Share with you

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am with Cha Jin Soo in his car. I don’t speak, but he can’t help peering at me for the last minutes we have been sitting in the car. He hasn’t pronounced one word yet and I thank him for that. However, it will not last.

"I didn’t know you are able to smile, Han Seung Hee."

I haven’t noticed I was!

"What do you want?" I finally say, disappointed.

I don’t want to struggle with him now. It has been years I haven’t felt such normal, like a woman who can appreciate friendship. So, I haven’t answered because it will just be boring for me and useless for him. I have taken a long breath that Cha Jin Soo for sure may have noticed. I don’t care. However, Cha Jin Soo is tense. I wonder if he has new order.

He parked his car on the roadside and stopped the engine.

"Park Hoon, this guy, are you smiling because of him?" he was as angry as a jealous husband. He has misunderstood the meaning of my smile, but I can’t explain.

"Now he knows who you are, are you happy? So, show me who you are."

He starts the car and makes a U-turn. He is staying quiet, so I ask:

"My home isn’t by this way" I say softly.

"I know." He answers and then he keeps silence for what it seems to be a long long time until we arrive. I am tired of his states of mind.

I understand where we are, and so I am worried. In front of us, the lights of a car coming closer blind me for a time. Then, what I can notice is Park Hoon looking at us, sitting inside.

"Don’t you have something to confess?" he asks me.

Cha Jin Soo is an amazing soldier, with charisma, strength, authority but with a high light of craziness. He stares at Park Hoon’s car like guns ready to fire.

His request isn’t part of ordinary small talk in a normal life. For people like me, it’s an order, a way to test my integrity, a way to decide what will be my next moves because I am a North Korean agent known as Han Seung Hee. I'm used to kill, to betray, to act, and to defend myself. I’ve decided to obey and to manage all my missions with success, because it's the only way to have a feeling of freedom.

I go out from Jin Soo's car and walk closer. I have the hand on the door but I don't know if I am ready for that. I decide to enter and sit inside Park Hoon’s car.

Park Hoon looks at me with a sad expression. I answer by the same. It is not your fault Hoon Ha. It is not you who created the rules of that game. You ask with your eyes and I hear you. However, Hoon Ha, our relation ended a long time ago and now, we are at its deep tragically end.

"I am glad you are safe," he adds. "Don’t say anything if you don’t want, I am just thankful to see you, again. Even if you will say you are not Jae Hee, I know really who you are."

Do you understand what is really going on? You and I are now in the same hospital. It was easy to make you choose your job. I have also paid your employer. The only reason why I'm here with Cha Jin Soo is for my mission.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter