Imprint

Tied To A Child

 

 

 

 

I hesitated just before my fingers reached out to touch his. Could I really trust this guy? How can I be so sure that he wouldn’t throw me out of the window and eat me alive the moment my hand touched his? This thought of me dying early automatically caused my body to shrink back on itself, and he seemed to have noticed it for understanding swam in the border of his eyes while his face softened slightly.

“You don’t have to be afraid” His whisper was one of a gentle caress, a melody that reached my ears in a soothing lullaby.

Biting my lip, I looked up at him through my fringe and asked, “How can I be so sure that I can trust you?”

The look on his face was like a kick to my stomach. He resembled a beaten up puppy “When have I ever hurt you?”

I contemplated on this sentence. True, even in his wolf form, he had never caused me any pain nor inflicted any kind of physical damage onto me, even though the hidden beast in him could’ve done so. With a resolve, I placed my hand in his and felt the spark flying behind my eyelids, making them flutter.

What was this foreign feeling? Why was my heart beating so fast?

 

“I’m Kim Jongin” He introduced while dragging me down the stairs almost too rapidly for my liking. I stumbled behind him, and he slowed down his pace when he noticed how my legs seemed to twist and turn into rosettes behind his back, chuckling softly. The baritone rang through my ears and I swore I felt chills run down my spine. What was it about this particular boy that left me reeling with different feelings that I had never been exposed to before? The weirdness of it all made me feel insecure and afraid of what was to follow, and this was so not helping in the wolf-boy situation.

A sudden jolt of his muscle pulled me to him, crashing me headfirst into Jongin’s chiseled chest. Blinking, I looked up astounded, lips parted with shock. His eyes were no more hazel, but a mocha-like brown that swam with a kind of seduction through his dilated pupils. “You’re Lee Sarang, right?”

 

I nodded, mute. Then frowned “How did you-“He cut me off with a finger coming to rest onto my lips. I blushed with wide eyes. “All in good time, Sarang. Let’s go meet the rest of the pack first”

 

This boy, my eyes narrowed and I pulled away at once, not liking one bit about the fact that he kept bossing me around like I was his property. For god’s sake, I wasn’t part of the furniture in his house, and so I made it clear to him by sending him the coldest glare I could muster up “Don’t touch me like that

 

It was a mistake to enter the room beyond me.

Numerous pair of eyes glanced my way, and never left my face. I was silent as I took in the amount of people in this room, and gulped while stepping back one step at a time because of the sudden fear that engulfed my entire being, but soon got restrained by Jongin’s body, in which I bumped into. I noticed that most of them sported two identical ears springing up on each side of their heads, and all I could think was what the hell was going on? A silence ensued throughout the room, so still that practically no one was breathing in there, until one of the guys broke the silence with a soft, welcoming smile. Totally not something I had been mentally preparing myself for.

“Hey there, my name’s Suho. I’m the alpha of the pack”

Alpha? The unfamiliar sound rolled off my tongue impulsively as I repeated the word. The man before me just chuckled before a beautifully striking woman walked to his side and presented me a welcoming smile. She too had snow white ears freckled with specks of black. No, she wasn’t a fake, she was naturally blessed with good looks and I couldn’t help but feel inferior “My name’s Krystal, and I’m Suho’s mate”

 

M-Mate? Again, I was flabbergasted by the unfamiliar terms that rang inside my brain, screaming at me to stop listening and just fling myself out of the house, anything, just so that I could get out of this hole. Apparently, Jongin read my thoughts for a second later his huge palm came to a rest on my shoulder, urging me into the room.

 

I shrugged him off venomously and made sure that he caught sight of my glare. “I said, don’t touch me”

 

The sight of rejection on his face was so obvious that even his wolfish ears drooped. A sudden string inside of me screamed at my hand to move and caress him on the head, and I almost slapped myself in horror. What was going on with me and my weird behavior?! This was a stranger, why was I feeling pity for him?

A blur of faces passed before my eyes, and a list of names were given to me, although I couldn’t remember a single one of them. They sat me down gingerly on the sofa and a russet-haired boy with black ears sat down beside me. I think his name was Sehun though it wouldn’t surprise me if I had meddled them all up. They were all so handsome and had the same mysterious aura surrounding their bodies.

 

A growl resonated from my left, and when I turned, it was to my utmost surprise that I found Jongin, eyes narrowed and practically snarling at his friend. But what caught me the most was the fiery blaze of his red orbs, they reflected the color of blood.

Instead of getting scared of the man’s threats, Sehun just chuckled lowly and stood up from his seat. “I wasn’t doing anything, man”

The former growled once more.

 Confused, I watched Sehun go to a beautiful auburn-haired girl with matching brown ears, slipping a hand around her waist, and in response flickered my gaze back to Jongin who took his seat.

 

Frowning, I asked him “Why did you growl at him? He didn’t do anything wrong”

Surprisingly, everyone in the room burst out laughing while the one I had been talking to scowled back at me. Oh , I think I just pushed a button.

“She’s a tough one” The wide-eyed boy, Kyungsoo, pointed at me with a crinkle of his eyes.

 

“Okay kids, settle down” Suho took his seat opposite me, Krystal beside him “What’s your name?” the alpha had such a pleasant aura about him that I found it hard to imagine him as growling predator.

 

“Lee Sarang”

“How old are you now?”

I dismissed the ‘now’ that acted as a warning bell inside my head “I’ll be 17 soon, in October”

“Do you know why you’re here?”

I shook my head, hands unconsciously clasping tight in my lap. I could practically see the veins bulging out of my skin in fright.

“Do you know who we are?”

 

That question caught me off guard “Y-You guys…” my gaze flickered from one person to another “Are wolves”

Suho chuckled “You mean, werewolves”

 “Are you going to kill me?” I tried making as if I didn’t give a damn, but instead of my question coming out as a bold query, it slipped into a soft squeak at the end of my sentence.

The laughed again, obviously amused by my responses that I only found unnerving “No Sarang. We’re not going to kill you” Suho chuckled lightly.

 

“Let me start from the beginning..” He drawled out, nodding at the tall man named Kris. But before the latter could utter a response, another tall giant jumped in my way and practically himself into my personal space.

“I’ll tell her! Oh please hyung! Pleaseee, can I tell the story?!” I think his name was Chanyeol. Nevertheless, he scared the freeing beejeezus out of me, and I recoiled back in the sofa, hands clamping tight onto the material for comfort.

 

“No Chanyeol you might not” Kris rolled his eyes as he watched Jongin shove the latter away from me. I know he was being protective, and I was still kept in the dark about why he was being such a bodyguard, but in that moment, I was grateful about that.

 

“Well,” Kris started “Firstly, you must know that we’re wolves, and that yes, we eat raw meat. We can also transform whenever we want, not only during full moons if that was what you were going to ask. “ He gave me a pointed look. “Anyway, as you can see, this is my mate Mihye, and wolves usually imprint on their mates before bonding with them. You might not know the person whom you’re imprinting on, and that’s why bonding takes time. We don’t age normally, but when we bond to our mate, our time is connected so that we grow old together and die together. The link between the both of us is so intense and deep that I know the beatings of her heart as well as what she may be thinking”

 

My eyes were as wide as saucers, trying to take in all the information that was shoved at me at such a short amount of time. “S-So…y-you don’t bond with female wolves?” my voice wavered, and I almost cursed it out loud.

 

“We do. Suho and Sehun did as you can see from their ears. We usually can make them fully disappear when visitors are around but it’s much easier this way, keeping them straight. We can hear better too”

 

“Ah”

 

“Now, the reason why you’re here Sarang…” Kris’s eyes then darted from my face to Kai’s, and the obvious message was relayed to me. I blinked, and sat up a bit straighter, my jaw going slack and my eyes going wide.

“A-Are you saying-“ My breath caught in my throat when Kris’s eyes met mine, so intense with the truth presented before me like the doors have been opened.

“Yes, Sarang. You’re Jongin’s mate”

 

I fainted for the second time that day.

 


 

 

When I woke up again, light was streaming through the windows and bathed the unfamiliar room with morning light that glittered off the turquoise blue walls. I liked that color, it was my favourite. My eyebrows shot up at the coincidence of the situation, and I was about to move out of the bed I was lying in to get a better look when I got restrained by a pair of arms encircled around my middle.

 

Frowning, I looked down as my voice died down in my throat, eyes as wide as saucers. What in the actual -

 

No ting way.

 

“YAH!” I whacked Jongin across his chest and watched, quite satisfied of my work when the boy sprang up on the balls of his feet and crouched in an animalistic position, ears alert and straight. All in all, he reminded me of a small pup that had gotten his food stolen. Noticing that there was only me in the room, he relaxed slightly and blinked “Hey”

 

“Hey?” I questioned, my gaze drilling into him with such an intensity that he cowered back from the heat blazing through them “Don’t hey me. What the are you doing in my bed?”

 

‘Your bed?” he scoffed and I tried not rolling my eyes for the sake of being polite, although I wasn’t really attempting a good job at it “Excuse me, but must I remind you that this is my room”

“Well, why the heck did you bring me here anyway?” crossing my arms over my chest, I kept staring at him to gain a proper explanation and for this little to stop bullting me. I had enough of his stupid games and weird attitude.

“Uh, hello? You’re my mate, obviously we’re going to share a bed”

 

If my eyes had been wide then, they practically burst out of my sockets now.

Holy . So they hadn’t been kidding?

. This cannot be happening. No.

I’m ing doomed.

 

I cleared my throat in an attempt to appear calm and composed like the whole affair wasn’t scaring me off at all. Not that I was blasé about the whole thing, on the contrary, I was practically peeing in my pants right this minute. “Oh” I mumbled “R-right. So…”

“I’m not going to mark you any time soon, if that’s what you’re worried about” the black-haired boy got up from the bed to open the windows, letting more warmth hit my skin while I bathed in it’s glory for a small minute, enjoying how it danced up and down my body.

 

“E-Eh?” what did he mean by that?

“We’re going to get to know each other first, before we get intimately attached” the heat of his dark, mocha eyes were unbearable and I broke the eye contact, unable to keep staring for fear that he might curse me or something. Who knows? If you had asked me about werewolves one week ago, I would have just laughed in your face. Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if vampires appeared out of nowhere.

 

Oh.

 

No, mom…

The realization of the situation brought me crashing back to earth, flinging the images of my dead, bleeding mother across my brain and scattering along my mind. I couldn’t resist but emit a small sob at the loss. What was sadder was that I couldn’t even have a proper burial for her, nor put her into her best wedding dress and comb her hair, or make her up so that she’d be pretty as an angel when entering the doors of heaven. A tear spilled from my left cheek, then another, and another…

 

Before I knew it, a familiar warmth embraced me while I found my cheek to be resting on a soft but firm chest that gave me the comfort and soothing aura that I was in need of for now. Jongin. I breathed in the masculine, woody scent that filled my nostrils and for the first time, let myself go and think about the what if’s… if I had returned early, my mother wouldn’t have been attacked by those creatures…if I had returned early, I would have been able to sacrifice myself in my mother’s place…where was dad now? Was he dead too? Did they get him and eat him alive just like they did with my mother? Questions kept piling up in my head, and the images of my mother lying there kept replaying in my mind. I should have been there, I should have died in her place, I should have-

 

A growl erupted through Jongin’s chest, and with a swift movement cupped my chin to tilt my face up to meet his eyes, those dark and mysterious eyes that were burning with a hazel green color now, swirling with mists of maroon that indicated his anger.
“Don’t you ever” He snarled, the hand cupping my face as hard and solid as a cage “Ever think of dying for someone else. Never”

More tears poured out unwillingly, and albeit the fact that I hated crying in front of people because of the humiliation, the water kept flooding down my face like a glinting cascade of precious jewels, hiccups following soon after when I slid my eyes away from Jongin’s to stare at anything but this beautiful creature in front of me. I wanted to sink myself into a hole because of the embarrassment.

 

“Do you hear me, Sarang?” his voice, so low and husky I found myself swooning. Quickly catching a hold of my fangirling feels and hormones, I nodded silently before he released his hold and held out a tissue instead. Grateful for the papery material that could hide half of my face-I was sure to look like a mess with snot running down my nose-Not a pretty sight- I wondered exactly how the hell did he know what I was thinking about.

 

“Your most powerful thoughts echo, I can hear them. Not all, but practically the ones that affect you the most”

 

I glowered at the wolf-boy “Stop reading my mind”

 

“Stop thinking out loud” a sly grin slid onto his face “Let’s go eat. Breakfast”

Ignoring his hand, I cut across his body and walked out of the room, only to be presented with a huge- beautiful, round hall that had transparent bay windows on the ceiling so that light trespassed through easy, playing around onto the wooden floor. Around the hall were found numerous wooden doors that probably led to the wolves’ rooms, and right in the middle was a small staircase that led to a ginormous round table as well as the floor just underneath which was made up of the kitchen, living room and TV room. it was all so spacious and grand that I found myself getting stupider for not having realized how beautiful this mansion was before.

 

People were conversing at the dinner table and exchanging soft laughters. But soon, it died down when Jongin prodded me forward to descend down the stairs. Bracing myself for some glares, scowls and other heated gazes that reflected their negative behavior towards me –seeing as I was an outsider- most of them smiled in greeting and said hello with warm smiles gracing their faces. So bright and gleaming with genuine kindness. They don’t even know me, yet their trust and welcoming aura already made me feel like family.

 

“Good morning Sarang!~” Krystal patted the seat right beside her, and with another prod from wolf-boy, I went to take a seat beside her while watching her place a bowl, a spoon along with a knife and fork as well as a cereal box.

“I didn’t know if you wanted cereal or toast, eggs or bacon. So you choose~” She pushed everything into my peripheral vision and I thanked her meekly, saying that cereal was just fine thank you very much. In response, she just grinned back and ruffled my hair while saying something along the lines of  ‘you’re so cute”

 

A blush was quickly spilling over my cheeks and I bowed my head. Apparently, Jongin had been examining my every move for he chuckled lightly and reached over to pour some cereal in my bowl.

I blinked, surprised at his action “Wh-What are you doing?” I blurted out before I could stop myself. Wow, rude much, I thought as I slapped the inner me.

They all burst out laughing again, and I just bowed my head some more while peeking at Jongin through my fringe. It was then that I noticed how his blush mirrored mine when he put the box of cereal down none-too-gently.

“S-Sorry” I muttered “But why?”

“It’s okay to be surprised, Sarang” Haerim (Sehun’s mate) quipped “But for them werewolves, having an imprint really impacts them”

“That’s why Jongin is acting like such a saint and a good boy when he’s actually totally the opposite” Luhan’s eyes twinkled with mischief as he darted looks to and fro between the couple.

 

“Having an imprint on someone makes them kind of the reason why we’re alive. it’s like our world only revolves around that particular person, which is why we tend to lose ourselves and do things which isn’t usually in our nature” Kris said, taking a bite of his toast.

 

“Yeah, remember when you used to bring me breakfast in bed?” Mihye joked as she slapped Kris’s arm tauntingly. The golden-haired wolf replied by growling softly and shaking his head.

“Don’t remind me”

“Ooh, I’ll never forget those days” the older girl turned to me and shrugged “Just enjoy it, because as time goes by, they become really lazy and take us for granted”

 

“Anyway, Jongin’s never like that so feel special” Chen smirked. “right Jonginnie?~”

The said boy whined and kicked him under the table as he scowled, crossing his arms like a sulky child “Shut up, hyung”

 

“Aww, Kai’s blushing now!~” Chanyeol joined in.

Baekhyun let out a scoff “Damn Jongin, you’re really whipped’ and the two exchanged high-fives while sniggering.

Kai? I pondered over the unfamiliar name when Jongin banged his fist against the table and walked away, back tensed with anger when we all watched him go. I felt my heart drop, but ignored the fluttery feeling as I looked around the table with a confused face “What’s up with him?”

 

“He’s just going to sulk. You better go and calm him down” Chanyeol shoved a bacon in his mouth.

“yeah, you’re the only one who can do it here anyway” Luhan added.

 


 

HOW DID YOU LIKE THIS ONE EHHHH???? 

Cute Jongin is the best Jongin, and flustered jongin is adorrrraableeeee~ <3 

i hope you enjoyed this update! It's going to escalate from there and become fluffier and fluffier! :D

Comment, Subscribe and Upvote my beauties! <3 xxx