Threat

Tied To A Child

I apologise for my lack of updates...i've been busy with scout stuff and whatnot this week so I had was super tired and busted that i didn't even have energy to write anymore... T.T Mianhae, hope you'll forgive me for that chingus! This is a filler chapter for you guys just to pause things up before the real drama starts. And btw, this is a short story so obviously won't be as long as others, maybe 20 chappies or so...anyway enjoy, subscribe and comment! <3 

I love you all my subbies! <3 

:) 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Days seemed to pass by in a blur, and soon the day of the prom was slowly approaching, making all girls on campus giddy with excitement as they talked excitedly about their dates and what kind of dresses they would wear for that formal event. Me? I could only roll my eyes at their stupid questions and giddy statements about how dreamy their men would look that night. Of course, J-Hope no doubt asked his girlfriend to the prom, and Namjoo had found a CUBE trainee to go to the prom with hers going by the name of Minhyuk. As much as I resented their adorable skinship and annoying bickering, they were the cutest couple I had ever laid my eyes upon, I gave them credit for that. Once again, I felt like I was being pushed away from my friends. Namjoo now spent most of her lunch times in the training dance room, where most trainees would go to as they wanted to make their debut fast, while J-Hope flocked hopelessly devoted to Minah. I tried restraining the negative feelings that took over my body every time I sat, all alone in the lunchroom, putting a forced smile on my face so fake I was scared of it cracking at any minute. 

 

It wasn’t until two days before prom night that I entered the dance studio, enthralled by the number of people crowding the place. Squinting, my eyes slowly scanned each face until they reached a destination. There she was, sitting quietly in a corner while exchanging pleasantries with the other trainees or soon-to-be ones. 

 

“Namjoo-ah” I called upon reaching the small group of girls. Everyone’s heads bobbed up at the appearance of my voice, and I shrunk unconsciously under their judging gazes. They seemed all the more intimidating up close, and it wasn’t necessarily because of their beauty, no. it was because of their postures, glowing with profound happiness and hope at the prospect of being taken by an agency. The said brown-haired girl jumped up and clung on to me like a baby monkey, a grin breaking onto her face when I pulled back. 

 

“I’m so glad you came!” her bubbly voice floated to my ears, causing me to wince. 

I liked Namjoo, I really did. But sometimes she was just a bit too chirpy for me. 

“Did you finally find a partner for prom?” her eyes glistened with genuine hope and part concern. 

I bit my lip in response and on the spur of the moment – I didn’t want to worry her that much- I replied, “Yes, I did” 

“Chincha?!” She squealed and hugged me again, her bones pressing onto my body and choking the breath out of me “I’m so happy for you! Who is it huh? Who’s’ the lucky guy?!” 

“Um” . Now what? “Kim Jongin” 

 

She raised a brow “Who’s that?” 

“He’s..” I gestured towards air, hoping that she wouldn’t notice the fact that I wasn’t meeting her eyes like I usually would. I hated lying. “A friend of mine” 

“That’s great, he’s not from school is he?” 

I shook my head and she gasped, “I’m sure he’s pretty handsome then” 

I chuckled despite my lies. Namjoo, oh sweetly blinded Namjoo “Yeah” I confessed. Jongin was quite handsome. Now that I thought about it, I had never really checked him out. I made a mental note to do that at least. I mean, I just decided that he was to be my cavalier for the night, he should be agreeing right. He would be happy anyway, knowing that I chose him over J-Hope although it wasn’t technically the case since I wasn’t even on J-Hoe’s list of options anyway. 

Namjoo squeezing my arm brought me back from my thoughts “I should be going Sarang, I have an audition right now” 

“arraso” I smiled at her in the most encouraging way possible “Fighting Kim Namjoo!” and raised my first. 

 

She grinned back before disappearing down the corridor, leaving me in a room full of unknown people. I sighed and made my way back to my classroom upon hearing the bell ring. Little did I know that someone was following me all the way down the hall, his or her footsteps echoing behind me on the marble tiled floor. I took notice of a silhouette, and instantly recognized it as one of the es around the school going by the name of Kim Hyuna. 

 

Being rich, beautiful and popular was Hyuna’s greatest qualities, as she had a pea sized brain to make up for her natural beauty that many of us envied, as well as a y attitude that could get away with everything. Having been accepted as a trainee under CUBE entertainment as well, she always had her nose stuck in the air in a permanent poise as well as sunglasses that rested on her nose. Rumor was that she was soon to be debuted under a girl group, which wouldn’t surprise me knowing how pretty and popular she was. Even without any makeup, she was a flawless doll that could probably outnumber numerous miss word candidates. Her problem with me? Well, I wasn’t really sure of the source myself but it may be due to the fact that I was best friends with J-Hope, one of the cutest guys at school and got along well with Namjoo, her worst enemy. 

Without a single doubt on my mind, I swiftly whipped around and glared at her. “What do you want?” 

She wasn’t there for a mild chitchat that was for sure. 

 

The model-like girl topped in her tracks then blinked innocently, her voice coming out like a fake ’s “What do you mean?” 

“Stop your damn acting, it doesn’t work on me” I snapped. 

Her expressions instantly clouded over in mere seconds “Alright, I’ll tell you what I want from you” 

I tried setting on my best pokerfaced expression, but inside my stomach was churning with a bad feeling; one that left me unsure and unstable about what was about to come out of her red-coated lips. 

“I have a secret, Sarang. A great big fat secret of yours” she started, twirling a strand of hair around her finger while her gaze swept over my fragile frame. My fists clenched at the way she smirked at me so effortlessly, even looking so damn gorgeous with our stupid school uniform that was a practically nun’s outfit. 

 

My heart failed me the moment the word ‘secret’ burst out of . What? 

What secret? Could she know about Jongin? Is she aware of the otherworld that surrounds us human beings? Was she perhaps a mate? 

 

“You like J-Hope” 

 

My jaw dropped to the floor while my heart stopped beating for a long moment. A silence ensued, with me being gob smacked at her statement while she stood there, effortlessly bored or trying to look uninterested. 

 

My lips tilted up in an attempt at a smirk “Keep dreaming. Where do you get your little fantasies from huh?” 

 

“Fantasy you say?” Hyuna pushes herself off the wall with the help of her foot, approaching me like a tiger would play around with it’s prey before getting tired of it and striking. She walked slowly over, deliberately sliding her gaze knowingly onto mine. “Stop lying, Sarang. I can see it in your eyes” 

 

I sighed, “So what if I like him?” 

“And yet” She halted right in front of me, eyes narrowed like a cat’s and her expression darkening “You’re going to prom with someone else” 

 

“I don’t see how that’s any of your damn business” 

Her smirk widened “And what if I made it my business, Lee Sarang?” 

I took a step back, restraining myself from trembling “What do you really want, Hyuna?” 

“Oh nothing from you yet” She chuckled lowly, a small rumble from the back of “Just make sure you don’t come onto my bad side, or J-Hope might be knowing about your secret affections for him” 

 

I scowled “you wouldn’t” 

“Oh trust me, I would and I will if you piss me off” She waved her fingers in front of my face, almost scratching me before turning and walking away. I watched her long hair swaying past her soulders and tumbling down her back in soft, blonde waves and felt my insides tighten with annoyance and irritation. Was it that obvious, my crush on J-Hope? I hadn’t been staring at him recently, nor was I even dreaming or thinking about him since my thoughts were merely preoccupied by Jongin. I had never been one to be expressive of whatever I felt, or so I thought. The fact that Hyuna now knew a secret of my own left me paralyzed with unknown fear and awareness of how people could notice things that I may not. I hated how she was such an observant, and I hated how I could’ve been so stupid to let my feelings be shown to the whole wide world. 

Furthermore, how about Jongin? How would he feel if he knew about my buried feelings for J-Hope? Hurt, of course. He was a passionate person, someone that was possessive and jealous more easily when it came to things that belonged to him, and I was one of those things; for god’s sake I was his mate. He claimed me as his, so obviously the rage he would go through if ever he got to know how he wasn’t the only man in my world wouldn’t be a pretty picture, for both of us. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“Kai” 

 

Kai looked up upon hearing his own name, knowing from the cherry scent that enveloped around his body that Sarang was near. Her voice was a soft soprano’s, as light as a dove bird that caused the air around him to become thick with desire and another pleasant feeling that the boy couldn’t decipher in words. He got up from his seat upon settling his gaze upon her fidgeting body, and chuckled while walking over to her and tapping her lightly on the nose. “It’s Jongin for you, didn’t I make myself clear?” 

 

Sarang bit her lip in response, shuffling her feet like a kid would when misbehaving “Um..C-can I-Um- ask you…S-something?” 

 

She resembled such a shy and cute kid at this moment that Kai had to restrain himself from grabbing her and crushing her small body into his embrace while kissing her senseless. He was always on eggshells when around her, for fear that a nerve might snap and he might jump onto her. In his eyes, she was the flame that drew him in and nothing could change that. His hands itched to touch her skin, and he bit his lips in an attempt to gain his self-control back. “What’s wrong?” 

He hoped his voice wasn’t shaking like one of a wimp’s. 

 

“We have this dance…at school..” Sarang blabbered on and her lips automatically pursed when there was something that was preoccupying her mind, while Kai groaned at the seduction that pulled him in. if only he could just reach out and kiss those sensual lips dripping with desire. Control yourself, Jongin, he growled at his inner wolf who was yapping away at the unjust unfairness of the world. But then the word ‘dance’ clicked in his mind, perking up his ears, as the wolf grew alert. Never mind her lips now. 

“..And I wondered if you'd like to-um-b-be my p-p-partner…f-for p-prom” She stuttered in one go, breathing out loud once the words were out. Her eyes met with the ground, finding an interest in the small grovels and patterns instead of looking up to meet his gaze. God knows what the boy was thinking. He was probably regretting the imprint right this minute, and the girl bit her lip in frustration. Was she that undesirable? If he didn’t want to go, she wasn’t about to force him because-

 

“I’ll go” Jongin interrupted her train of thought, and within a second everything washed away. A smile broke out onto her face just like sunshine would appear behind a mass of clouds, and the beam she emitted vibrated with energy and profound happiness, so much that Jongin couldn’t resist smiling along. Her smiles were just too cute. They made her eyes turn into soft crescents while the maroon lightened up into another tone of brown altogether, just like one of a child’s. 

 

“Seriously?” she bit her lips in attempt to stop the grin. 

He nodded, loving the way she clapped her hands and started jumping on the spot. A chuckle resonated inside his chest at the sight of the girl. 

 

“What did you say about a dance?” Haerim’s head popped through the doorway, a vicious smirk on her cherry red lips. 

Sarang blushed while Jongin almost groaned and slammed the door in her fac, refraining instead for a soft growl while his eyes narrowed at the older female wolf. The latter grinned in response, “Oh stop acting like a brat, Kai”

 

“It’s the end of year dance, unnie” Sarang said before the boy could snap at her. 

“Ahhh~ And you’re bringing Kai along, well aren’t you smart” Haerim teased while the boy shot her a pointed look “After all, Kai is really possessive. Better not dance with other boys Sarang-ah” 

“Yah! Aish noona!” Kai roared as the said girl giggled before disappearing out of harm’s way behind the door. The boy scratched his head and sighed, his cheeks glowing a bright pink. He looked so cute and vulnerable like a little kid that had been exposed to the whole world that Sarang’s lips curved into a soft grin upon seeing this different side of him. Maybe baby Jongin was acceptable too. She preferred it much better to y and jealous Kai.