Prom Dance I

Tied To A Child

 

 

 

There!” Krystal breathed as she took a step back and analyzed her artwork. “You look splendid, if I may say so myself”

I rolled my eyes “You are so full of yourself”

“I’m only saying the truth” She giggled “You want me to say you’re ugly when you know you’re not?”

At that particular moment, Tao popped into the room with a bag of cheerios in his hand. From the day we had met, he was always stuffing his face with some kind of snack whether it was healthy or not. Not that I didn’t understand him; I ate like a pig when I was pms-ing, why couldn’t he? He was the cute little brother I never had with his overfilled aegyo and endless catfights with anyone and everyone. His mate would be one of a kind too, I suspected.

“Hey Sarang, Kai’s waiting down…” He trailed off when his eyes landed on me, brown orbs threatening to fall out of their sockets while his jaw fell to the floor, one piece of cheerios falling out as he continued taking in my appearance, and I almost scoffed. Have I changed that much? I didn’t have time to check myself out in the mirror yet, but if Tao’s taste was a nice one, I should suspect the same reaction from Kai, right? A nervous feeling washed over me at the prospect of his own brown eyes raking my entire form, in my appearance and the way the dress hugged my curves in all the right palces – as Krystal mentioned- and the way my hair fell across my shoulders to tumble down my back in soft waves. Somehow, I was more worried about what Kai might say and how he was going to take it.

“S-Sarang, y-you look so p-pretty” Tao choked on his bag of chips. I smiled despite my troubles, the kid was cute and knew how to please girls “Thanks, Tao”

“A-as I said, Kai was waiting…”

“Right” I advanced forward only to be stopped by Krystal’s hand on my arm. When I turned to give her a quizzical look, she pointed to the heels and I almost passed out from their length.

“Are you crazy?! I’ll break my face with that!” I exclaimed, eyes wide.

“Come on don’t be a sissy. They’re just 7 inches”

“7 freaking inches?!”

“Just put them on!” She buckled both of my feet and with a swoosh, ordered Tao to walk me down the stairs in case I fall. I stumbled my way over and kept a firm grip on the boy’s arm whenever I felt like the Eiffel tower about to crash from it’s length. Although the heels had accentuated my shortness –I was an average height girl- I was still way shorter than the chinese male accompanying me, and I couldn’t help but purse my lips in annoyance.

 

“W-Wait a minute” I called out to Tao before we entered the living room. nervously, I glanced around before peeking into the mirror by the hall as I wondered exactly what I looked like.

Tao only chuckled, bringing me over and letting my eyes bulge out into saucers and my jaw go slack.

 

The girl in the mirror- it definitely wasn’t me- looked similarly to what I used to see, but my eyes have never been that doe-eyed or never contained this soft and innocent yet y look. Krystal had lined them so that they stood out, adding on to the smoky eyeshadow and I looked like a doll. The shade of lipstick was between rose and red, but looked natural enough to pass as the color from which I got while biting my lips. My nose looked pointy and much more dainty, my hair falling across my right eye in a side-swept fringe while the rest tumbled down like a mass of curls that glinted light chesnut brown in the small patches of sunlight that streamed through the windows. The dress was another story entirely; it was a strapless black piece with a sweet plunging neckline, and hugged my curves perfectly to my mid-thigh, before it split on my left thigh so that we could see most of my skin. The dress was y yet had this very professional and glamourous look about it. I definitely wasn’t cute, but I wasn’t a bomb either. I would call myself beautiful.

 

“Sarang, we need to go, where are…. you?” I turned to see a blush blaze across Jongin’s cheeks as he took in my appearance, his wide eyes reflecting one of a lost child’s as he continued gaping. Embarrassment filled my veins and I looked away, fiddling with the material at my hip “S-Sure, let’s go”

 

I was going to cross the porch when I looked back to laugh at Kai’s stiff posture, still watching me like I was some kind of alien from outer space. “Jongin?” I called softly. “Let’s go?”

He blinked and snapped out of his trance “Y-Yeah, let’s go” and hesitantly placed his hand on the small of my back like I was glass. I chuckled despite my inner thoughts of just not going to that damn dance, because if it could befuddle Kai’s mind and make him go blank, well I guess it was worth it. I had a satisfaction upon watching how I affected him so well when I was dressed up.

I wasn’t that charmless after all.

He didn’t utter a word, not even during the ride in the car. His gaze kept wandering from the window to me, taking in every little spec of detail that Krystal had forced me to go through and shaking his head with a blush that was threatening to get permanent. I crossed my legs, feeling very conscious of my appearance every second that passed. I wasn’t used to dressing up and feeling like all eyes were on you, so trust me to make a fool of myself and stutter my way out. Growing up, I hadn’t been part of the crowd who loved going to each other’s places to play truth or dare, of all games. I hadn’t been those girls who continuously crushed on boys and exchanged popular teen magazines about tips how to attract get a boy to crush on you, so as you might have expected, I was quite a beginner in this territory. Not being used to wearing makeup was one thing, while being a pro at eyeliner styling was another. I was scared of the girl’s remarks about my appearance once I would step inside the gym. They would probably be plotting a war against me, and let’s not forget Kim Hyuna shall we? She posed as the biggest threat right here and now.

 

“Sarang, we’re here” Jongin’s voice broke through my endless thinking. I nodded and followed him out, tripping over my own feet and ending up in his arms. I blinked and bit my lip as he set me back so that I gained balance with a hand wrapped protectively around my waist.

“You’re so clumsy” he chuckled lowly as he led me to the gym like I told him to. I narrowed my eyes at him and scoffed “Shut up, you’re not the one wearing heels okay?”

“Who told you to wear them?” He snorted, “I didn’t”

“Krystal did” I mumbled.

“But you do look beautiful tonight” He murmured, his breath colliding with my ear as the said area turned red at the contact. Oh Jongin, the effect you have on me.

I blushed “T-Thanks”

 Once I stepped foot in the gym, a pair of arms wound around my waist and buried their noses in my hair as my breath halted. I knew that scent anywhere, J-Hope. “Y-Yah” I pushed him away slightly while the boy pouted at me with his puppy eyes.

His eyes sparkled upon taking in my appearance “You’re so pretty, Sarangie~”

“Thanks” I thought that sparks would flow down my arms as he said that, but surprisingly the effect he used to have on me has worn off. Did that mean that I was starting to get over him?

“And this is?” He turned to look at Kai with a greasy smile imprinted on his face. “You’re the one from the library right?”

J-Hope beamed, he had never been one to keep grudges against people, especially strangers unknown to him.  The latter meanwhile, looked at him like he had committed a crime and he seeked revenge for it.

I gestured towards my wolf “this is Jongin, but everyone calls him Kai’ I gulped “He’s my date”

“J-Hope?” we all turned to see Minah waving at us as she approached our group, and a soft slither of jealousy seeped in my heart at the innocence and beauty that radiated off her skin. Contrary to me, she had worn a white off-the-shoulder dress that shimmered with sparkles as she walked. She was pretty and she knew it all too well, I grinded my teeth together.

“Oh hi Sarang, and this is?” I knew by the look in her eyes that interest lay in them, and almost cursed. How dare she check out a guy when she already had J-Hope?!

Jongin’s hand went to wrap around my waist, pressing my face into his neck as he replied “I’m Sarang’s boyfriend, Kim Jongin” before he whispered “You’re cute when you’re jealous” in the shell of my ear and causing me to shiver.

Urgh, I almost forgot how he could read my thoughts.

 

“W-Wait, you have a boyfriend?” I raised a brow at Minah’s stutter, challenging her to think otherwise as Kai threw her his most seductive smirk that he could muster practically pressing my body into his. “We’ve been dating for quite a while”

“And you haven’t told me?” J-Hope sent me a pointed look that I chose to ignore, suddenly taking an interest in Kai’s yummy collarbones, which I must admit, do look seductive and y in the soft glint of the gymnasium lights.

“Well” Jongin cleared his throat and sent the couple another smile “If you may excuse us”

He drew me away swiftly with his arm still wrapped tightly around my waist so that tingles shot up and down my spine in desire. Jongin did look all the more y with his tousled pulled-back hair and his tuxedo, one that fit his body in all the right places to give off the broadness of his shoulders and the toned, flat chest that may be the cause of dying fangirls. He pulled my by the arm as soon as they were out of earshot so that I came face to face with him, bumping my nose into his pecks “Ouch”.

I rubbed my nose and scowled at the handsome wolf.

“Is that your best friend? J-Hope?” He wrinkled his nose in distaste. 

I glared “yeah, so what?”

His lips tilted into a smirk that sent a troop of butterflies flying across my stomach “Nothing, I just thought that my competition was much more than that”

“Yah! What does this mean!?”

“Nothing, just that your taste is horrible”

I wrinkled my nose in annoyance “Screw you Kai”

“Yah yah yah” He pulled me close so that our noses slightly bumped against each other. My eyes widened, staring into his own that seemed much more mesmerizing and captivating up close. I felt his breath wash over my face and breathed in his musky scent unconsciously, Kai did smell good after all. “It’s Jongin for you, I don’t like you calling me Kai”

“Wae?” I mumbled, too fixated on the way his plump lips moved as he spoke, his tongue sometimes darting in between to them. He couldn’t understand the hormones that were rolling and battling each other out inside me like a bunch of snakes snapping at each other. If he had wolf urges, well I had mate urges, and right now it wasn’t looking good, my mate was practically begging for his touch in order for me to be satiated and filled with a wholeness that only Kai could maintain. My fingers clenched onto the fabric of my dress as I tried to maintain part of my sanity I felt slipping away each second.

I swear he would be the death of me.

 

“I know I’m hot stop screaming it out loud” He chuckled lowly while my face blossomed into red. How could I forget every ing time that he had access to most of my brain?! Argh! I wanted a hole to come and swallow me up right now; the embarrassment was to much to bear.

 

“Sarang?”

I recognized that voice as one of my closest friend’s. “Namjoo!”

“Omg you’re so pretty! Is that your date?” She stepped back and her eyes widened at the handsomeness of my wolf. Well, couldn’t balme her. Kai was hot.

Kai nodded and bowed “I’m Kim Jongin, Sarang’s boyfriend”

I nudged his arm in protest but if he had received any pain, he hid it well. “O-Oh, I didn’t know you had a boyfriend. You’re the boy from the library aren’t you? I knew there was something fishy!”

 

Suddenly, the lights dimmed, and slow music bleared through the speakers while many couples made their way to the dance floor. I had always had this childish fantasy of having my first dance with my first love under the moonlight while soft background music would play. It would be romantic and sweet, as he would whisper nothings in my ear so that chills ran down my spine. Unfortunately, this dream was long gone ever since I’ve known about my bond with Kai, not that I minded really. The kid was growing on me, and I really couldn’t say that I hated it.

 

“Wanna dance?”

 

I blinked to see Kai’s hand ready to take mine. “A-Are you serious?”

He raised a brow “do I look like I’m laughing?”

Scoffing, I took his hand before sticking my tongue out at him and he guided me across the floor until we blended with the others so that we didn’t stand out too much.

Then he melted my body into his soft embrace and pulled me close, our bodies barely separated by millimeters.

 

 


 

 

Kai’s breath halted as he took in the image of this fallen angel in his arms. Her hair glowed with an enticing light as he could imagine himself running his fingers through her wild locks and mess them up, his fingers itched to trace the soft skin on her face and caress those peony cheeks that were calling out to him to leave his mark in the form of kisses, his lips ached to feel the sensation of pressed on his. He hadn’t taken the kiss into the French kissing second level, for fear that Sarang would back out and think of it as gross, but night by night, he had lay there thinking of how and where he would mark her skin once she would bear his imprint and serve his bond for the rest of her life. He was falling all the more I love with her every fibre of being each and every second, and wished torturously that she felt the same way.

He would wait for her, if forever was the time to be waited.

He just wanted her to love him back.

 

As he led her into the dance, her hands that were placed on his shoulders slid up to his neck, her fingers playing with the soft baby hair at the base of his scalp. Shivers of lust spread throughout his body, and the inner wolf in him was baring it’s teeth already and whining as Kai tried settling it down with consolations. It was hard, really hard to maintain his self-control, but Kai couldn’t, wouldn’t let his wolf win. Once he would mark her as his, he would make sure that he was fully alert about it and would make it the most beautiful moment of her life.

 

“Jongin” She whispered, her lips parting and making the wolf groan. She wasn’t making it easier for him at all.

“Hm?” placing his jaw onto her temple, he hummed in her hair and relished in her scent.

“When do you plan on marking me?”

So straightforward, so blunt. Letting his lips linger on the skin at her temple, he then looked down at her face and brushed some stray hair off her eyes, curling it around her ear while caressing the soft skin “Why that unnecessary question?”

“No, I just..”She squeezed her eyes shut, heaving a breath “I just want to be ready when you imprint on me”

Jongin sighed before laying his forehead onto hers, noses nuzzling each other as he gazed into her open brown eyes sparkling into the night “I would never do something you’re uncomfortable with” He murmured cajolingly. “I’ll wait until you’re ready. I would never take advantage of you, Sarang”

 The gym was dark, and the dim lighting hid the blush that was slowly blossoming across her cheeks like paint would spread over a white cloth, but Jongin’s sensitive eyesight didn’t fail to notice the rosy patches glowing bright red, and pride welled up inside his chest for he knew he was the cause of this reaction.

So Sarang wasn’t that immune to his advances, this made things a lot better already.

 

Not being able to restrain himself, Jongin pressed a small chaste kiss onto her open mouth, watching her eyelids flutter in anticipation and part shock while she gaped at the boy before her.

He chuckled and kissed her again.

And again.

And again.

He was about to lean in again when Sarang’s hand blocked his mouth from coming any closer. “They’re watching Jong”

“Let them watch” He felt dizzy with her addictive taste, wanting and yearning for more.

“Jongin” she groaned in warning as the boy whined softly while pressing butterfly kisses along her jaw, down her neck. His body shuddered at the intonation of her soft soprano, sending chills of desire through his veins.

 

“I can’t believe you, Lee Sarang”

Shocked, the said girl’s eyes widened as she spun around to come face to face with Hyuna along with a camera in her hold. She was beautifully, ily clad in a hot red dress that reached just millimeters past her bum, and her lips were coated with a red lipstick to match. It felt like the smile of the devil.

“What do you want, Hyuna?” Sarang hissed. She wasn’t in the mood for such games. The other girl stepped forward and leaned in next to her ear, breathing, “I never thought you were a two-timing ”

“What do you mean by that?”

Kai cocked a brow and took his time analyzing Hyuna’s features. Definitely a , he thought with growing irritation at the latter, especially since she was trying to hurt his soulmate.

 

“You like J-Hope, and here you are kissing another guy”

 

 


 

   

   

   

 

Hey guys! Here's another chapter update and dumdumdummmm drama coming up people! Heads up! You guys ready?! I hope there's enough fluff,.... or do you guys want more? 

Anyway, there's going to be another wolf that will find its mate soon, try and figure out which one ;) <3 

Subscribe, comment and upvote! <3 ~ 

i love you all~