The level up

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nobody but me is in the elevator, so I appreciate to lay my back, relieved, with in memory my last dream due to a deep sleep. Sometimes and indeed it was that time, part of my past life and my present are in a fight in my head: my dad, my captivity, Hoon Ha’s eyes, Jin Soo’s words, Soo Hyeon’s smiles. However, I have rarely felt peace in my dreams, and for this time, I know it is thanks to Soo Hyeon. We have to schedule this dinner.

I get out of the elevator and go to my service where I have to take care of a patient before a surgery.

"Doctor Han, I have been speaking with this young girl before you arrive. Are you getting well?" Soo Hyeon asks me.

"Yes, thank you." "Does Doctor Oh take good care of you?" I ask to my patient, a ten years old girl hospitalized since a few days.

"Yes, she is really kind. She promises me to be my surgeon!" the girl exclaims.

"Hey, I am not but I will help for sure, I told you that!" Soo Hyeon corrects.

"You are right; she is going to be a surgeon and one of the best!" I add.

"Doctor Han, don’t say lies in front of that girl!" She is pouting but it is all a scene to distract the young girl and I can't help enjoying this scene.

We tell to that patient a "see you later" and walk through the hospital.

"We can go for a drink with Doctor Park, we have planned to see each other today outdoor." Soo Hyeon says.

Han Seung Hee. I am again this cold person in the time she is telling me about this meeting. Why does she have to be with Park Hoon?

"Doctor Han, excuse-me, I have forgot that you don’t like him. I saw Doctor Park on the morning and he was in a bad mood. So I have proposed him to speak about it later. He is strange, isn’t he? But, if you want, let's meet after my talk with him!"

If she has to help so… I can’t stop her. That’s why I agree and she leaves me.

 

We all work together in the operating room on this young girl and I manage to avoid Park Hoon twice. The surgery is a success, I need to check her waking up following the anaesthesia.

 

"Doctor Han? You're expected to the ICU."

When I reach the service where I have been requested, another nurse shows me the room of my patient. Inside, Oh Soo Hyeon and the girl are bright despite the weakness of the patient who had been throw an invasive and painful operation.

"Doctor Han", Soo Hyeon says when she notices me. "We are lucky to have you there. She wanted to tell you about her dream because she slept well during the surgery thanks to your anaesthesia. However, I have told her she is too weak now to speak again."

She says to the girl: "So, you have to sleep. You will gain strength and a better health!"

"She will tell me about it later when she is healthier." I say.

"Have you heard that?" Soo Hyeon adds smiling to the girl.

It is a beautiful picture. Soo Hyeon is a gift handed doctor who values social relationships. Of course, she already has money because of her family but she doesn’t seem interested by it as other doctors who works at this false castle.

There is something with Soo Hyeon which makes us feel secure, brave and valued.

 

My day is nearly over.

I am in the cloakroom and check my phone. No message. I am glad Cha Jin Soo has forgotten me for a time. Also none from… I have expected a text from Soo Hyeon because she has said she wants to speak with me.

I close the locker and go, ready to go home. My phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter