I meet you

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Eun Hee died yesterday.

Before we left for the hospital, she asked me to give Oh Soo Hyeon some things. I must respond to her last will.

On the road to meet her daughter, I am all smile, feeling the wind on my fingers through the windows. A trend idol group sings on the radio and I shake the head and one foot in rhythm.

My car is parked in front of Kim Eun Hee’s house, it’s time to introduce myself.

I can't see the lady’s eyes because she is wearing a pair of sunglasses but it might be Oh Soo Hyeon, elegant with her black suit despite the pain she is going through.

Guilty for having known her mother for nearly one year whereas she hadn't seen her since her childhood, I empathize with her sadness. She tries to express her sorrow but no words leave out . I attempt to find the soothing words although she is mourning. She relaxes a bit and I manage to push her head on my shoulder.

She shivers and cries. Eventually, she realizes how a stranger I am, she apologizes and asks for staying alone.

I get in the house, just to verify if each object, each memory of Kim Eun Hee's life are in their place. There are some pictures on the wall of me acting like a happy girl. I don't remember if it is true or fake. I really had respect for this woman but some of these scenes were shoot only for the mission I have to complete.

Because we owe the agent's children, we always have to give them good memories. The speech is always the same. "Your parents had a good life, they would have wanted to apologize many times for having abandoned their children but they never had the force to cope with that reality." And then, children can also cry and ask "why now?"

Soo Hyeon is still sit on the terrace, the head down. I return inside and take a chair in the kitchen. My body pressed back, I cross my hands on the table, waiting.


I was handcuffed on a chair, in a dirty and dark room, trying to articulate the words: "I am innocent".

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter