My palms were pressed against his chest, and as I spread my fingers out over his pecks, I noticed that he stilled, taking a deep breath before continuing to the chocolate off my face. His lips landed on my nose and I giggled out of instinct, using a hand to wipe some of the icing off his own face.

He caught my eyes in the most tender of gazes, his own chocolate orbs burning with what I would call affection before diving in and molding his lips with mine.

It was soft nibbles and bites onto my bottom lip at first, but then his hand slid down my waist to my thigh, and I moaned unconsciously as he took this chance to suddenly slip his tongue into my mouth. It was the first time he had done something as adventurous and let’s just say I was a tad bit inexperienced in this field. I yelped, kinda freaked out at this new feeling, but Kai wasn’t having any of that for he grasped the back of my neck while wrapping his tongue around mine in the most intimate of embraces. Our wet muscles twined around each other like pieces of vines finding each other, and it was only when I tried reciprocating his movements that a soft, guttural growl was emitted from Jongin. His chest heaved as he continued his assault onto me. My hands flew up to his head, grasping and tugging at his hair while his own hand kept going further up my thigh, feeling my skin with the softest of caresses that one could’ve mustered, like I was made out of fragile china. I moaned in his mouth when he did something extraordinary, my head practically bobbing back from the impact of his attack. He nipped and bit at my lips, making me moan his name breathlessly against his ear while I pressed open-mouthed kisses onto his cheekbone. His mouth dragged down my jaw, finding it’s way into my neck as he led onto the soft skin, my body arching against his at his sensual touch when another gasp fell from my open mouth, hands tightening onto his head. As I tugged onto the dark brown strands, a y groan was emitted from the boy and I couldn’t help but the feel the satisfaction glow within my core.

 

But when his hand suddenly slipped up to finger my underwear, reality came crashing back and I pushed him away with the sanity I had left. Which, trust me, was at it’s bordering line.

I was so not ready for that, even though my wolf and me had been quite intimate these past few days.

He whined in my ear, nipping it “What’s wrong, angel?”

I shuddered at the feeling of his breath hitting me, my stomach churning with want “We have to wait”

“Wae?” he grated helplessly against my cheek now, peppering soft kisses down my face. His hips suddenly jerked up to meet mine, a soft grunt leaving me at the contact of his grown rubbing against my clothed core. How dare he tease me like this!

“J-Jongin…Please..” I begged, trying to push him away.
“Urgh fine” He pulled away and let his forehead rest on my shoulder instead. I sighed, my head falling back and closing my eyes to relish into the moment we’ve just experienced with each other.

Every passing day was blissful with Jongin.

 


 

 

Haiii thereee! It's been a while! 

This is a super duper long chappie to make up for my absence. Schools' started and it's just been a mess with all the deadlines that have to be given in and stuff gawd, I hate school T.T I'm not promising anything about updating cause exams are just around the corner so I'll probably be going on hiatus soon enough, or semi-hiatus :x Mianhaee, but I'll try my best to write in my free time! <3

Hope you enjoyed this one! THE FLUFFYYYYY JONGIN ARGHHHH SO CUTEEEE! <3

 

 

I NEED YOU ON MA BED RIGHT NOW. GAWD JONGIN DEM S THOUGH *.* *DIES IN A HOLE* 

 

 

and then there's cutie pie jong that just ruins it all with his perfect smile <3

 

 I love all my subbies :) 

~Dreamyme