Meeting

Tied To A Child

-8 years later- 

 

 

 

 

 

All it took was one ring of that school bell for the class to empty out like a pack of excited puppies dashing to the exit for food. I could only roll my eyes when someone jeered at me while commenting something like ‘flat nose’ and stuff. People at this school had no pride whatsoever, and if he thought that his insult had any effect on me, well he was wrong. I had 17 years of my life to perfectionate my mask and build walls of protection over my heart, and it wasn’t about to collapse now. Fixing my bag, I got out of the classroom quick enough to cast a glance to my right- wrong move. 

 

“Sarang!”

 

J-Hope flung his body onto mine while crushing me into a massive hug. Oh my gosh, if I died now, I would definitely be happy in heaven or hell, or wherever I was supposed to go after death. The scent of his cologne did nothing to appease my throbbing heartbeat, and I was scared that he could hear it’s unusual rhythmic pattern due to the closeness of his body. I sighed in contentment, then pulled back slightly upon noticing a familiar face looking in our direction. 

“Why?” He pouted unconsciously, not knowing what kind of an effect he had on my hormones. Dude, can you not, please. 

“Your girlfriend” I muttered when he turned. His face changed almost at once, his features brightening up like a child receiving his gift early on Christmas morning, eyes sparkling like those golden retrievers that wanted to play. I could only watch while my heartstrings snapped off one by one when he went over and kissed Minah smack on the mouth. 

 

Do not lecture me about a cliché story because I know that already. J-Hope was my best friend, and he loved someone else. I should just give up and continue with my life, the end. What made it all the more difficult for me was my behavior towards him. I couldn’t possibly ignore him out of my own will, as he would totally guess what was going on behind my coldness, neither could I act like I always did around him –like a giddy little schoolgirl- for I liked his girlfriend just as much and respected her like a real older sister. She had the ability to make him smile all day, and even for that I was grateful. What turned out to be his girlfriend though was none other than one of my own friends, which made me feel even more backstabbed. Sorry for the y attitude, but girls are sentimental like that. 

 

“Saaaa~ are you even listening to me?” J-Hope broke me out of my reverie. 

 

“What?” 

 

“I said, let’s go and get bubble tea. I know a new shop that just opened up” He grinned foolishly with one arm slung around his girl. Minah blushed, her red cheeks being observed by yours truly. If it hadn’t been for her –she was such a nice and simple girl- I would have been seething in jealousy. 

 

“Um, I-“ I was cut off by my other friend, Namjoo who made a sudden appearance beside me and saved my . Thank god for her, or I would’ve had to tag along like a real third wheeler. “She’s coming to study with me” 

 

“That’s not fair, you’re always hogging her!” J-Hope argued. Rolling my eyes at his childish act, I put on a poker face while replying “oh, grow up, J” 

“Let’s go, Sa” 

 

Namjoo had always been one of my close friends, and was now a trainee under ACUBE entertainment. I was happy for her, since her dream of being a singer was slowly taking place and forming in reality. Not only was she pretty, but her heart was as big as the moon. She loved us all to the moon and back, and there wasn’t even once where I questioned our relationship. I didn’t even have to tell her about my crush on J-Hope, she had guessed it already. When I asked her about it, she just replied that it was so obvious that hearts were literally hanging out from my eyes every time I looked at him. 

In my defense, I don’t really think so. 

 

“Are you okay?” her brows were furrowed, a typical thing when she was in deep thoughts. 

I sighed and exhaled through my nose while pinching the bridge “Yeah, never been better” 

“Don’t lie” 

 

“What else can I do?” I turned to her and met her eyes for the first time today, knowing that mine reflected the pain I was enduring “ I have to, I can’t ruin their relationship” 

 

“J-Hope’ she started as we walked home “is an idiot” 

Snickering, I replied ‘wasn’t he always?” 

“And Minah is getting as annoying as ” 

 

I stopped and blinked at her “Don’t take it out on Minah” and shrugged my hands into my blazer pockets “She’s a nice girl, I like her” 


“But she knew about your crush, Sarangie, a nice girl wouldn’t have confessed like she did” 

I shrugged “she was never indebted to me, I can’t be mad at her even if I want to, because J-Hope loves me” 

“Nu-uh” She wagged a finger at me “J-Hope is infatuated with her. It’s different” 

We had to part at the crossroad seeing as my house was way off the main road, so we said our goodbyes before I turned to walk home alone and take time to reflect on my actions and feelings of the day. At the end, I was always stuck in this situation where I don’t know to whom my heart belonged to anymore. When I was in a battle of emotions like now, for instance, I would divert my way to the forest clearing near my home. There was a small field at the end of the thick mass of trees that welcomed me each time with open arms, as well as a huge tree where my back loved resting on it’s wooden texture. All in all, it was the place for me to let out everything I’ve been going through lately. So settling myself comfortable in that small space I could practically call home, I let myself relax and doze off, mainly to escape the reality in which I live in. 

 

Crack! 

 

My eyes shot open at the sound, body tensed. 

What was that? My eyes glanced around but nothing out of the ordinary was in sight. A beat of silence assed before I heard it again, loud and clear. It felt like something was approaching, or someone. My eyes widened on their own accord and before I could let myself think rationally, my body took over and it shot up on it’s feet, swiveling around only to come face to face with an animal. 

 

Holy mother of

A wolf. 

 

 

 

I screamed as my body lost balance. Before I knew it, my palms came into contact with mother earth, fingers gripping tightly onto the blades of grass as I watched, frozen with my jaw hanging slack, at the size of this beast. 

It definitely wasn’t a dog. It approached me quietly, without even a sound in it’s wake except for it’s soft grunt and groans. Fear paralyzed me and I knew it was the end. It was going to tear me to pieces before eating me up, it’s malicious eyes were glinting in the afternoon rays of sunlight, and squeaking, I shut my eyes and cooped in on myself, trying to make me as invisible as possible, if only that was the case. 

 

I expected the worse to come, I expected his fangs tearing through my skin and yapping away at my shins while blood spurted out like a waterfall, but instead the unexpected caught me so off-guard that a yelp escaped my lips.

The beast prodded me with its snout. I held my breath, not lifting my face. Maybe if I didn’t move it would think I was dead and would go away. 

Anyway, I was all skin and bones; at least it should know that right? 

 

I felt, more than heard his breath hitting my face with slow pants. A sudden strike of courage shot up within me, and raising my face slightly, I peeked out of my fringe to meet its eyes, glowing a beautiful hazel color that left me speechless. It was beautiful. As if in a daze, my hand moved towards it’s face and the creature didn’t even hesitate to it’s face into the palm of my hand before rubbing into it like it had been waiting for this very moment. 

A small giggle escaped my lips. It was so cute. 

As if understanding my thoughts, it whined a little and my fingers playfully, earning yet another round of giggles from yours truly. 

“Such a good boy” the fear had dissipated, and was now replaced by genuine curiosity while I trailed my fingers through it’ soft fur, which was russet and glowed fiery red in the afternoon sunlight. Its eyes were thick with lashes, as dark as midnight, and the swirls of brown in his green eyes were sparkling, like it loved my caresses “Or are you possibly a girl?” 

 I have no idea why I had this impression, but it seemed to be that the wolf frowned, and I quickly took back my words for fear of it growling or attacking me. “Sorry, you’re a boy right?”

I laughed at myself “Look at me, talking to a wolf. That’s new” 

The wolf’s mouth tilted up into a half-smile, like it was laughing with me. It was the most comical thing I had ever seen, and to be honest, it was amusing to watch. A smile broke out onto my face while the large puppy leaned over to my cheek affectionately, making me giggle once again. 

 

“What are you?” I whispered half-heartedly. Wolves weren’t supposed to be this tame, why is it even letting me caress him? As if hearing my thoughts, it barked softly and cuddled closer to my body, practically pushing me back and making my land hard onto the grass. My hands wove around it’s neck and hugged him close to me, he was such a beautiful creature. I felt safe with him, protected like I had never been before. Time passed, and when I took a peek at my watch, I noticed that it was slightly past 6pm. I jumped up so suddenly that it startled the wolf, and growling slightly, it cocked its head at me with a confused expression. 

“Don’t look at me like that” 

 

 


 

Kai’s heart almost burst at the closeness of her body. Her scent was all the more enticing up close, she was like a buffet, and Kai was literally drooling. She radiated, dripped of ual temptation, calling out to him like an innocent being when in reality, Kai’s inner demon was yapping loudly and wagging it’s tail, ready to pounce. Her touch was heaven; sending sizzles all over his body and making him go all short of breath. If he had been in his human form, he would have been so aroused by her actions. However, the crinkle of her eyes brought him back to the times where she would be carefree and wild, natural in all the senses of the word. There was nothing more precious than her. All he wanted to do was to run his hand through her ponytail and let her glossy locks fall free, just like she would let her hair down at night and roll over on the bed so that it became a y mess. If he woke up to that scene everyday, he’d die a happy man. 

She was his treasure. 

He almost lost it when she hugged him close, the wolf part of him sensitive to her body touching his everywhere; her cheek against his fur, her knees pressing onto his front paws, his muzzle poking her shoulder blades like it was the most natural thing in the world. 

 

His disappointment was clearly washing over his features when she got up reluctantly, and knew that she had to go home or it’d would be too late. Girls were not allowed to walk on the streets at night, and he wouldn’t want her to either. Her safety came before everything. 

He watched her go with forlorn eyes, but inside, he was cartwheeling and dancing happily like a crazy person. Not being able to help himself, he rolled over onto his back and yapped happily with a wagging tail. 

 

Soon, he’ll let her know. Soon, her world will change. 

Soon, she’ll be his. 

 


 

 

how's the first chappie?:D