A light kiss

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember when Soo Hyeon stared at me in the entrance with Hoon Ha upset. My eyes were searching for the mistake with the hope she misunderstood what she had seen.

I also remember the next and my silly actions…

All yesterday, I avoided Soo Hyeon and Hoon Ha because what I want is to keep my mind safe. Where does my duty take me up to? I realize that I wish to have more, more than my life as an anaesthetist in mission. I dreamt with Cha Jin Soo at the roof but I wonder when I could realize only one of my dreams.

I want something new and sweet… as this light kiss that I exchanged with Soo Hyeon, whether it was not really one.

 

This last afternoon:

When Park Hoon left suddenly after dropping its bomb "Are you engaged?" I was angry and upset by Soo Hyeon’s bewilderment.

"Seung Hee, are you really engaged?" She was frowning and I was sure I deceived her.

"Seung Hee, are you okay?" she asked, maybe she was worried by my silence.

I didn’t know how to link the real respect that I have for her and that I didn’t want to lose since I started to like Soo Hyeon, with my spy pattern still cold and unfriendly. I should have to not be so nice with her, she wouldn’t have been too and so I wouldn’t have felt mesmerized by her, unable to think properly on such a simple matter.

"I shouldn’t," I said at high voice by mistake.

"What?" She asked.

"I am not… engaged," I finally said, glad to have complete my phrase with the answer she could have instead of what I couldn't really accept yet.

"But, why does Park Hoon say that you are? He was so angry and livid at that moment!"

"He is mistaken."

I saw she was looking again in my back, searching for Jin Soo, and I wondered if in spite of my answers she doubted the truth.

"It is not a matter if you are in couple. We don’t know us for a long time so you haven’t talked me about that yet!" She added, concerned.

"Soo Hyeon" I murmured.

And all these people who walked and looked at us in the hall since that time! We couldn’t stay here and I couldn’t face her anymore.

"Let’s go back to work now." I ordered.

"Seung Hee?" she insisted, "are you alright? I shouldn’t have heard…"

"It is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter