Scent

Tied To A Child

 

 

I settled down in the werewolves’ house since then, knowing from what the wolves had told me –they had identified the last red splatters as my father’s blood- that my father was dead as my mother. Somehow, the shock of it was gone, leaving only grief and sorrow in my wake. When I couldn’t cope with it anymore and finally broke down with all my emotions pouring out like an overturned river of tears, Krystal had comforted me with a welcoming arm around my shoulder, while Haerim hushed a soft lullaby in my ears, Mihye rubbing my leg soothingly with a motherly touch, and Lin my hair. All in all, the girls really helped me settle down and get comfortable in that atmosphere and that group which I now called family, or somewhat the individuals that would be when Jongin bonded with me. Just the thought of it made chill run down my toes.

“How did you fall in love with your wolves?” I asked one night, when all girls had crowded inside one room before pushing out the wolves and complaining that we were going to have a serious girl-to-girl talk and that they would never be welcome no matter what.

 

“I personally, had loved Joonmyun from my early childhood, so when I found out he was my mate, well it was only a matter of time until he fell in love with me too” Krystal cheekily replied, flipping her hair in mock glory.

 

Haerim rolled her eyes at the younger female wolf “Usually, in your case. Kai would be the most attached one seeing as he had been waiting 8 years. It’s not something you can avoid because when you do, it hurts you all the more, not only the wolf but also the mate”

 

Oh yeah, the 8 years story.

Guess what was my reaction when I found out about it? Oh yeah, I didn’t freak, I did worse than that. Learning about how Jongin used to stare at me through my window made me feel . How many times had I been changing with my window open? And curtains draw? Worse, I had this bad habit of strutting inside my room with only my towel around my body. The thought of it burned my cheeks with a flame that didn’t go unnoticed by the wolves, mind you.

 

“It was really annoying at first, how Yixing kept tagging beside me and offering me things as a sign of courtesy. I hated it, but when I told him to get lost, the pain in my chest would only get worse” Lin added with her soothing, soft-spoken voice that could melt the maddest of men. True, she was angel’s reincarnation, and had this innocent glow about her that made my fingers itch to squish and squeeze her body, even though she was way older than me.

 

“Urgh, let’s not talk about Kris shall we?” Mihye rolled her eyes “I wish he was like he had been back then, all cheesy and cute. Now all he wants is a good dinner”

 

The girls laughed and so did I “it’s okay Mihye, you know he loves you”

“Yeah, but a little attention once in a while wouldn’t hurt now, would it?” the latter grumbled with a frown upon her face.

“So, what are you going to do about Kai?” Krystal prodded my arm as I jolted, blinking up at the four of them. Oh no, I hated being center of attention.

Blood rushed to my cheeks, tingling them with warmth “Well, I really don’t know”

 

“One thing’s sure, he loves you to bits” Haerim chuckled. “His eyes say it all”

“He’s like a puppy in love” Mihye said.

“Not to forget that he has abs to die for” Krystal swooned when I only raised a brow. Seriously? Checking out my man?

“He is really handsome” Lin squeaked softly. We could hear a soft groan coming from the other room, indicating that Yixing had definitely heard about Lin calling other boys handsome.

I cupped my cheeks, knowing that they were becoming redder and redder by the second like paint spilling over a white sheet. Imagining a topless, heavenly-shaped abs Jongin was just too much, just the thought of my fingers running through his hair was a dream, and his mouth would press kisses upon my sensible points, tasting me while I squirmed beneath him, his hard body rocking with-

NO! I screamed at my inner thoughts at the same time a whirlwind broke through the door and in a swift motion, I found my face level with the face of the boy whom I’d been dreaming of seconds ago, his face crushed with worry and concern. For me? He was worried for me? My eyes softened at the genuine light shining from his mocha orbs, until he spoke in that sultry voice of his.

“I thought you were having a seizure,” He whispered while tracing patterns onto my cheek. I was probably too surprised to move, seeing as he was practically just 1 inch away from me.

“H-Huh?” was the only response that left my mouth in a yelp. How did he know about that?

“You realize that I can hear your heart and practically everything that was screaming through your thoughts seconds ago” He seemed so calm and composed while knowing exactly that I had been imagining a hot, y scene with him on top of me. That didn’t help anything at all, and squeezing my eyes in embarrassment, I used my force to push him away and slide my gaze to the floor.

 

I could die in a hole right then and there. Gawd.

“Hey she’s fine, god” Haerim put a protective arm around my shoulder before pulling me close to her so that a whiff of her vanilla scent entered my nostrils. I felt like her small sister. I liked that.

 

“Kai, you broke the door. AGAIN” Krystal noted while pointing at the wooden door, now half-hanging from its detached hinges. The boy only shrugged while sending her a lopsided smile. “Sorry about that”

A small sliver of jealousy seeped inside of me at how he looked so comfortable in Krystal’s presence instead of mine, and I blinked at my sudden possessiveness over the boy. God, he wasn’t even my true mate yet, and still I felt this uncomfortable fire burn within my chest every time he smiled at someone other than me. Get a grip, Sarang, I chided myself so as to calm my emotions.

 

“Hey Sarang?” Kai – I got used to this name as well, even though I preferred Jongin –called out to me.

“It’s okay to be jealous” He winked mischievously at me when I turned to watch him, practically sauntering out of the room when my cheeks flooded with color. The girls only squealed in response, making me turn an even darker shade of red.

 

Screw you, Jongin. Look what you made me do.

 

 


 

 

It felt weird going back to school one week after the incident happened. Nothing had changed, I did. The classes were the same boring greyish white, the students were still the annoying, gossiping bunch, and J-Hope was still as lively as ever. Yet, I felt like I was disconnected somehow, like I didn’t belong there in this class full of people. There was a secret I knew now, a secret about wolves and mythical creatures that had attacked my parents. The Sarang that people knew a week ago was no more, she was replaced by a much bitter, a much more traumatized and experienced Sarang that was always on her guards no matter what, although she tried blending in and acting like nothing happened.

Usually, I’d be crying in J-Hope’s arms about the world’s unfairness and how god specifically chose to kill my parents.

But not this time.

I wasn’t going to let myself go.

Not forgetting the fact that J-Hope had a girlfriend now, and how Jongin would probably run right over and rip his head off like the wolf he is.

 

“Sarang! You’re back! What happened to you? Were you sick?!” J-Hope bounded over to me the second his gaze landed on my sitting figure next to the window. His face was just a bit too close for comfort, and with reluctance –for his smell was wafting through my nostrils and I had to restrain myself from burying my face in his chest- shrugged out of his arm that he had slung around my shoulder. All those questions fired at me were present in his eyes, query swirling in the chocolate orbs.

 

“Yeah, but I’m better now” I smiled weakly. Obviously J-Hope being the blonde he was, still pressed me on with his arm around my shoulder and clamped on my skin so that I didn’t have any chance of slinging away now. Heat started crawling up my neck and with great difficulty, I tried fanning my face in order not to blush in front of this perfectly made man.

Glares from girls were thrown at me, but I could merely care.

“You still feel a bit hot though. Are you sure?” His hands were cool, and now that I looked at it, thick and coarse with veins. Kai’s hands were on the contrary, slim and muscular enough not to be feminine.

“I-I’m fine” I muttered while swatting his hand away.

 

He suddenly hugged me, making a gasp erupt from my mouth as my eyes widened in surprise “If there’s anything that’s bothering you, you know you can trust me, right?”

 

That type of J-Hope, this soft and tender side of him was the one that had made me fall for him. it would never come out in normal circumstances, but when a problem arose, he was the one I could count on, even when everybody would have left me. The concern shining through his gaze was enough to make me soften towards him, and with a soft smile returned his hug as a sign of thanks.

 

“Thank you, J”

“Always, my Sarangie~”

 

“Ehem” a cough was heard, and instantly I pushed him away with red cheeks.

His girlfriend shot us an incredulous look before pointing at J-Hope and muttering something along the lines of “We need to talk”, making the boy jump up as they exited the classroom.

My heart, which had been soaring across the skies and clouds, fell again.

“Are you alright, Sarang?” Namjoo suddenly appeared by my side. I nodded and tried not to think of the events that had just happened two minutes ago. One moment J-Hope was here for me, and the next, he was gone like the wind.

A sigh escaped my lips, and Namjoo got the clue that it was about that said boy. Her eyes narrowed “I told you to get over him. He’s in a relationship, Sarang”

 

“I know” I groaned, letting my head fall into my hands ‘But it’s not that easy, especially when he gets all caring and stuff”

“Deal with it girl. Or you know what will happen”

“Yeah, a broken heart. That’s what’s going to happen” I grumbled.

She chuckled “Bingo, 100% right. You’re smart for someone so dumb”

“Yah”
 “I should probably consider setting you up on a blind date” She started fantasizing.

Rolling my eyes, I replied “You crazy? I wouldn’t even go if you begged me to”

 

 My mind flew back to Jongin, and a small smile crept onto my lips. I didn’t need a blind date. Not yet. Because apparently, I had a mate already. I wasn’t ready to accept it, but I was more than willing to give this thing a try.

After all, what have I got to lose?


“Sarang, are you listening to me?” I snapped back to reality when Namjoo’s hand waved in front of my face, and nodded sheepishly while scratching the back of my head like a school kid that had just gotten caught looking out of the window instead if focusing on the class.

 

“Huh, yeah sure”

Her eyes were narrowed into slits “I swear something changed with you since one week ago”

“Oh really?”

 


 

I tried reflecting onto Namjoo’s words when I walked home alone, frowning. Did I really change that much? She had no idea about the fact that my parents now lay underground, buried beneath the soil with tombstones above their heads. I felt bac for keeping things from her, because after all, she was such a close friend, practically a best friend that had helped me through thick and thin. But the werewolves were clear about that, no telling to any tattle tale humans which might spread the news everywhere like the pests they were, those words had spurted out of Kris’s mouth without even the slightest sympathy, and something told me that there was much more to his repulsion to humans.

A wet nose under my hand.

 

I gasped, giggling, “You’re here!”

Wolf-boy wagged his tail at me, tongue flapping out like an excited dog. Crouching down, I ruffled his ears and scratched the back of his head with my hand, forgetting for a moment that this wolf and Kai were actually linked. “I’m still not over how you’re Jongin too.”

The wolf narrowed it’s eyes at me, as if judging ‘what are you trying to say?’


“Well, you’re much cuter like this. In your human form, you’re all cold and harsh and…scary” I admitted to him. One ear perked up at my statement, and he looked as if he was raising a brow.

“Anyway, what are you doing here?” My voice dropped into a murmur while I looked around at the deserted neighborhood “You’ll get caught”

Kai shook his head at me with twinkling eyes, as if saying ‘you’re so gullible’. Then he turned and presented his back to me.

“Y-You want me to climb on?” I stuttered, eyes wide. What if I fell? Or what if he got hurt?

He growled to reply my doubts, and I quickly complied. An angry wolf was never a good thing. We rode all the way to his house, and as soon as we reached the front porch, he didn’t even let me get down but instead phased.

I screamed “Yah!” And momentary felt air surrounding my body, until warm arms were holding me in a bridal carry.

 

Jongin chuckled “You’re so cute”

I glared in response “You should see yourself in your wolf form. Now that’s cute”

“Nope, you’re cuter” he declared when walking up the steps.

“Says the puppy with the wagging tail and flipped ears”

“Says the angel in my arms”

“Says the cheesy- Yah! What are you doing?!” My voice rose an octave higher when his face suddenly closed in on mine, and I squeezed my eyes , fear engulfing me as I felt his soft breathing caressing my skin. As much as he smelt good and he was my mate, I wasn’t ready to get as intimate as that, dude geesh.

 

I snapped out of my thoughts when he sniffed my neck gently, his nose practically prodding the skin underneath my jaw.

 


 

 

As much as Kai wanted to dip down and kiss her senseless –as his inner violent wolf was suggesting him-ther was something else that was bothering him, a foul odor that clung to Sarang’s skin like a second paint coat. He was oblivious to the nature of it, but knew that he hated it with his entire core. Without warning, he found himself bending down to sniff her neck, the smell coming off stronger than ever, and not realizing the frozen girl in his arms who stiffened all the more when his nose traveled south to her collarbones.

 

“What” he sniffed again, closing his eyes for inspection. Male. “Is this smell?”

“W-What smell?” Sarang replied with fear enclosing her voice. Upon sensing it, Jongin caught her eyes and gave her a gentle smile to appease her thoughts. Her relaxed body after that said it all. At least he had some kind of effect on her, he high-fived himself inwardly for that.

A Boy, his nostrils clicked at the word, and a growl erupted out of his chest without warning, making the girl in his arms freeze with tension. A boy touched my mate, his inner wolf was yipping at his ankles, imagining exactly what he would like to do. First, tear his clothes away from his body, then attack his skin without leaving any porcelain clear from his gruff paws, then-

 

“J-Jongin?”

 

Everything. Every thought, every action he had been planning, everything just washed away when she spoke softly “everything okay?” she was still trembling in his arms, and she was probably looking up at him with scared eyes due to his red ones that were flashing with anger at his particular thoughts.

 

I hope he’s okay, her thought echoed to him. His motives dissolved just with a click, and the anger dissipated a soon as it had come, turning his eyes into the beautiful hazel color they always had been, glinting in the sunlight. He turned his face and smiled at her softly, before planting a peck on her forehead, his lips lingering there on the soft patch of skin for the longest second.

Don’t let any other man hug you again. Or I’ll have to mark you much earlier”

 


 

Well well well, look who we have here, it's cutie pie/y/ hot/ jealous JONGIN. 

I wouldn't mind one bit if he sniffed my collarbones, he can sniff it all he wants *y thoughts should stop getting to me* 

Hope you liked this chappie! As you can see they're slowly developing comfortably with each other! If you liked it, suscribe, comment and Upvote! Thanks to all my subbies btw, i love you THIISSSSS MUCHHHH * Open arms wide* 

 

ON ANOTHER NOTE: 

 

i've been testing and playing around with GarageBand and Imovie, so if you'd like to check out my cover (Pretty please with a cherry on top? It's not the best, it's just for fun, mind you) *Puppy eyes at readers* click on the link below! :D 

 

 

So Long- Apink Cover 

I hope you guys will like it, although please ignore my FUGLY face and my false notes, and enjoy :) Subscribe, like and comment if you do! :D <3 that would make me so happy! ^^ 

Also! Follow me on SOUNDCLOUD and INSTAGRAM! <3 

INSTAGRAM: nutmegg_97

SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/nut-meg-1

 

 

AND OMERGASHHHH JONGIN IS BACCCCCKKKKK TO BROWWWWWWNNNNNNNN YAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!